Rent a car for pickup at Cape Town Downtown
Try VIP Cars today and book an affordable rental car for Cape Town Downtown. We offer honest comparisons and unmatched rates on car hire deals at a variety of locations in Cape Town, including the Downtown area.
Powered by a new-age booking engine and filters that help you find your preferred vehicle with sheer ease, VIP Cars.com lets you compare & book economy, standard, van, SUV or luxury car rentals for Cape Town Downtown from top brands at one place. In addition to a wide range of standard rental inclusions with every Cape Town Downtown car hire deal booked from us, we offer free cancellation up to 48 hours before the pickup time and 24/7 booking support.
Book from top car rental companies in Cape Town
Whether you're arriving in Cape Town from Cape Town International Airport or some other South African city, hiring a car in Cape Town Downtown remains the best way to explore Western Cape Province. We have the following rental car suppliers based in Cape Town Downtown:
- First Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Tempest Car Hire
One-way car hire from Cape Town Downtown
Keeping in mind the varied travel requirements of holidaymakers and business travelers, we offer cheap one-way car rental deals from Cape Town Downtown to hundreds of cities as well as airports across South Africa. The following are the trips that you can enjoy in Western Cape Province with a one-way car rental at your disposal:
Cape Town Downtown to George
Cape Town Downtown to Stellenbosch
Cape Town Downtown to Knysna
Cape Town Downtown to Cape Town International Airport
Cape Town Downtown to Plettenberg Bay
Major terms & conditions for Cape Town Downtown car hire
You'll need your passport, driving license, credit card, and the rental car confirmation voucher to pick up a rental car at Cape Town Downtown. The below-mentioned are some of terms and conditions you can expect to find with car hire deals for Cape Town Downtown.
Minimum age to rent a car is 18 years, however, it may vary from supplier to supplier depending on the car-type you are renting. A Young Driver surcharge will also be payable if you are between 18 – 23 years.
Driving License Requirement
A valid driving license is essential and bring the International Driving License too if it is listed on the rental voucher among the essential documents.
Additional Driver Policy
Driving rules and all the other legal requirements are same for an additional driver as in the case of primary driver.
Cross-Border Travel Policy
One-way car rental to other countries is permitted with a requisite fee and prior permission from the supplier. Cross-border car hire requests must be made at least 48 hours before the intended date of travel.
Points of interest in Cape Town
An eclectic mix of different cultures, gastronomical finesse, and stunning landscapes, Cape Town is a beautiful place. Besides exploring its awe-inspiring natural wonders, you can plan a trip to its surrounding suburbs that are home to surreal villages, welcoming towns, and expansive estates. Top attractions in Cape Town include:
- Address: 71 Wale St, Schotsche Kloof, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
- Days open: Mon – Sat (10 am – 5 pm)
- Approx. Distance from Cape Town Downtown: 2 km via Wale St
- Car parking: On-street
Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
- Address: V & A Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
- Days open: Mon – Sun (9 am – 9 pm)
- Approx. Distance from Cape Town Downtown: 5 km via Helen Suzman Blvd/M6
- Car parking: Opposite Harbor
Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden
- Address: Rhodes Dr, Newlands, Cape Town, 7735, South Africa
- Approx. Distance from Cape Town Downtown: 11 km via M3
- Car parking: Main Entrance
Two Oceans Aquarium
- Address: Dock Rd, V & A Waterfront, Cape Town, 8002, South Africa
- Approx. Distance from Cape Town Downtown: 4 km via M6
- Days Open: Mon – Sun (9:30 am – 6 pm)
- Car parking: Alfred Mall
Table Mountain National Park
- Address: 5821 Tafelberg Rd, Table Mountain (Nature Reserve), Cape Town, South Africa
- Approx. Distance from Cape Town Downtown: 7 km via M62
- Days Open: Mon – Sun (8:30 am – 5 pm)
- Car parking: Kloof Corner Parking Area
Castle of Good Hope
- Address: Darling St & Buitenkant St, Foreshore, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
- Days Open: Sun (9:30 am – 4 pm)
- Car parking: On-street or Castle Car park