Cheap Car Rentals in Anchorage
VIPCars offers you the lowest price deals on car rentals in Anchorage. A 3-step journey on our easy-to-use platform makes booking a rental quick and convenient, all you need to do is- search, compare, and book.
Anchorage serves as an excellent location to witness northern lights, known as the aurora borealis. Dog sledding, cruising in glaciers, walking in the rainforest, and fishing in Cook Inlet are some of the few activities available in Anchorage. An Anchorage car rental makes it possible to enjoy all these activities and much more at your own time and speed, with utmost privacy. So, avail the cheapest car rental deals from our platform by booking a rental as early as possible. With the option of 24x7 booking support, we are available to help you at all times, renting a car has never been easier, book now.
Car Rental Companies in Anchorage, Alaska
VIPCars works with some of the most esteemed international and domestic car rental suppliers. For a stress-free journey, many of our suppliers offer inclusions like Collateral Damage Waiver (CDW), Theft Waiver (THW), unlimited mileage, etc.
Some of the car rental companies associated with us in Anchorage are:-
Car Rental Categories in Anchorage
Fuel-efficient and the most affordable categories of car rentals.
Suitable for big groups traveling together. Available in 7,9,12, and 15-seater variants.
These cars are mostly preferred by travelers with heavy equipment. SUV rentals are spacious with good boot space.
It is favored for its world-class interiors and style, suited when on a business trip or celebrating a special occasion.
Tips for Anchorage Car Rental
- Choosing Anchorage airport as a pick-up location for your car rental is advisable. You can hop into your car as soon you land which is convenient and time-saving.
- Generally, Anchorage is covered in multiple inches of snow, opting for snow chains is a wise investment. You can book them from Extras while reserving your rental.
- Car rental returns in Anchorage should be at the correct time to avoid late fees and avoid last-minute delays in your journey.
- When accompanied by kids you can carry your own child seat. You can also book a child seat, or child booster seat from Extras while reserving your vehicle, as it is illegal in Anchorage to drive without one
Places to see in and around Anchorage
- Chugach state park -for wildlife spotting especially Moose
- King's creek- for salmon fishing
- Turnagain arm- for whale watching
- Crow creek gold mine- for gold mining
- Alaska native heritage center- for experiencing the life of native Alaskan groups.
Popular One-Way Car Rentals in Anchorage, Alaska
Anchorage Airport to Seward, Alaska
Distance: 125.7 mi Via: Via AK-1 S and State Hwy 1
Anchorage Airport to Juneau, Alaska
Distance: 848.6 mi Via: AK-1
FAQs - Car Rentals in Anchorage
An SUV is the most preferred type of car rental in Anchorage, Alaska. SUV car rental makes carrying different types of equipment for fishing and hiking much more convenient for a smooth trip.
The minimum age to rent a car in Anchorage is 21 years. If the renter's age is below 25 years a Young Drivers Surcharge may apply.
You will need a Driver's License (DL), International Driving Permit (IDP) in case the DL is not in the Roman alphabet, a credit card in the name of the main driver, and a valid ID proof (preferably a passport).
Yes, you can rent a car on a long-term basis in Anchorage. You can rent on a weekly, monthly as well as a multi-month basis for a hassle-free journey and be free of transportation worries. A private car rental in Anchorage is as good as traveling with your own car.
VIPCars.com offers the cheapest car rental deals, with a vast fleet of cars to choose from and reserve in Anchorage. Book in advance on our online platform to get low prices and the best deals.