Cheap Car Rentals at Doha Hamad International Airport (DOH)
Rent a car at Doha Hamad Airport and travel at your own pace and schedule in the stunning city of Doha. A rental car in Qatar would provide you freedom and flexibility to plan your own itinerary.
VIP Cars offers a user-friendly booking engine where you can search and compare the best Doha Airport car rental deals from multiple suppliers in one single place. It not only makes booking a hassle-free experience but also saves you a lot of time and money in the process. Many of our partner suppliers even offer inclusions such as Unlimited Mileage, Collision Damage Waiver, Airport Fee, and Theft Waiver. So book a cheap car hire at Doha Hamad International Airport with VIP Cars and explore Doha – the capital city of Qatar – in absolute luxury, on your own schedule.
Popular Car Rental Companies in Qatar
Our association with leading car rental brands allows us to bring you the best rental deals in Qatar at the lowest rates. You can choose from multiple suppliers and book the deal that suits you best.
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Europcar Car Hire
- Hertz Car Rental
- Avis Car Rental
- National Car Rental
- Sixt Rent A Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
Car Rental Desks at Doha Airport (DOH)
All car rental desks at Doha Airport are located on the ground floor of the main Arrivals Hall of the airport.
Popular Car Rental Categories at Doha Airport, Qatar
- Compact Cars
- Luxury Car Rental
Doha Hamad International Airport (DOH) – Overview
Serving the capital city of Qatar - Doha, Hamad International Airport is the new airport of the region. It replaced the former primary airport – Doha International Airport – in 2014, the year when the former airport was officially closed down. The Qatar airways and all other major carriers relocated to Doha’s new International airport on 25th May 2014.
|Address:||Hamad International Airport, Doha, Qatar|
Go For Desert Safari Adventure in Qatar
Half Day Desert Safari from Doha
- This 4-hour safari will allow you to cruise about the deserts of Qatar in a luxurious 4x4.
- Offered by local suppliers, its packages usually cover beverages, bottled water, and pickup & drop off from any of the hotels in Doha.
- The tour also covers Doha Hamad Airport as the pick up location, so if you are willing to take this adventure right after landing at the airport, you definitely can with your rental car at Hamad Airport!
Sandboarding & Dune Bashing Safari Doha
- This Safari package doesn’t cover Hamad Airport as the pickup location but it provides pickup & drop off service at all the hotels in Doha.
- This Safari doesn’t have a fixed duration.
- It first takes you on the Dune Bashing adventure, and then to the dunes where you can experience Sand Boarding. There will be a small training session so that you can get used to the equipment.
Points of Interest in Doha
Museum of Islamic Art
It is Doha's most renowned museum which sits on an Island near Doha's traditional harbor. It is located 13.3 kilometers from Doha Hamad Airport via Ras Abu Abboud Expy.
It is a traditional market famous for its spices, traditional garments, and handicrafts. It is about 14 kilometers from DOH Airport via Ras Abu Abboud Expy.
Also known as Arab Museum of Modern Art, this Museum exhibits a variety of modern Arab art. It is 28.3 kilometers drive from Doha Airport via F Ring Rd.
This man-made marvel is an artificial island which is sprawled over an area of 4 million square meters. It is located 28.2 kilometers from Hamad Airport via Al Corniche St.
FAQ’s for car rental at Doha Airport
Most of the suppliers take a refundable deposit at the rental desk which will be refunded as soon as the car is returned at the drop-off location in the same condition as per your rental agreement. The amount varies from supplier to supplier and depends on the car you are renting.
Yes you can pay for someone else’ Doha-Hamad airport car rental, but in that case, the booking will be in your name, and you will have to add the other person – for whom you are booking – as the additional driver. But the additional driver will only be permitted to drive the car only if he/she meets the criteria.Additional Driver Criteria:
- The additional driver will have to appear at the rental location with the primary renter
- The additional driver will have to meet all the license and age requirements
- The additional driver will have to produce a credit card in his/her name
- If you are visiting Qatar on visa and the trip is not more than a week’s duration, you can use the driving license that has been issued by your home country. But if that is not the case you will need an International Driving Permit to drive a rental car in Qatar for up to six months.
- You don’t need an IDP if you have a driving license which has been issued by a country, which belongs to Gulf Cooperation Council i.e. Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and UAE.
- Your valid driving license or an International Driving Permit
- A credit card with a minimum of 3 months validity.
- Your passport and a photocopy of the entry stamp into Qatar.
You can modify or cancel your car rental for Doha Airport by calling our booking support, or the supplier. You can also do it yourself by visiting the 'Manage your booking’ page on VIP Cars.
Usually, the email confirmation and the voucher are sent immediately when a booking is made, however, sometimes if the requested car has a waiting status, it can take up to 72 hours.
If you still fail to receive the voucher and email confirmation for your Hamad Airport car rental even after 72 hours you can contact our booking support at our helpline numbers.
It totally depends on the supplier you choose to book your Hamad Airport car rental from; some charge while others don’t.
Many of our suppliers allow pickup and drop-off outside their office hours but for that you need to inform the suppliers at least a day before (and you might be subjected to an additional charge – which varies from supplier to supplier).