Book a cheap car rental at Montreal Airport
Book a car rental for Montreal Airport through VIPCars as we provide economical deals and let you compare the most suitable rental cars. The process of booking takes hardly a few minutes while our rentals are supplied by world-famous brands such as Europcar, National Car Rental, Thrifty and Alamo Rent a Car. With VIPCars, you have to make the payment when you get the car rental, only a small booking amount has to be paid in advance. Add extras to your booking such as a navigation system (GPS) or a child booster seat at a small charge.
VIPCars lets you view the deals in your own language and local currency while you can use filters such as price range and car category to narrow down your search results for Montreal Airport.
About Montreal (YUL) Airport
Formerly known as Montréal–Dorval International Airport, Montreal airport is located on the Island of Montreal, 20 km away from downtown. The airport terminals are in the suburb of Dorval, and Air Canada headquarters complex. A runway is located in the Montreal borough of Saint-Laurent. The airport serves Greater Montreal and the adjacent regions of Quebec, eastern Ontario, Vermont, and the northern New York. The airport is named after Pierre Elliott Trudeau, the 15th PM of the Canada.
By car, the airport is accessible from Highway 20 & Highway 520, which lead to the Dorval interchange. Bus transportation is also available. It takes around 45 minutes to reach downtown via the express bus. So, we recommend you to enjoy your car rental ride to reach your destination. Highway 20 will take you to the downtown in just 15-20 minutes. But avoid the rush hour at any costs. And make sure that there is no road construction in your way as it will elongate your drive.
|Address:||Montreal airport, Quebec, Canada|
Facilities available at Montreal Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL)
You can park your car rental for free at CellPark waiting lot at the airport for 2 hours. There’s a free WiFi available for 60 minutes at the terminal. You can shop duty-free at Gate 6 (International- restricted) of the terminal.
The airport terminal has bars like Ubar & Icebar, cafes like Starbucks Reserve & boutique shops like Lole, etc. VIP lounges like National Bank Lounge (International Gate 53), currency exchange services, Air France KLM lounge, etc, are just a few of the myriad of services available at YUL airport.
Download the official app of the airport, Yuli, to get the map of the airport as well as an airport guide. The airport has a complimentary service which lets you download one chapter of the books available at lirevoustransporte.com so that you can pass the waiting time easily during layovers.
Luggage trolleys are available free of charge.
Terminal guide for Montreal Trudeau YUL Airport
The Montreal airport terminal is divided into 4 zones:
- Public area (departures and arrivals level): 2 distinct areas are there in the public part (departure level): for check-ins in Canada or outside (excluding U.S.) and the second for U.S. departures.
- The Domestic Jetty can be approached through security checkpoint A and is further broken into 2 parts: an underground tunnel connects a satellite jetty to the main terminal & one wing which connects to the main terminal.
- The International Jetty holds 18 gates and is also accessible from the security checkpoint A. It is for destinations abroad (excluding U.S.).
- And then there’s trans-border jetty dedicated to the U.S. bound flights, holding 18 gates: 72 through 89.
About the city of Montreal
Centered around the Montreal Island, Montreal city is the most populated municipality in Quebec and the 2nd most populous city in Canada. Montreal experiences warm and hot summers. Winters are cold and snowy. Located in the southwest region of Quebec, Montreal got its name from Mount Royal. The city was also known as Ville-Marie or "City of Mary". “La ville aux cent clochers” (the city of a hundred steeples) is the name given to the city because of its many churches.
The city of Montreal used to be the industrial and financial centre of Canada. So, the factories and warehouses can give you a deep look into the history of the place. The city is rich in the industrial sector. Montreal is also a centre for film and television production.
Points of interest in Montreal
Montreal Biodome4777 Pierre-de Coubertin Ave, Montreal, QC H1V 1B3, Canada.
Montreal Botanical Garden4101 Rue Sherbrooke E, Montréal, QC H1X 2B2, Canada.
Pointe-à-Callière Museum350 Place Royale, Montreal, QC H2Y 3Y5, Canada.
Car rental tips for Montreal Airport
- All road signs in Montreal are in French. Don’t turn right on a red light in Montreal. There are many one-way streets too. Lanes in some parts are very narrow for cars. Don’t overtake school buses with red flashing lights. Bribing is a serious offence, so if you violate a law, don’t try to bribe.
- In Canada, both driver and passengers are required to wear a seat-belt if the car is moving. Do not drink & drive. Driving license is accepted if it’s in English or French. Otherwise, you have to have an international driving license. Carry a valid certificate of insurance or a green card.
- The distance is mentioned in Km. Legal age for driving in Canada is 16 but car rental companies require you to be at least 21 or 24 at times, or having an experience of at least one year. At least, a third party insurance is compulsory.
- Do not use safety-camera warning devices. It is illegal.
- Children under 40 pounds have use a children’s seat in the car. Babies and toddlers must sit on the backseat in a fixed rear-facing child seat. Rent a car using VIPCars. We provide our customers the options like child seat, etc. VIPCars also lets you add on extras like GPS to your car rental. Tour the compact city in your car rental from VIPCars.