Get a cheap rental car for Zurich Airport now!
Get a cheap car hire deal for Zurich Airport in no time from VIP Cars. Try our online car hire service that comes with no booking fee and free cancellation, if you choose to cancel your Zurich Airport rental car deal 24 hours before the pickup time. What's more! You need to only pay a fraction of total car rental cost for Zurich Airport while making an online car hire reservation with us. Pay the rest of the amount after collecting your rental car at Zurich Airport.
We have plenty of options when it comes to hiring a car for Zurich Airport. Have a look at the available rental car categories that you can rent for ZRH Airport.
at Zurich Airport
With an advance ZRH Airport car hire reservation made from VIP Cars, you can expect to be in your rental car after few minutes of getting down at the airport. Our car hire suppliers that operate their service desks on Level 01 of the Zurich Airport Center are mentioned below.
One of the largest airports in Switzerland, Zurich Airport is located about 8 miles north of Zurich city center. Comprising of three passenger terminals namely, Terminal A, Terminal B, and Terminal E, the airport offers flights to 196 destinations worldwide. As Zurich Airport is a popular gateway to some of the best ski resorts of Switzerland, tourists prefer to hire a car at Zurich Airport.
Moreover, the airport's direct connectivity to A51 motorway immensely contributes to the popularity of car hire at Zurich Airport.
|Address:||8058 Zürich-Flughafen, Switzerland|
Rental car location at Zurich Airport & terminal facilities
Follow the signposts leading to the Parking Garage 3 (P3), also known as the Airport Center, where you'll see service desks of rental car companies. Locate your ZRH Airport car hire supplier, furnish the required documents, and get into your car. Passenger facilities at Zurich Airport include:
- Text message information service to give you an updated status of your flight.
- First aid and other emergency services.
- General tourist information desks and rest lounges.
- Currency exchange counters and ATMs.
Shopping at Zurich Airport
Why not splurge a bit, while you are at the airport waiting for your flight? Zurich Airport is home to a pleasing variety of merchandise stores. From exotic wines and fashionable apparels to luxury perfumes and famous Swiss watches, you will find everything under one roof at Zurich Airport.
A multi-brand outlet, Atelier lets you buy from a huge collection of wallets, handbags, and accessories.
The shopping outlet is renowned for its extensive collection of home accessories and a large variety of gifts.
A one-stop destination for buying souvenirs, Edelweiss Shop features a massive assortment of leisure wear.
A multi-brand retail outlet is a well-known place for business and leisurewear, and a wide range of accessories.
The globally acclaimed Italian fashion brand is famous for its extensive collection of leather accessories.
An exclusive retail store engaged in selling high-quality loungewear, nightwear, and daywear for men and women.
A renowned fashion and lifestyle brand, Hugo Boss offers high-quality apparels, casual sportswear, and accessories.
The shopping outlet is famous for its classic collection of leather bags, luggage, and other leather merchandise.
A multi-brand retail store, Bucherer AG offers an exclusive range of watches by IWC, Rolex, and Carl F. Bucherer.
A concept store of the Swatch Group, Hour Passion sells leading Swiss watch brands like Tag Heuer and Omega.
The store is famous for its collection of leather merchandise, jewelry, and watches, besides a variety of writing instruments.
The retail store is famous for its value for money collection of watches, jewelry, wedding rings, and fashion brands.
The store features an extensive collection of fragrances, cosmetic products, liquor, spirits, and tobacco products.
The store offers value for money deals on perfumes, tobacco products, cosmetic goods, and a variety of spirits.
A one-stop destination for buying exquisite souvenirs and gift products, besides a huge selection of perfumes and other goods.
This duty-free shopping outlet is known for its exquisite gift products, souvenirs, wines, perfumes, and tobacco items.
Restaurants at Zurich Airport
You'll find plenty of eating options at Zurich Airport, right from a cup of hot coffee to quick-snacks, and meals. We present you with the names of leading eating outlets operational at various places.
The food joint is renowned for its flavors of the Far East. Popular dishes include fish, soups, salads, and desserts.
The world-famous fast food outlet serves a variety of snacks in addition to its different types of hamburgers.
Besides serving twenty different types of coffees, Starbucks offers a variety of pastries, cakes, and sandwiches.
The restaurant is known for its mix of contemporary Swiss dishes, drinks, and a huge variety of grilled foods.
The cafe offers a rich menu of snacks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, hot coffees, shakes, juices, and cakes.
The globally acclaimed fast food chain offers Big Mac, fries, Cheeseburger Royal, coffees, and milkshakes.
Lounges at Zurich Airport
Irrespective of the class that you're traveling in, the below-mentioned lounges let you relax amid comfy settings by buying a lounge pass or paying at the door.
Benefits of hiring a car from Zurich Airport
- Aesthetically combining its captivating architecture and awe-inspiring countryside, Zurich is best seen in a rental car.
- Whether you plan a long road trip or wish to stay within the city limits, a rental car in Zurich is essentially required.
- Picking up a rental car from Zurich Airport will let you reach your destination with sheer ease and on time.
Top attractions in Zurich
One of the wealthiest European cities, Zurich attracts business travelers as well as leisure tourists in large numbers. Besides being famous for pleasant surroundings, elaborated shopping areas, and renowned restaurants, Zurich is known for its active nightlife and some of the greatest partying destinations. We give you a list of most visited tourist attractions in Zurich:
Lake ZurichZurich, Switzerland
- Extending toward the southeast of the city, the Lake Zurich is a popular destination for several water sporting events.
- With several towns as well as cities settled on its banks, you can also try the passenger ferries plying within Lake Zurich to enjoy its natural beauty.
Swiss National MuseumMuseumstrasse 2, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
- Situated just adjacent to country's major train station, the museum is notable for its ever expanding collection of relics in the archeology segment.
- An important museum specializing in exhibiting the cultural history of Europe, the Swiss National Museum is a delight for tourists interested in Swiss history and handicrafts.
Kunsthaus ZurichHeimplatz 1, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
- A major art museum known for its classic collections from the 15th century, Kunsthaus Zurich is arguably the best place to see the Swiss art heritage.
- Home to several notable masterpieces, the museum boasts of its impressive collection relics that date back to the Middle Ages and gradually arch up to the 18th and 19th centuries.
GrossmunsterGrossmünsterplatz, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
- Best known for its iconic twin towers and the Reformation Museum, Grossmunster is a Roman cathedral that came into existence in the 9th century.
- The church is also famous for it glass work and awe-inspiring views of the city from its imposing towers.
- A well-known mountain in the Swiss Plateau, Uetliberg is famed for its ideal position to capture panoramic views of the Zurich City.
- Forming the part of Albis chain, Uetliberg is an ideal place to relax and enjoy mountain biking as there are dedicated tracks for bike enthusiasts.
BahnhofstrasseNorth-south-west of Limmat River, Zurich, Switzerland
- A dazzling downtown street home to several upmarket shopping arcades, Bahnhofstrasse has been consistently ranked among the world's most expensive downtown areas.
- Simply drive in your ZRH Airport car hire and start head-on with your shopping spree. There are also some of the finest Swiss restaurants at Bahnhofstrasse.
Day trips from Zurich
Zurich's grandeur is so enchanting that you could probably spend weeks, while leisurely exploring the city. But let's not overlook the other nearby attractions that can be easily covered in your Zurich Airport car hire. Not only the final destinations are amazingly charming, the beautiful journey to all such places is promising. Simply plan a day trip in your Zurich Airport car rental to explore the Swiss countryside. Check out the list of most popular day trips emanating from Zurich:
Zurich – Mount Titlis
Distance: 78 miles
Fastest Route: A4
Famous for: Engelberg Town, Glacier Trail, Illuminated Ice Cave
Zurich – Liechtenstein
Distance: 75 miles
Fastest Route: A3
Famous for: Balzers Village, Gutenberg Castle, Vaduz City
Zurich – Mount Pilatus
Distance: 34 miles
Fastest Route: A4 & A14
Famous for: Cable Cars, Mountain Peaks
Zurich – Lucerne
Distance: 32 miles
Fastest Route: A4 & A14
Famous for: Old Town, Performing Arts Center
Zurich – Mount Rigi
Distance: 32 miles
Fastest Route: A4
Famous for: Swiss Plateau Mountain Range
Zurich – Rhine Falls
Distance: 29 miles
Fastest Route: A1/A4 & A4
Famous for: Laufen Castle, Boat Rides
Zurich Airport car hire tips
- Note that you'll find rental car pickup counters at Zurich Airport either located within the terminals or at the ZRH Airport car hire center situated in the terminal complex.
- While some car hire deals for Zurich Airport come inclusive of winterisation fee, which covers winter tires and other required essentials for the winter season, the winterisation fee might be applicable in other cases over and above the car hire package, especially if you plan to hire a car for Zurich Airport during the peak winter season.