Rent a car for Manama Bahrain International Airport
Flying into Manama Bahrain International Airport (BAH)? Book an affordable car rental with VIP Cars and explore the capital city of Bahrain – and its unique attractions like Al Fateh Grand Mosque, Bahrain National Museum, and Bab Al Bahrain – in absolute luxury!
Renting a car for Bahrain Airport is quite easy; all you have to do is follow our three-step process - search, book, and compare!! You can start searching for your car hire by filling the form given above; after submitting the form, compare the populated deals by making use of various filters given on the left pane of the 'select' page. After a thorough comparison, select the deal that meets your needs and book by paying a small amount!
Companies Offering Car Rentals for Bahrain Airport (BAH)
The following VIP Cars’ associate suppliers offer car rental deals for Bahrain Airport; they also have their desks at the airport:
Car Categories Available for hire at Bahrain Airport (BAH)
Though availability of the car categories totally depends upon the rental dates you have chosen, here is a tentative list of car categories that VIP Cars’ partner suppliers offer:
Bahrain Airport Car Rental (BAH) – Driving Tips
- In the case you are visiting Bahrain for the first time, note that in Bahrain, drivers drive on the right-hand side.
- Seatbelts are compulsory! Therefore, all passengers will need to wear a seat belt when traveling. And if kids are also going to accompany you in your BAH Airport car rental, make sure that they are seated at the back of the vehicle.
- Avoid using mobile phones while driving, is it not allowed unless you have a hands-free kit at hand.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol is prohibited. Same goes for eating and smoking!
- All renters should note that, in Bahrain, at roundabouts, drivers give right of way to the vehicles inside the roundabout.
- Turning right is not allowed on a red traffic light. Also, during red light, make sure that your car is always behind the white line, this is because most of the traffic lights have road sensors.
- If a driver is flashing their vehicles high light beam, it means they want to pass by.
- Unless there are marked bays, parking on the roads is not allowed.
- The painted arrows on the lane indicate directions that are possible from the lane.
- Speed Limits in Bahrain
- In the towns the speed limit is 60 km/h (37mph)
- On the open roads you can drive your Bahrain Airport car rental between 80-100km/h (50-62mph)
- On Motorways the speed limit is 120km/h (75mph)
- Some Useful Numbers
- Emergency number - 999
- Traffic Police- 199
Petrol Stations Near Bahrain Airport (BAH)
The following petrol stations are located near Bahrain Airport, and are known to provide 24 hour service.
- Petrol station: It is about 27 minutes from Bahrain Airport via Shaikh Khalifa Bin Salman Highway
- Muharraq Town Petrol Filling Station: It is a 3 minutes drive from BAH Airport via Airport Avenue
- Al Fateh Petrol Station: It sits 16 minutes away from the BAH airport via Al Fatih Highway
- Lulu Petrol Station: It is located 21 minutes from Bahrain Airport via Airport Ave and Shaikh Isa Bin Salman Causeway.
Bahrain Airport (BAH) – Overview
Bahrain Airport is an international airport located on the island of Muharraq which is about 7 kilometers from the capital city of Bahrain – Manama. Bahrain Airport has been providing scheduled flights to numerous destinations around the globe since 1932 and now serves as the hub for Gulf Air – the country’s national carrier.
|Address:||Bahrain International Airport, Muharraq, Bahrain|
Eateries and Restaurants at Bahrain International Airport
There are 12 restaurants at Bahrain International Airport.
Besides its world-renowned coffee, Starbucks also offers breakfast and drinks like Caramel Mocha.
Fried Pickles, Tostada Chips and Cajun Chicken Pasta are some of its menu’s highlights.
Belgian Chocolate, Mint Choc Chip, and Caramel Fudge are some of Costa’s specialties.
Dairy Queen’s menu offers a range of choices from combos to meal deals and kid’s meals.
The pizzas offered here are baked with flavorful, superior-quality ingredients and toppings.
It offers a variety of fast food items, kid’s burger meals and quality ice creams.
Shops at Bahrain International Airport
Bahrain International airport has 34 shops, which include all from currency exchange to banking, car rental counters/desks and electronic shops.
It is a foreign exchange company that also deals with international payments.
National Bank of Bahrain offers banking service to the airport passengers.
It is a great place to buy stuff like smartphones, tablets and other electronics.
At this store you can buy prepaid cards, phone, computers and laptops etc.
Here you can buy anything from electronics to spirits, clothes and accessories.
Here you can buy from a big range of things from apparels, barware, and all things Boulevard.
Lounges at Bahrain Airport
Bahrain airport has 6 lounges located within the airport’s main terminal.
Suggested Road Trip in Bahrain
For those who are thinking of taking a road trip from Bahrain Fort to Durrat Al Bahrain, you can take the full advantage of your car rental & can enjoying the trip in total ease.
Road Trip from Bahrain Fort to Durrat Al Bahrain
This trip will provide you a great peek into Bahrain’s exceptional countryside, and on the way from Bahrain Fort to Durrat Al Bahrain, there are various other stops worth visiting that will definitely add meaning to your day trip. They are as follows:
Originally known as The Qal'at al-Bahrain, Bahrain Fort is an archaeological site which dates back to the 6th century AD. It is Bahrain’s only UNESCO World Heritage Site!
One of Bahrain’s majestic historic royal palaces, Riffa Fort was the residence of Shaikh Salman bin Ahmed Al Fateh Al Khalifa. While some sources claim that it was built during the Shaikh Salman's reign in 1812, other states that it was built sometime in the 17th century during the reign of the Persian Safavid Empire of Iran.
First Oil Well
As its name suggests, it was the first Oil well to be found on the Arabian side of the Persian Gulf on 16th Oct 1931, which indeed makes it a must visit destination.
Jebel al Dukhan
Located in Jizan in the Saudi's territory, Jebel al Dukhan is Bahrain’s highest peak!
Tree of Life
More than 400-year-old, 'Tree of Life' is the only tree located on a hill of the Arabian Desert surrounded by miles of sand. It is Bahrain's national icon!
Durrat Al Bahrain
The country's third largest artificial island, Durrat Al Bahrain is home to luxury 5-star hotels, an 18-hole golf course, and a marina.
- From Bahrain Fort, follow the Sheikh Khalifa bin Salman Highway and at the third interchange take the exit to Riffa.
- On the Wali Al-Hamad Highway, when you pass the clock roundabout followed by the traffic lights, take a right turn to Riffa Fort.
- From Riffa Fort, again join the Sheikh Salman Highway; take the left from the Palace Roundabout. On reaching the Awali roundabout, take the right and then left, on reaching the next roundabout, keep an eye on the signs to reach the First Oil Well.
- From the First Oil Well, follow the well-signed road to reach the Tree of Life. From there, follow the main road, on reaching the King Hamad Highway turn right towards Durrat Al Bahrain.
Bahrain Airport Car Rental (BAH) – Frequently Asked Questions
How do I book a car rental for Bahrain Airport?
You can book a car rental for pickup at Bahrain Airport by visiting and filling the search form available at vipcars.com. Alternatively you can also make a phone booking by calling our booking support team at our helpline numbers.
What documents do I need to rent a car for Bahrain Airport?
To successfully pick your Bahrain Airport car rental, you will need to present the following documents at the time of pickup at the rental desk.
- Credit card
- Driving License
- Passport or any other ID Card
Can I add extras while booking my Bahrain Airport Car Rental (BAH)?
Yes, you can, but for that you will have to pay a small amount which will be added to your car rental bill. Though extras vary from supplier to supplier, the following are the most common ones that are offered by our suppliers which offer Bahrain Airport car rentals:
- Toddler Seat
- Additional Driver
Will I receive confirmation after booking my car rental for Bahrain Airport?
Yes, immediately after booking your Bahrain Airport car rental with us, you will receive confirmation, by email.
WHow old do I have to be to rent a car at Bahrain Airport (BAH)?
Though the minimum age to rent a car at Bahrain Airport is 21, yet it is also true that the age requirements can vary from supplier to supplier. It also depends upon the car type you are booking.
Note: When booking online, on filling the search form, a list of available deals will populate; it is here that you will notice that each deal is provided with 'vehicle terms and conditions’ link, right below the select button. Click on it to know about that particular supplier’s minimum age requirements for that given car category.
How can I pay for my rental car online?
You can pay for your Bahrain Airport car rental through a valid credit card. Note that with VIP Cars, at the time of booking, you only pay a small amount, and the rest is to be paid at the car rental desk.
If I have forgotten my driving license, can I still pickup my Bahrain Airport car rental (BAH)?
No, the driving license is mandatory; every renter will need to present his/her driving license to successfully rent a car at Bahrain Airport.