José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Ecuador and the main airport serving the city of Guayaquil. It is located nearly 5 kilometers from the main city center of Guayaquil. Book a cheap car rental at Guayaquil Airport with VIPCars and travel freely within Guayaquil and its neighboring areas. Whatever your plans might be VIPCars has the perfect car to make your trip go conveniently. The most popular car rental type at Guayaquil Airport, Ecuador is SUV. All major car rental desks are located in the Arrivals Hall of the airport.
Tips for a Car Rental at Guayaquil Airport (GYE)
- Seatbelts should be worn by all the occupants at all times while the car is in motion.
- It's best to opt for a GPS while renting a car at Guayaquil Airport as the roads can get confusing.
- Book your car rental at Guayaquil Airport sometime before your trip to avail the cheapest prices.
- Avoid driving at night as the roads and street lighting may be in poor condition.
- Keep in mind that in Ecuador you have to drive on the right-hand side of the road.
- The speed limits in Ecuador are as follows-
- Within urban areas- 50 km/hr
- Outside urban areas- 60 to 100km/hr.
- Use turn signals while changing lanes or making a turn.
- The minimum age to rent a car at Guayaquil Airport is 21 but some car rental suppliers might ask for an extra charge if the renter is below the age of 25.