Rent a car in Prague, Czech Republic
Search for a car rental apt for touring Prague at leisure and explore all that the charming town offers. You can now plan a wonderful holiday in the capital of Czech by choosing to book your Prague car rental deal through us.
Through tie-ups with top suppliers, we endeavor to provide our valued patrons with the best of services in terms of excellent cars, attractive inclusions like unlimited mileage and theft protection as well as a host of other benefits. Bookings can be easily made online through our booking engine by following just a few steps: search, compare & book. Also, you can go for a cross-border road trip to countries like Poland, Germany, Hungary and Austria. Just make sure that you go through the driving and renting requirements of Czech Republic before placing the booking.
Rent a car in Prague from top companies
Our booking website offers car rental deals in Prague by multiple suppliers that have tie-ups with VIPCars.
- ACE Rent A Car
- Sixt Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Green Motion
Our car rental locations in Prague
Car rentals in Prague can be booked at any of the following locations comprising transport hubs as well as tourist centres of the capital. Arriving in Prague through Prague Airport or Prague Train Station? You can hire a car at these locations so that you can take the car upon your arrival in Prague and use it throughout the trip. Apart from that, you can also rent a car at Prague city center, Fidlovacka or Vestec.
- Prague Airport
- Prague Downtown
- Prague Vestec
- Prague Fidlovacka
- Prague Main Railway Station
Popular rental car types available for Prague
The following are the most popular categories of car rentals available at our website for Prague.
Standard or intermediate cars
Skoda Octavia or similar
Van or minivan
Ford S-Max or similar
Volkswagen Golf or similar
Toyota RAV4 or similar
Opel/Vauxhall Corsa Automatic or similar
Chrysler 200 or similar
Luxury / premium
Nissan Maxima or similar
Fiat 500 or similar
Mercedes SLK or similar
Road trip suggestions with a car hire in Prague
The base of the European road network, Prague is an ideal location to start a journey to explore Europe. Moreover, a road trip is the best means to take in the charm of the beautiful countryside of Prague. Our rental suppliers even let you enjoy cross-border road trips from Prague.
Prague, Czechia to Vienna, Austria
Distance: 332.6 km Duration: 3 hours 37 minutes Route: D1/E65
Prague, Czech to Budapest, Hungary
Distance: 524.8 km Duration: 5 hours 19 minutes Route: D1/E65, D2/E65 and M1
Tips on driving a car rental in Prague
- Prague, just like the rest of the Czech Republic, drives on the right-hand side of the road. The road rules include, all the passengers should wear seat belt, the country is intolerant towards drunken driving, etc. Stick to the speed limits of 31 mph (50 km/h) in built-up areas, 55 mph (90 km/h) out of the built-up areas, 80 mph (130 km/h) on the motorways, etc.
- If you plan to take a road trip from Prague then you must rent a car for the same. To travel comfortably as per your personal schedule, a car rental is the best option. Taxi drivers of Prague do not hold a good reputation and a car rental is a cheaper option compared to hiring a taxi. Go for a smaller car for the busy areas of Prague or a luxury vehicle when you need to make an impact.
- Winter tyres are compulsory in Czech Republic from 1 November to 31 March or whenever the temperature drops lower than 4 degrees Celsius and if the road is covered with snow or ice.
- Please keep in mind that the center of Prague can easily be explored on foot but for airport transfers, sightseeing and road trips, a car rental in a must.
Top things to do in Prague
Located in the heart of Eastern Europe, Prague ranks amongst the top tourist destinations across the globe with its large number of buildings and monuments built using different architectural styles. If you are looking forward to pay visits to churches, cathedrals, museums, castles and the like then these are found in abundance in the city of Prague. Cultural events like operas and music performances are equally popular in Prague. Taste the authentic Czech-style food along with some delicious beer in the capital of Czech Republic.
Drive to the following attractions in Prague
- Prague Castle
- Charles Bridge
- Old Town
- Malá Strana
- Powder Tower
- Golden Lane
- Lennon Wall