Cheap Car Rental at Phuket Airport (HKT)
Book a low-cost car hire at Phuket Airport (HKT) and explore the city like a local. Knowing the comfort of a self-drive car, travelers always prefer to rent a car in Phuket. Phuket being a big island, has a lot in store for travelers besides beaches and city attractions, which makes renting a car a wise decision. VIP Cars has made car rental in Phuket easier for its customers with filters where you can customize your search according to your rental needs. Narrow down your options by opting for filters such as price range, car specifications, fuel options, and more. We recommend you book your vehicle in advance, that way you will be able to pick up your Phuket Airport car rental in an unhurried manner.
A self-drive car rental from Phuket Intl Airport will take care of all your mobility needs so that you can explore the numerous sites around the city with ease. Local travelers of the country as well as foreign travelers rent cars to experience the ultimate freedom.
Searches Related to Renting a Car at Phuket Intl Airport
- Long-Term Car Rentals: Renting a car for a longer duration is the best way to ensure that you save big with no compromise on the car type you are looking to rent. Monthly rentals are the perfect choice for exploring Phuket and its popular nearby locations such as Krabi and Bangkok.
- Short-Term Car Rentals: In Phuket, many travelers who are visiting for a few days choose to rent a car for a shorter duration. Our trusted suppliers provide rentals for the short term as well which include daily, weekend, and weekly rentals. Keep in mind that the minimum car hire duration is 24 hours/one day.
Best Car Rental Companies at Phuket International Airport
At VIP Cars, we negotiate prices from top-rated Thai and Global companies at Phuket Airport so as to bring you the cheapest deals for a wide fleet of reliable vehicles. You can find the car rental desks for the below-mentioned suppliers inside the Phuket Airport terminal itself:
- Keddy by Europcar
- Thai Rent-a-Car
- Chic Car Rent
Car Hire Desks at Phuket Airport (HKT)
Upon arrival at Phuket International Airport, you will find the car rental desks in the Arrivals Hall representing both international brands (like Hertz, Avis, Europcar, and Budget) and local companies (like Thai Rent a Car & Chic Car Rent). While some suppliers have their desks on the 1st floor of the International Terminal (Terminal 1) others have their counters located in the Domestic Terminal (Terminal 2 ). You can board the complimentary shuttle bus for transfers between the terminals.
To collect the rental agreement and the car keys proceed to the rental counter of your chosen supplier and complete the pick-up process.
Popular Car Hire Categories Available at Phuket Intl Airport
Luxury Car Rental Phuket
Mostly preferred by business people, the combined fleet of our car hire partners have all from a BMW, Rolls Royce to Audi and Mercedes.
Jeep Rental Phuket
If you want to hop from one beach to the other, in addition to convertibles, many renters go for jeeps for a memorable ride.
Van Rental Phuket
Family vacation or business, whatever your travel agenda you can compare a big list of vans and minivans from 7, 8, 9, 12 to 15 passenger vans and minivans, all at one place.
Cheap Car Rentals Phuket
Economy, compact, mini and sedan cars are the cheapest to rent vehicles and are easily available. They are great for city travel.
Car Rental Return Locations Near Phuket Airport
If you want to return the rental car at a location other than Phuket Airport, here are a few places in Phuket that you may consider. You can also pick a location outside Phuket, for that just select a location from the drop-down list in the booking form, or call us and our booking experts will be happy to help you in finding a Phuket car rental near you. :
- Phuket Holiday Inn Resort
- Phuket Patong
- Phuket Downtown
- Phuket Ban Ruean Udomlak
- Intercontinental Phuket Resort
One-Way Car Rental from Phuket Airport
With us, you can book a one-way car rental and drop off your Phuket Airport car rental at a different location against a small fee. Select your preferred drop-off location and enjoy the flexibility of returning your car hire to another airport or downtown location with this deal type. Here are some of the popular one-way trip ideas for your itinerary:
Phuket Airport to Krabi
Distance: 162.6 km Route: via Route 4 Time: 2 hr 43 min
Phuket Airport to Bangkok
Distance: 846.2 km Route: via AH2 Time: 12 hr 20 min
Minimum Age to Rent a Car in Phuket
Generally, car rental companies in Thailand allow only 21+ years old drivers to rent cars; however, some suppliers may allow under 21 drivers but in that case, an underage fee is charged. Also, many suppliers rent vans, minivans, and luxury cars only to 25years old and above drivers.
Therefore the minimum age to rent a car in Phuket may vary from supplier to supplier, and the type of car you are planning to rent at Phuket Airport.
Located 32 kilometers from the center of Phuket City, Phuket International Airport is a tourist paradise situated in the southern part of Thailand. Phuket car rentals will help you to explore all nooks and crannies exactly the way to want to. HKT serves as an operating base for over 10 airlines and is comprised of two terminals and a single runway. It plays a vital role in promoting travel and tourism in the southern region as well as throughout the kingdom.
|Phuket International Airport, Mai Khao, Thalang District, Phuket 83110, Thailand
Amenities Available at HKT
- Duty-Free Shopping
- ATMs & Currency Exchange
- Free WiFi Access
- Luggage Storage
- Short/Long Tem Parking
- Food Court
- Qantas Lounge
Tips for Driving a Car Rental in Phuket
- You must always have your driver's license while behind the wheel.
- If there are passengers accompanying you, make sure all the passengers are wearing seatbelts.
- Do not exceed the speed limit. It is 60 km/hr on the city roads and 90 km/hr on the highways.
- Phuket Island is full of curves and hills, especially the area near Patong Beach, so always keep vigil and drive carefully.
- Keep an eye on the motorcycles! They are notorious for their inability to follow traffic laws. Be careful!
- In Phuket Town, there are many areas – major beaches and business areas – which have one-way roads, so plan your route accordingly.
- It is easy to find a parking space for your rental car in Phuket, except on some busy roads in Phuket Town and Patong Beach, where you should never park on the roadside unless there is a sign that states that 'you can’.
- For most suppliers, the minimum age to rent a car in Phuket is 21 years. If the renter is any less than 25, they would require to pay a Young Driver’s Charge.
FAQs - Car Rental Phuket Airport
Book a car rental at Phuket Airport with VIPCars to avail the cheapest prices on deals offered by several suppliers situated at the airport. Advance bookings are cheaper than on-the-point bookings so make sure you reserve your rental well in advance.
Yes, you can book a luxury car rental at Phuket Airport. VIPCars.com offers the cheapest-priced rental cars in Thailand, so booking with us will help you save more.
Economy car rental is the most popular car rental type booked at Phuket Airport. With VIPCars you can book an economy car rental while searching and comparing your preferred suppliers.
Documents required to rent a car at Phuket Airport: Driver’s License, International Driving Permit (IDP) if your DL is not in Roman Alphabet and proof of identity (preferably passport). You will also need a credit card in the name of the main driver to pay the security deposit at the time of the rental pick-up.
For car rental return at Phuket Airport, as you approach the airport, look for 'car rental’ signage. Park the car in the designated car parking area and you will need to return the car keys and completed contract to the supplier’s associate.
If you had rented the car the Phuket Airport, the return location would the same as the pick-up location.
For after-hour returns, you will have to drop the keys and contract in the 'Drop-Box.