Cheap Car Rentals at Hamburg Airport (HAM)
Use our website, VIPCars.com, to book a cheap car rental at Hamburg Airport from trustworthy car rental suppliers such as Enterprise and Sixt, inclusive of varying advantages such as CDW and round-the-clock customer support.
Germany specializes in car manufacturing and Germans have a special place for cars in their lives so you must rent a car to enhance your experience at Hamburg Airport, Germany. Booking through us ensures flexible options such as one-way rentals and different drop-off locations such as Hamburg Central Railway Station and Hamburg Downtown. Through VIPCars, you get to choose from a wide fleet of cars including compact cars, sedans, vans, full-size models, luxury cars, and economy cars along with stylish convertibles.
Car rental companies at Hamburg Airport (HAM), Germany
Hertz Car Rental
Terminal 2, Level 0 (Arrival)
Sixt rent a car
Flughafenstr. 1/Terminal 2
Europcar Car Hire
Flughafenstrasse 1, Arrival Hall Terminal 2
Alamo Rent A Car
The pioneer in online car rentals.
Flughafenstraße 1-3/Terminal 2
Global Drive Rent-a-Car
Terminal 2, Arrivals Level
Car Rental Types at Hamburg Airport, Germany
Go for a smaller car if your trip will be small and the passengers are few. Renting a car at Hamburg Airport for a longer time duration calls for an SUV or a luxury car, especially, if you are traveling with family.
- Economy car rentals
- Mini rentals
- Standard rentals
- Compact car rentals
- SUV rentals
- Luxury car rentals
- Vans/ Minivan rentals
How to book a car rental at Hamburg Airport?
- You just have to select pickup and drop off locations for your car rental.
- Set any currency and view the prices easily.
- Click “Search Car” to get the list of available car rentals at VIPCars.
- You can set your local currency get the prices in your own currency.
- Our helpful filters enable the user to compare the available car rentals for HAM Airport with ease.
- Finally, narrow down to one car for renting at Hamburg Airport.
- Add extras like child seat and GPS. Add your flight number to adjust the car rental pickup time according to your flight status in cases of delay.
- Payment through our safe gateway is the last step for confirming the car rental booking.
Top tips for a Hamburg Airport car rental
- To drive a car rental in Germany, foreigners must have a translated driving license, must be held for at least 1-3 years. If your license mentions only automatic transmission then you cannot drive a manual car in any part of Germany.
- Germany is very strict about rules and foreigners have to pay a hefty fine for violations. You cannot use a mobile phone even on stoppages unless on a hands-free set.
- Avoid driving during rush hours.
- Most of the cars in Germany are manual and Germans drive on the right-hand side of the road.
- Germans drive very fast. Be extra careful while overtaking and do it only in the left lane.
- Always wear a seat-belt.
At VIPCars.com, you can add extra facilities like a GPS to your car rental for HAM Airport. During winters, it is advisable to book a car rental with tyres equipped for snow. In Hamburg, usually, there are free parking services, you can find them online from any car parking map. Also, there are Park and Ride services, meaning, you can reach a location by your vehicle, park it and then go further using public modes of transport. So, rent a car in style from VIPCars for a more convenient experience.
With the help of a means of transport, you can plan harbour tours to enjoy the boat rides. Touring the beautiful city in your car rental will intensify your travel experience in Hamburg. Driving in Hamburg calls for experiencing the unique highway- the Autobahn so visit a neighbouring city and enjoy the iconic drive.
With VIPCars.com, you get to enjoy the independence of having a personal rented vehicle at Hamburg Airport.
About Hamburg Airport
One of the busiest airports in Germany, Hamburg Airport or as said in German, Flughafen Hamburg, is the international airport of Hamburg that is equipped with all the advance facilities. Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 are the two terminals at HAM Airport which are connected to the Airport Plaza and baggage claim area. The Airport Plaza has security checks along with all the refreshing services like food and lounges as well as the S-Bahn station.
|Flughafenstr. 1-3, 22335 Hamburg, Germany
Facilities at Hamburg Airport
The airport has a wide range of shopping brands like Hugo Boss and Victoria’s Secret at Departure (Level 1) & Arrivals (Level 0).
Passengers enjoy a variety of restaurants like McDonald’s, Starbucks, etc. in mostly all the areas of the airport.
Lounges, pharmacies, dentists, children’s play area, travel agencies, banks and smoking cabins are just a few of the many services available at HAM Airport.
Find the car rental counters of our suppliers on Level 0 (Arrivals), Terminal 2. They will be ready with your preferred car rental if you book with VIPCars.com.
Visit Popular Attractions in Hamburg in your Car Rental
One of the major attractions in Hamburg is Miniatur Wunderland. It showcases miniature train models and is the largest in its type. You can buy the tickets online for your convenience as there is usually a queue.
The German word means “city of warehouses”. A must-visit for lovers of culture as it's the largest warehouse district in the world. It features buildings standing on oak logs and neo-gothic brick architecture. It's a contrast to Hamburg's modern steel and glass constructions.
With 9 roller-coasters, Heide Park is one of the largest theme parks in Germany and the most-visited one. 50 attractions, a hotel and a camp make the theme park an interesting place to visit. There are themed shows, Germany's only winged roller coaster, etc.
An iconic zoo in Stellingen, Hamburg, with many attractions, is an ideal place to visit for the adventurous tourist. The zoo features around 2000 species of animals. You can enjoy a show or an activity related to animals. It is one of the best zoos in Europe.
An ideal place for art lovers and one of the largest museums in Germany. The art museum, derives its name from its history, Kunsthalle means "art hall". Artwork, art collections and events adorn the museum. "The Sea of Ice" by Caspar David Friedrich is one of the famous works in Kunsthalle Hamburg.