Looking for an affordable car rental deal for Muscat Airport?
Use VIP Cars to book a value for money rental car for Muscat Airport. Simply fill in your pick-up and drop-off dates, along with country of residence and age, and as you'll click 'search', a list of vehicles from leading car hire suppliers at Muscat Airport, including Avis, Dollar Rent a Car, Europcar, National, Sixt, and Thrifty Car Rental, will appear. You can compare prices, applicable conditions, and inclusions offered, and select a car that best fulfills your traveling needs. Every MCT Airport rental car booked from VIP Cars comes with 24/7 assistance and free cancellation if you cancel a deal 24 hours before the pickup time.
How an online car hire reservation for Muscat International helps?
An unprepared plan is liable to cause unwarranted disruptions in your Muscat itinerary. Regardless of the destination that you plan to visit, you'd find it depressing to spend time at Muscat Airport car hire desks, arranging a transport for yourself.
As Avis, Europcar, and Thrifty have their service desks located in the Arrivals Hall, booking a rental car online for Muscat International is the fastest way to drive out of the airport.
Advance reservation not only saves your time but also gives you the cheapest deals on car hire for Muscat International. Moreover, you'll not have to stand in a queue waiting for your turn at the rental desk.
Interested in cross-border travel in Muscat Airport car hire?
If traveling to Abu Dhabi or Dubai in the UAE from in your Muscat Airport rental car has been on your mind, you have arrived at the right place. You can choose to drop-off your Muscat International car hire at any of the 52 designated locations spanning across the United Arab Emirates.
Please note that you'd need to procure all the relevant immigration documents before you proceed to cross the border of Oman.
Which are the other car hire pick-up locations in Muscat?
Looking for only one-way car rental from Muscat International? VIP Cars gets you covered with 6 rental car drop-off locations scattered across Muscat.
You can pick your rental car from Muscat International and drop it at any of the following locations:
Ghala, Sultanate of Oman
Al Azaiba South
Al Azaiba, Sultanate of Oman
Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Crowne Plaza Hotel
Ruwi 112, Muscat 112, Oman
Al Bustan Palace Hotel
Al Bustan Street, Quron Beach, Muscat 114, Oman
Muscat Intercontinental Hotel
Al Kharjiya Street, Al Shati Area, Muscat 113, Oman
Muscat International Airport
Situated about 32 km/20 miles away from the old city, Muscat International Airport is the main airport serving Oman. While flights to regional destinations account for majority of air traffic, Muscat International offers flights to couple of destinations in Africa, Asia, and Europe.
Comprising of one large passenger terminal, Muscat Airport features an array of facilities such as, ATMs, foreign exchange bureaus, restaurants, tourist information desks, prayer rooms, postal services, medical assistance, restrooms, designated smoking areas, and luxurious lounges.
|Address:||Muscat International Airport, Muscat, Oman|
Muscat Airport duty-free shopping
Spread across 1,200 sq m, Muscat Airport duty-free arcade consists of 2 duty-free shops located near the departures area and as well as near the arrivals area. With the merchandise categories featuring a diverse range of products, including confectionery, cosmetics, crystal ware, liquor, perfumes, skincare products, tobacco, and exquisite watches, you can expand your shopping list as much as you want.
Top attractions in Muscat
One of the leading holiday destinations popular for recreation, Muscat reflects limitless beauty. Quite different from the surrounding Arab capitals, Muscat deliberately misses out on skyscrapers, giving it a unique architectural attribute that leaves you guessing. With its glowing sandy beaches extending well beyond 124 miles, Oman's capital is a paradise for those interested in free-flowing drives. And, with MCT Airport car hire on your side, you can munch as many miles as you can. But, before you make a plan to go off-road in your 4WD car hire in Oman, check out the list of most visited attractions in Muscat:
Grand MosqueSultan Qaboos St, Muscat, Oman
- A massive prayer complex, the Grand Mosque gifted by Sultan Qaboos to his countrymen can accommodate nearly 20,000 people at one time.
- Open throughout the year, the Grand Mosque requires visitors to dress modestly, with legs and arms covered. Mosque cafe lets visitors hire full-length dresses and appropriate headgear.
Bait Al ZubairMuscat 100, Oman
- A privately owned museum, Bayt Al Zubair showcases Oman's heritage in beautiful displays of traditional furniture, coins, stamps, and handicrafts.
- The museum has become a popular cultural center, with Gallery Sarah located within the museum, playing host to several international exhibitions.
Royal Opera HouseAl Kharjiyah St, Muscat 103, Oman
- The Royal Opera House, featuring a thoughtful blend of the Islamic and Italian architecture, has a capacity of about 1,000 people.
- The opera complex comprises of a concert theater, landscaped gardens, luxury restaurants, an art center, and auditorium.
National MuseumAl Saidiya Street, Muscat 113, Oman
- Featuring Oman's heritage, the National Museum showcases more than 5,000 objects, learning center, digital cinema, conversation facilities, and special discovery areas for kids.
- In addition to exquisite relics, the museum also houses 14 permanent galleries that cover more than 4,000 sq m.
Al Jalali FortAl Bahri Rd, Muscat, Oman
- One of the attractions requiring you to obtain a permit from Oman's Ministry of National Heritage & Culture, the Al Jalali Fort stands guard to the country's eastern harbor.
- Look out for military events during your visit to Muscat as the fort gets beautifully decorated and also features a bagpiper show, along with a grand fireworks display.
Mutrah SouqCorniche, Oman
- Experience the authentic Arab bazaar with hundreds of traditional shops engaged in selling textile, jewellery, and artifacts from Oman and India.
- Evenings are the best times to visit Mutrah Souq, and you can easily wrap up your trip to traditional Arab bazaar within 1.5 hours.
Most popular road trips from Muscat
As Oman's landscape combines untouched mountains, a vast expanse of desert, and a brilliant coastline, who wouldn't like to drive around! Moreover, as the country has an excellent road network, coupled with the fact that signboards are in English and fuel is cheap, an unforgeable road trip becomes inevitable. Rent a 4WD in Oman if you are seriously inclined to experience something extraordinary. Check out the following most popular road trips emanating from Muscat:
- Muscat – Jebel Shams
- Distance: 243 km/151 miles via Route 15
- Jebel Shams, the highest mountain in Oman, is famous for its breathtaking views, adventurous ride to its peak, and handwoven carpets.
- Your drive to the Western Al Hajar mountains will let you enjoy a captivating scenery. You will be amused to drive along the Wadi Ghul, the Grand Canyon of Arabia.
- Muscat – Al-Wasil
- Distance: 194 km/121 miles via Route 23
- A spectacular landscape with the desert in sight as far as you can see, road trip to Al-Wasil looks like something out of this world.
- Besides stunning natural beauty, the Sharqiya Sands is known for its nomadic tribes, star gazing at night, and a spectacular sunrise.
- Muscat – Ras Al Jinz
- Distance: 247 km/153 miles via Route 17
- A popular tourist destination among every age group of travelers, Ras Al Jinz is notable for its Turtle Reserve and coastal road.
- The coastal area is dotted with a few restaurants and one hotel for those willing to stay. Ras Al Jinz Turtle Reserve also offers a staying option in its eco-tents.