- Cheap car rental Luxembourg
- Long term car rental Luxembourg
- Luxury car rental Luxembourg
- Best car rental companies
- Car rental locations
- One-way car rental Luxembourg
- Frequently asked questions
Book a cheap car rental in Luxembourg
|Minimum age to rent a car in Luxembourg:||21 years|
|What do I need to rent a car:||Driver’s license, credit card and an ID|
|Minimum car hire period:||1 day|
Rent a car in Luxembourg – a small landlocked country in Western Europe, which shares borders with France, Germany, and Belgium – and explore all that you plan to see at your own pace & schedule. There are two main areas within Luxembourg; the Gutland in the South and the Oesling part of the Ardennes mountain range, in the North. The head of state is a grand duke, making Luxembourg the world's last remaining grand duchy.
Influences from neighboring countries have helped to shape the culture and cuisine, providing a true blend of styles. Activities in Luxembourg often focus on its great outdoors, with hiking and cycling in the stunning mountain regions a very popular way to explore the country's nature. The Moselle wine region is another well-liked place to visit and the capital city is the main cultural heart, with rich architecture.
VIP Cars provide rental cars across all regions of Luxembourg, allowing you to discover this amazing land of contrasts.
- Long-term car rental Luxembourg: With our suppliers you can rent short as well as long-term car rentals; no matter whether you want a car for a day or a month, VIP Cars can help you find your perfect rental vehicle.
- Luxury/budget car rental Luxembourg: Whether looking to rent a luxury or a budget car rental, both options are available with us. All you have to do is fill the search form or call us for more details.
Car rental companies in Luxembourg
Our partner agencies have their rental car offices almost all over the country of Luxembourg which allows us to offer a big variety of pickup/drop-off-locations within the country. In addition to great prices, these suppliers also offer inclusions and add-ons to make the renter’s journey as smooth as possible. The inclusions cover basic insurances like collision damage waiver and theft waiver; they come covered in the deal’s price, you don’t have to pay anything for these. In case of add-ons, child-seats, GPS and Wifi-Access devices can be rented by paying a small fee at the time of booking; they are offered as optionals by the rental company.
We work with the following car hire agencies in Luxembourg:
Driving tips and useful information for Luxembourg
Here is a list of driving tips that might come handy while driving your car rental in Luxembourg:
- In Luxembourg, the drivers don’t have to pay any toll.
- If the car doesn’t have 'Euro-plates’, use a GB sticker at the back of the car
- All the children less than 3 years old have to be seated in the back seat of the car in proper restraint systems.
- While driving your rental car in Luxembourg, make sure that you have your ID and car rental agreement with you at all times.
- In winters it is illegal to drive without proper winter types.
- Drunk driving is illegal; alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml blood.
- Speed limits are: 31mph/50kph for cities and 74mpg/120kph for highways respectively
- Most gas stations are open from 7 am to 8 pm, so plan your vehicle refuelling accordingly.
- Most of the parking lots in Luxembourg are paid because of the scarcity of parking-space.
- May, June and September are the most pleasant months; rent a car at least 3 months in advance for bigger savings.
Car rental pickup and drop-off locations in Luxembourg
Our car hire suppliers in Luxembourg cover a variety of locations from airport to city and train stations; you can check out whether a location is available or not by inputting the name in the search form. Because of such a big network of locations, with us, you can opt for a one-way as well as cross-country car rental. Both these options are made available by the car hire brands for a fee.
The following are the car rental locations in Luxembourg that you can request as pick up or drop-off (this is not the complete list):
Best type of car to rent in Luxembourg
Whether visiting the country of Luxembourg for leisure or business, with VIP Cars and partners, you can find a car which matches your travel needs. Just conduct a search on our booking engine and check out our available car-type or just call us and our booking experts will help you find the deal that matches your travel and budget needs. The following are the car-types that you can expect to find on our booking engine for hire in Luxembourg:
One-way and Cross-border car hire in Luxembourg
With VIP Cars and suppliers, you can pick your car rental at one place in Luxembourg and drop it off at some other place. Such a car rental is termed as one-way and suppliers charge a fee for this service. Domestic one-way is permitted by almost every supplier, but in case of international one-way the suppliers consent needs to be obtained before booking the deal. The international one-way is counted as a form of cross-border and both one-way and cross-country fees are charged in this case.
Popular cross-country car rental deals booked with us from Luxembourg
Car rental Luxembourg to Metz
Car rental Luxembourg to Amsterdam
Car rental Luxembourg to Brussels
Frequently asked questions
How much to rent a car in Luxembourg?
The cost of your rental car depends on a lot of factors. First of all it depends on the type of car you are renting; economy, standard or a compact car are usually the cheapest to rent. Factors like age and the season in which you are renting might also add to your rented car’s price. For instance, if you are underage as per the supplier’s minimum age requirements, you might be allowed to rent but a 'young driver surcharge’ will be charged. Note: Book as much in advance as possible for lowest prices.
Driving in Luxembourg with US/UK license – Is it possible?
Yes, drivers renting cars in Luxembourg can drive their hired vehicles with their native driver’s licenses. Whether UK or US, it doesn’t matter which country issued your driver’s license, it needs to be full and valid; Xeroxed copies, digital copies or temporary licenses are not accepted by the companies. At the time of the car rental pick up you will need to show the original driver’s licence or the rental company might refuse you the vehicle.
Can you use a debit card to rent a car in Luxembourg?
Majority of car rental companies in Luxembourg only allow payment through credit cards as they need to block a safety amount at the time of pick up which is refunded when the rental agreement comes to close. Some suppliers allow payment through debit cards and even cash, but they are few and the option is available only at limited locations, so make sure that you have a credit card. You can use the credit card of a friend or a family member using an authorization form.
Do I need an IDP to rent a car in Luxembourg?
No, renters don’t need an international driver’s permit (IDP) to drive their rental cars in Luxembourg. It might be needed in case your driver’s license is not in English If the supplier has listed it as one of the mandatory documents, make sure you have it or the supplier might refuse you the vehicle; call us to know more.