Get a cheap car hire deal for Windhoek Downtown today!
Book a cheap Windhoek Downtown car rental deal right from the convenience of your home. VIP Cars simplifies the whole process by letting you compare the best rental car deals for Windhoek Downtown for free. Whether it is an economy, standard, van, or a 4X4 Windhoek car rental, you can reserve one well in advance by paying a small booking amount online. We also offer huge discounts on extras, including baby seat, GPS navigation system, child seat, and additional driver, for Windhoek Downtown car hire. Also, every Windhoek Downtown rental car deal booked from VIP Cars comes with a free cancellation feature, giving you the freedom to cancel your booking 24 hours before the pickup time. Moreover, our 24/7 customer support team is always ready to assist you, should a need arises.
Our rental car suppliers in Windhoek Downtown
Discover Namibia's surreal desert landscape in utmost comfort with VIP Cars. Depending upon your preferred rental car supplier, you can pick up your Windhoek Downtown car hire from any of the below-mentioned four locations.
- Bidvest Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Documents required to pick up rental car at Windhoek Downtown
Please ensure that you carry the following documents for a hassle-free rental car pickup at Windhoek Downtown.
- Driving license
- Identity proof/passport
- Credit card in your name
- Car rental confirmation voucher
One-way car rental from Windhoek Downtown
Book a cheap one-way car hire deal from Windhoek Downtown in few minutes. Following are the most popular one-way car rental destinations near Windhoek.
Windhoek Downtown – SwakopmundApprox. Distance: 353 km/219 miles Fastest Route: B2 Estimated Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
Windhoek Downtown – Windhoek-Hosea Kutako AirportApprox. Distance: 46 km/29 miles Fastest Route: B6 Estimated Time: 40 minutes
Windhoek Downtown – Walvis Bay/Walvis Bay AirportApprox. Distance: 394 km/243 miles Fastest Route: B2 Estimated Time: 4 hours
A small city center featuring several retail outlets and eating joints, Windhoek Downtown is a perfect place to unwind your day. The downtown is also home to a small traditional Namibian market, where you'll come across women from the local Himba tribe selling handicrafts, beads, and other handmade stuff. The following places in Downtown Windhoek are popular among tourists:
Robert Mugabe AvenueFamous for: Maerua Mall
Fidel Castro StreetFamous for: Zoo Park
Pick'n Pay SupermarketAddress: Wernhil Park
Kalahari Sands CasinoAddress: 129 Independence Avenue Gustav Voigts Centre
Popular road trips from Windhoek
Plan an exciting road trip from Namibia's capital as your Windhoek Downtown car hire deal comes with an 'unlimited mileage' feature. Check out the following three famous road trip destinations that you can cover from Windhoek.
Windhoek Downtown – SossusvleiApprox. Distance: 393 km/244 miles Fastest Route: B1 Estimated Time: 5 hours Famous for: Namib-Naukluft National Park
Windhoek Downtown – Fish River CanyonApprox. Distance: 673 km/418 miles Fastest Route: B1 Estimated Time: 7 hours Famous for: Ai-Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
Windhoek Downtown – SesriemApprox. Distance: 333 km/207 miles Fastest Route: B1 Estimated Time: 4 hours 30 minutes Famous for: Namib-Naukluft National Park, Hot air balloons
Major terms & conditions for cross-border travel in Windhoek Downtown car hire
As VIP Cars works with several rental car companies in Namibia, terms for cross-border travel vary. A 4WD car hire from Windhoek Downtown is a point in case in the below-mentioned terms and conditions.
- Rental cars can enter into the neighboring countries of Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe from certain entry points only.
- In addition to acquiring a cross-border permit, you'll be required to pay a cross-border authorization letter fee that depends on the destination.
- Cross-border travel into any of the neighboring countries attracts a considerable increase in excess and variation in insurance coverage as well.
- Rental cars can enter Zimbabwe only from Kasane Town in Botswana's North-West District, and may not be permitted to go beyond the Victoria Falls.
- Rental cars are permitted to enter Zambia only via Kasane Town in Botswana's North-West District, and may not be allowed to go beyond Livingstone.
- Please note that every rental vehicle entering into the Namibian territory must have 'NAM' sticker pasted on its back.