Cheap Car Rentals in Puerto Rico
|Popular deal types:
|Weekly car rental
|Car rental Puerto Rico under 25:
Acquire freedom and flexibility by renting a car in Puerto Rico and visiting its wondrous rainforests and sunny beaches with the luxury that you deserve. Find the most heavily discounted car rental deals in Puerto Rico only through VIP Cars. Hiring a car in Puerto Rico is undoubtedly the best way to explore the country. Whether you are fantasizing about outstanding surfing waves, an ideal sunbathing beach, or an intriguing golf course, Puerto Rico offers travelers an enormous range of opportunities. A Puerto Rico car rental will allow you to explore anything and everything with the utmost comfort.
Puerto Rico is an unincorporated territory of the United States situated in the northeastern Caribbean. Puerto Rico encompasses an archipelago that includes the main island of Puerto Rico and several smaller islands. El Yunque is a must-see rainforest of Puerto Rico. It expands over a mountain, so if you walk uphill from the road you are in an incredible rainforest. A country with many adventurous and beautiful landscapes to offer, the island is best enjoyed with a car rental. Book your Puerto Rico car rental today for bigger savings!
Best Car Rental Companies in Puerto Rico
We have tie-ups with popular car rental suppliers that present top-notch vehicle rental services in Puerto Rico at economical prices. With us, travelers can enjoy the best rental benefits and inclusions like collision damage and theft waivers for a huge fleet of cars. They also offer GPS, child seats, and WiFi devices as optional Extras; you can rent them by paying a small daily fee. The desks for the mentioned suppliers are situated in different parts of the island.
We work with the following car rental suppliers in Puerto Rico:
- Green Motion
- Popular Auto
Popular Pick-up/Return Locations for Car Rental Puerto Rico
With VIP Cars, you can book your Puerto Rico rental car at the location of your choice. Whether you want to pick up the car at an airport, some city location, downtown, or a hotel, with us, you can choose the location of your preference. Just input the required information in the search form to scroll and compare prices through several suppliers. Our long list of suppliers covers almost all the popular locations on the island, allowing you to choose one-way rentals as well.
What is a one-way car rental in Puerto Rico?
This deal type can pick up and drop off the rental at two locations. All you have to do is select 'Yes’ for the 'Different drop-off location?’ section on our search form; by using this option your rental gets converted into one-way and you can fill in the location of your choice in Puerto Rico. One-way rentals in Puerto Rico are charged extra and the changes are included in the deal itself.
Note that, you will not be allowed to cross the border of the island the suppliers do not allow taking the rental car on a ferry. Following are the popular places you can request a pick-up and drop-off for your car rental in Puerto Rico:
The following are the places you can request a pick-up and drop-off for your car rental in Puerto Rico
Rio Grande Rio Mar
Condado Cruise Ship Area
San Juan Airport
Affordable Rental Deal Types
Weekly deals are popularly booked because most rentals are a result of tourism. So if you are looking for a weekly car rental in Puerto Rico VIP Cars is the way to go, as we are here to offer the best possible prices for the duration you wish to rent a car for. Now for instance, if you want to book a monthly deal for a long-term rental deal, you will have the option to book a car varying from a month’s duration to 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, or more. Below are the durations you can choose while reserving a car anywhere on the island.
Long-term Car Rental (Monthly or Multi-Month Deals)
One-way Car Rentals Puerto Rico
Short-term Car Rental (1 Day, Weekend, or Weekly)
Last-minute Car Rentals
Best Car Rental Categories in Puerto Rico
Depending on the type of trip you are planning, the number of people you are traveling with, and the duration of the trip, you can choose from a wide fleet of rental car types in Puerto Rico.
- Cheap car rentals
Compacts, sedans, economy cars, and intermediate cars are some of the fuel-efficient car types you can compare and book through VIP Cars’ booking engine.
- Van/minivan rentals
7, 8, 9, and 15-passenger van rentals in Puerto Rico are quite popular among renters traveling in a bigger group. You save a lot of hassle with these rentals.
- SUV rentals
SUV rentals in Puerto Rico are offered at the cheapest possible prices through us. Suppliers like Sixt and Popular Auto provide both standard & sports utility SUVs.
- Luxury car rental Puerto Rico
Mercedes, Chevrolet, BMW, and Ford are some high-end luxury/premium car rentals in Puerto Rico. These exotic cars are best to travel in ultimate comfort.
Places to see in Puerto Rico in a car rental
- Visit the historic city of San Juan This capital city of Puerto Rico is visited by millions of tourists every year. San Juan offers a variety of attractions including historic monuments, attractive beaches, swanky restaurants, and casinos. If you wish to gamble, San Juan will be a great place to stay while vacationing on the island. The famous El Youque rainforest is located just 45 minutes away from this capital city.
- Glide Through the Air Puerto Rico is the best place to try rappelling or zip lining. Tour agencies such as Toro Verde, Acampa Adventures, Batey, and Rocaliza are some of the best companies offering these adventurous activities in Puerto Rico.
- Try Kiteboarding Kiteboarding is a must do activity in Puerto Rico and is a myriad of activities such as waterskiing, paragliding, and windsurfing.
- Go Hang Gliding Learn the art of hang gliding from professional instructors and glide on aerials in Puerto Rico.
- Explore the Outdoors Another must-do activity in the country is exploring nature and enjoying the outdoors of the country.
Hire a car in Puerto Rico to discover this beautiful and exotic Caribbean Island.
Top 5 Beaches in Puerto Rico
Rent a car to drive down to Puerto Rico’s best beaches to soak up the sun, indulge in water activities, or just enjoy a picnic. The following are the most popular beaches in Puerto Rico.
- Playa Esperanza
- Playa de Ponce, Ponce
- Playa Higüero, Rincon
- Luquillo Beach, SanJuan
- Flamenco Beach , Culebra
FAQs- Car Rental Puerto Rico
It depends on the rental company you are renting with; most of the car rental companies in Puerto Rico only accept payments through credit card. There are partners of ours, who permit payments with debit cards or even cash, but such options are offered only at selected locations.
In case you don’t have a credit card, in majority of cases you would not be allowed to rent a car, but there is an alternative. You can use the credit card of a friend or a relative; however note that in such a case, the car rental booking will be made in the card holder’s name; you can get yourself added as the additional driver.
To rent a car in Puerto Rico, you need to be at least 21 years old. The renters below the age of 25 years would be required to pay a Young Driver Fee to the supplier for a certain car category like the luxury/premium. This information regarding the age criteria is generic, for precise information on the age eligibility to rent a car in Puerto Rico, check our supplier Rental Terms section mentioned along the deals.
To rent a car in Puerto Rico, fulfill the age requirements (given in the Rental Terms section of the deal) and produce the following documents at the time of the pick-up:
- Driver’s license: You must have a driver’s license to rent a car in Puerto Rico, and it needs to be full and valid. Temporary, Xerox copies or the digital copies of the original document are not accepted.
- International Driving Permit (IDP): You must present an IDP to successfully rent a car in Puerto Rico in cases such as your driver’s license is not in the Roman alphabet. Rental Terms provided by the supplier have information on whether or not an IDP is required. The absence of IDP in case it is mandatory might result in the supplier not allowing a car pick-up.
- Credit card: Make sure you have a credit card, without it the supplier will right away refuse you the rental car. Suppliers use the credit card to block a security amount which is refunded when the vehicle is returned.
- ID Proof: Proof of identity is crucial to rent a car in Puerto Rico, make sure you have proper ID proof to make a pick-up. A passport is considered the best and most sorted ID proof for renting a car, if you do not have one, you can present any other national proof.
Yes, you can rent a car in Puerto Rico with a US license as the island is a non-incorporated territory of the United States. Even the driving rules of the country are similar to the US, so the renter holding a full and valid license in the USA would know the rules in the country as well.
You can book a cheap rental car in Puerto Rico with VIPCars. Our association with leading car rental companies like Sixt, Ace, Popular Auto, and Alamo allows us to offer you the best rental car deals in Puerto Rico at discounted prices. With us, you can choose from a large fleet of vehicles and even opt for extras like GPS, Additional Driver, etc.
Book your luxury/premium car rental through vipcars.com. Through the best-selected suppliers, you get the deals of your choice at the cheapest prices. Apply filters to your search to only compare luxury cars.
Yes, booking an SUV for a rental purpose is quite easy in Puerto Rico. The SUV category is among the most rented categories on the island. Book through VIP Cars and enjoy the best prices.
Through VIP Cars, San Juan Airport is the most popular location where you can find the counters for Popular Auto car rental company.