Book a Cheap Car Rental for Munich on VIP Cars
|Minimum age to rent a car in Munich:
|Minimum car rental period:
|1 day (24 hours)
Rent a cheap car in Munich with VIP Cars and explore this German city with total comfort. The capital city of Bavaria, Munich, is one of the biggest cities in Europe & is a big crowd-puller thanks to its rich culture and history. It is also a well-known business center, which also brings a big chunk of business people into the city, and since a majority of these people rent cars for easy mobility, Munich is considered one of Germany’s popular car rental locations.
This is the reason that – whether it is a leisure or business traveler – our partner car rental suppliers in Munich offer a great many options for travelers when it comes to rental pickup locations. Travelers arriving through Munich airport can pick up the car at the airport terminal, while those reaching the city by train can pick up the rental vehicle from locations like Munich Central Train Station & Munich Pasing Train Station.
Though Munich offers a lot throughout the year, including the highlight “Oktoberfest”, the best time to visit Munich is from March to May, the time just before the peak season of June-August and the time when the temperatures get warmer as compared to the previous months. So we advise you to rent a car in advance as it would allow you access to a greater variety and cheaper prices.
Popular Car Rental Companies in Munich
Munich is a major car rental location in Germany and hence is home to various branches of the world’s best rental car suppliers. The car hire brands we are associated with have their offices at various major locations in Munich, like Munich Airport, Munich Downtown, Munich Train Station, etc.
- Keddy by Europcar
Best Car Rental Categories in Munich
Being a popular tourist attraction, Munich is visited by millions of travelers annually. Keeping this in mind, our suppliers offer a diverse range of car categories to meet the needs of a variety of travelers who are looking to rent cars in Munich. On our platform, you can find everything from budget-friendly options for solo/budget travelers and 7, 9, 12 seater passenger vans to luxury cars for an exotic experience.
Besides the wide fleet of cars, our suppliers also offer a variety of deal types on their rental cars, such as short-term (daily, weekend, 1 week, 2 weeks), long-term/monthly (1 month, 3 months, 6 months), last-minute, cross-border deals, etc.
Top Car Rental Pick-up and Drop-off Locations in Munich
By default, our booking engine selects the same pick-up and drop-off location, but considering that most of our suppliers offer one-way deals, you can choose to return the car rental somewhere else in Munich or Germany within the options available with us. The following are the most popular car rental locations in Munich that are available with our suppliers:
- Munich Airport
- Munich City Centre
- Munich Elisenhof
- Munich Giesing
- Munich Laim
- Munich Steinhausen
- Munich Train Station
- Munich Obersendling
- Munich Ottobrunn
Munich Car Rental Checklist - Pick-up & Return Help
Car Rental Pick-up
For a successful pick-up at the rental desk, make sure to keep the following things handy:
- IDP: Renters with a driver’s license in the Latin alphabet are advised to carry an International Driving Permit.
- Driver's License: Temporary & photocopies of the DL are not accepted. Bring a full & valid DL.
- ID Proof: A valid ID card, preferably a passport, is a must for international travelers.
- Credit Card: A credit card must be in the name of the main driver.
Car Rental Drop-off
While returning the car at the designated rental address, make sure that you have dealt successfully with the following requisites:
- Refill the tank as per the fuel policy.
- Make sure that the representative fills the report form correctly.
- Check the car once for your personal belongings before finally returning it.
- Ensure that the car is clean from both inside and outside, or else the supplier might additionally charge you for returning a dirty car.
Best Tips for Renting a Car in Munich
- Based on your purpose and the number of days you need to rent a car, you can choose among a variety of affordable deal types, such as short-term (daily, weekend, weekly), long-term (monthly), last-minute, cross-border, one-way, etc.
- The car rental types are not limited to just different models, you can also choose among petrol, diesel, electric, and hybrid cars based on your preference and travel needs.
- Suppliers offer additional services and Extras on their rental deals ranging from child/infant/toddler seats and GPS to additional drivers and Wi-Fi devices. These optional Extras are available at low prices and can be added to the deal while making a car rental reservation.
- Comply with all the car rental requirements set by your supplier and carry all the documents and other items mentioned in your Rental Confirmation Voucher, including driver’s license, identification proof, credit card, IDP, etc.
- Most car rental companies only accept a credit card to collect the security deposit from the renter. Note that the credit card must belong to the main driver only.
Domestic & International One-way Car Rental Deals in Munich
Though Munich is a one-of-a-kind destination in Germany, many travelers love to take road trips. While, some travel within Germany only, others try to make the most of their trip by going for cross-border travel options.
Most of our partner companies offer domestic as well as international one-way car rental deals in Munich. Note that one-way and cross-border travel are allowed at an additional charge; if you are going for both of these i.e. international and one-way, you will be charged for both.
These are some of the most popular one-way trips that you can take in your car rental from Munich:
Munich to Austria
Distance: 330 km Route: A8, A1 and A9
Munich to Zurich
Distance: 310 km Route: A96 and A1
Munich to Switzerland
Distance: 395 km Route: A96
Munich to Frankfurt
Distance: 392 km Route: A9 and A3
Munich to Berlin
Distance: 587 km Route: A9
Munich to Italy
Distance: 922 km Route: E45 and A1
Munich to Amsterdam
Distance: 824 km Route: A3
Munich to Prague
Distance: 381 km Route: A93 and D5/E50