Book a rental car in Baku, Azerbaijan
|Long term car rental- Available|
At VIP Cars, you can easily book a comfortable car rental for your stay in Baku as we let you compare deals offered by multiple car rental suppliers such as Europcar. You can select any pickup location in Baku such as the airport serving Baku, Heydar Aliyev International Airport or even return the rental car at a different location, our suppliers deliver cars at hotels too. Our wide range of cars includes types like plush luxury cars, large vans for the whole family and stylish SUVs from manufacturers like Nissan, BMW and Hyundai. Our best-selling rental cars are Nissan Sunny, Range Rover and Volkswagen Passat.
Baku is the capital city of Azerbaijan and the largest city on the Caucasus region with an overall population of 2 million since 2009, twenty-five percent of that lives in the metropolitan area. Rich in culture and history, Baku has a lot to offer to a tourist.
Car rental companies in Baku
Compare deals from multiple car rental companies at VIP Cars as each supplier offers a different set of inclusions and add-ons.
- Marshall's Rent-A-Car
- EL RENT
- Karavan Rent A Car
Tips for renting a car in Baku, Azerbaijan
- On the highways, drive defensively as there is a chance that cattle might come in your way.
- In very old areas or around villages, the roads are too narrow for driving.
- We recommend navigating through GPS, you can get it added to your car rental while booking.
- Stick to the speed limits and other road laws to avoid being getting caught by cameras.
- Compared to the rest of Azerbaijan, parking is not that easy in Baku but there are hotels with free car parking facility.
- Although, stick shift will be cheaper, we recommend you to rent an automatic car if you are not used to driving standard transmission.
- Renting a car is a better idea as sites near Baku such as Mardakan Fortress (30 minutes) cannot be accessed via public transportation.
- In Azerbaijan, you have to drive on the right-hand side of the road. Make sure to carry important documents while driving, such as passport and driving license.
Mud volcano in Baku
You can drive from Baku to Gobustan National Park and Mud Volcanoes within 1 hour 23 minutes via E119/E60. Make sure that you navigate carefully as one wrong turn can add many extra minutes to your journey. This trip can be avoided if the weather is rainy.
Azerbaijan has the most number of mud volcanoes compared to all other countries, these are evenly distributed all over the country. Out of the 800 mud volcanoes that exist in the world, 350 are in Azerbaijan. The locals call mud volcanoes by names like yanardagh, pilpila and bozdag, the local word for gray mountain.
Popular locations for picking up the car rental in Baku, Azerbaijan
- Heydar Aliyev International Airport or Baku Airport (GYD)
- Boulevard Hotel Baku Autograph Collection
- Hilton Baku
- Qafqaz Baku City Hotel & Residences
Other day tours from Baku, Azerbaijan
Baku to Sheki
Distance: 298.1 km Time: 4 hours 21 minutes Route: Bakı-Şamaxı-Yevlax and Qaraməryəm-İsmayıllı-Şəki yolu
Baku to Khinalug
Distance: 219.0 km Time: 3 hours 34 minutes Route: M1
Baku to Lahic
Distance: 182.6 km Time: 2 hours 58 minutes Route: Bakı-Şamaxı-Yevlax
Baku to Gabala
Distance: 216.8 km Time: 3 hours 14 minutes Route: Bakı-Şamaxı-Yevlax
Baku to Quba
Distance: 168 km Time: 2 hours 16 minutes Route: M1
Baku to Ganja
Distance: 360.2 km Time: 4 hours 14 minutes Route: Bakı-Ələt-Qazax-Gürcüstan and M2
The city of Baku
If you’re into urban nightlife, Baku has the liveliest nightlife venues. Shirvanshah’s Palace and Maiden Tower which were declared as UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 2000, serve as the pride of the city. Shirvanshah’s Palace is located at the Inner City of Baku and contains burial vaults, mosque and mausoleum of Seyid Yahya Bakuvi. The Maiden Tower built in the 12th century is now a museum that represents the history of Baku.
An extremely beautiful mosque which is the largest in the South Caucasus region, named for the founder of Azerbaijan, Heydar Aliyev.
Distance from city center - 6.4 kmAddress- Hamza Babashov, Baku, Azerbaijan
A century-old esplanade which is also known as Dənizkənarı Milli Park or National Park, runs along the Caspian seaside of Baku.
Distance from city center - 6.4 kmAddress- 92 Neftchilar Ave, Baku, Azerbaijan
Baku Museum of Miniature Books
The only one of its kind in the whole world, this museum with 5600 miniature books, is situated in the older areas of Baku or Inner City.
Distance from city center - 8.5 kmAddress- 67, Baku 1000, Azerbaijan