Get huge discounts on a car hire deal for Queenstown Airport today!
Make your trip to Queenstown extra comfortable with a car rental at Queenstown Airport and avail discounted prices with us! VIP Cars is dedicated to bringing you the best Queenstown car rental deals and services in order to help you attain the utmost satisfaction. Booking a car rental for Queenstown Airport in advance also gives you the benefit of skipping long queues for car hire at ZQN Airport.
With a low-cost rental car of your choice at your disposal all the time, you can plan an excursion trip to any of your dream destinations across New Zealand's South Island. Explore Queenstown on your own time and in comfort by pre-booking a hire car in Queenstown.
Our car hire companies at Queenstown Airport
While Europcar, Jucy Car Rental, and Thrifty have their car rental supplier desks at the Queenstown Airport terminal itself. Ace Rental Cars, AeroDrive, Alamo, Apollo Car Hire, Enterprise, Go Rentals, and Omega Car Rentals are based outside the ZQN Airport avenue.
- Ace Rental Cars
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Enterprise rent-a-car
- Europcar Car Hire
- Jucy Rentals
- Hertz Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Extra add on facilities for rental car Queenstown Airport
- Additional drivers
- Snow chains
- Ski rack
- Child seats
- Booster seats
- Navigation system
When you are renting a car for Queenstown Airport, choose to make your journey extra comfortable by hiring the above-mentioned add-ons. The availability and prices of these add-ons depend on the supplier company you’re booking the Queenstown Airport car rental with.
The inclusions and extras are listed for guidance purposes; every supplier might not be offering all the inclusions and the extras.
- VIP Cars' booking support is available 24/7 and can be contacted in case any assistance is required while booking your rental car for Queenstown Airport.
- Our customer care executives are trained to help and guide you through any kind of difficulties you may face while hiring a car. Our booking support can be contacted via live chat or our helpline.
Information on Queenstown Airport
Primarily serving Queenstown, a resort town in New Zealand's Otago Region, Queenstown Airport is situated about 8 km/5 miles away from Queenstown Central Business District. With its annual passenger handling capacity surpassing the 1 million mark, Queenstown Airport ranks among the busiest airports of Australasia.
A single terminal aviation hub that caters to both domestic and international flights, Queenstown Airport offers direct connectivity to several leading airports across New Zealand and Australia.
|Address:||Queenstown Airport, Sir Henry Wigley Dr, Frankton, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand|
Facilities at Queenstown Airport
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport with a limit of 2GB for 24 hours.
- ATMs and currency exchange services are available in the terminal.
- Selected food options in both landside and airside.
- Few retail stores selling touristy items, along with three duty-free outlets.
- A pharmacy and a first-aid room are available in the terminal.
- The airport has dedicated facilities for people with physical disabilities.
- A parents' room near the information desk with baby care facilities.
- Conference and meeting services in the lounges.
Car rental driving tips for Queenstown
- Make sure to rent snow chains when driving in winter.
- Speed limits Open roads - 100 km/h,
Urban roads - 50 km/h
- Vehicles are driven on the left side of the road.
- Call 111 in case of an emergency.
- Underage children must be seated in approved child seats.
- Yellow lines in the middle of the roads mean you are not supposed to overtake.
Top places to visit in Queenstown
A quaint town full of energy, Queenstown is an absolute paradise for those who are looking forward to a memorable holiday. As the town adorably carries two distinct attributes – adventure and cosmopolitanism – you'll be delighted by the sheer multitude of worth seeing attractions that you can explore in your Queenstown car hire. From adrenaline inducing adventure sporting events to classic restaurants and bars, Queenstown has many ways to receive your undivided attention. Check out the names of Queenstown's top attractions:
Milford SoundTe Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679, New Zealand
- A fjord located just 287 km northwest of Queenstown, Milford Sound looks like a location that straightaway comes out of your dream. Arguably, the country's most visited destination, which escaped the world's attention until the 20th century, is a treasure trove of natural beauty. Besides hosting innumerable water sporting events, the place is known to have sheltered several animals like seals, penguins, bottlenose dolphins, and humpback whales. Book your cheapest car rental in Queenstown and visit Fiordland National Park to experience absolute beauty.
Routeburn TrackRouteburn Road, Fiordland National Park, Te Anau
- A widely acclaimed 32 km long hiking trail, Routeburn Track is a perfect place to set up campsites. Also known as Great Walk, the route overlaps Fiordland National Parks and Mount Aspiring National Park, providing you with spectacular panoramic views of the pristine surroundings. While camping at such a place is always great fun, note that you'd need to reserve your place well in advance during peak tourist season. For travel enthusiasts traveling around so many places, Queenstown car rentals are a total blessing.
Lake WanakaQueenstown-Lakes District, Otago, South Island
- One of the natural sources of the purest water in New Zealand, Lake Wakatipu is another famous tourist destination. Surrounded by giant mountains, the lake is famous for its scenic beauty and the plethora of adventure tourism options that it throws at you. The mountain range nearby the lake features tramping tracks, ski fields, bungy jumping, and paragliding. Note that local law requires you to wear life jackets, while you are on a boat due to the excessively low temperature of the water. Rent an SUV when you are looking to travel through places with a little rough road.
Lake WakatipuQueenstown-Lakes District, Otago Region, South Island
- One of the natural sources of purest water in New Zealand, the Lake Wakatipu is another famous tourist destination. Surrounded by giant mountains, the lake is famous for its scenic beauty and the plethora of adventure tourism options that it throws at you. The mountain range nearby the lake features tramping tracks, skifields, bungy jumping, and paragliding. Note that local law requires you to wear life jackets, while you are in boat due to excessively low temperature of water.
Coronet PeakRd 1 9371, New Zealand
- One of the most popular ski resort destinations of New Zealand, the Coronet Peak is located just 16 km northeast of Queenstown. Known for it relatively longer winter season that provides a good spell of snow, Coronet Peak offers a wonderful skifielding experience. If you happen to visit the place during peak season, chances are high that you'll see plenty of ski racing events of international repute, with renowned athletes participating in those.
Hollyford TrackTe Anau-Milford Hwy, Fiordland National Park, New Zealand
- A surprisingly flat tramping track that runs for almost 56 km within Fordland's northern edge, Hollyford Track is a place for those who wish to spend a day in solitude amid picturesque surroundings. The track's major attractions are its two lakes – Lake Alabaster and Lake McKerrow. While traveling without guides is equally enjoyable, you can go for paid guided tours that take you deeper into the generally inapproachable swamp areas and forests.
FAQs for Queenstown Airport car hire
How can I amend my rental car booked for Queenstown Airport?
Simply go to the 'Manage Booking’ section on the website, log in using your reservation number and email ID, and make changes to your booking.
Is one-way car rental possible from Queenstown?
Yes, one-way rental - international and domestic - is possible but strictly depends on your car rental supplier. Refer to the 'Rental Terms’ section to know more about the one-way rentals.
What insurances are included in my car rental deal?
Car hire deals for Queenstown Airport usually include Collision Damage Waiver, Theft Waiver and Third Party Liability Insurance.
Can I extend my car rental duration booked in Queenstown?
Yes, you can extend the duration before the pickup by logging into the 'Manage Booking’ section or even after the pickup by inquiring with the supplier concerned.
What are the required documents for car rental pickup at the Queenstown Airport?
Driver’s license, passport, credit card in the name of the driver, and the car rental confirmation voucher. Any extra documents, if required, will be mentioned by the supplier in the 'Rental Terms’ section.
What if my flight is delayed?
The suppliers usually keep a track of your flight timings and information. Still, in the case of a delay, it is advised that you inform the supplier in order to avoid charges for out-of-hour service.
What is the age limit to rent a car in Queenstown?
People of and above the age of 21 can rent a car in New Zealand. However, most car rental suppliers usually charge extra for young drivers below 25.
Is child/booster seats mandatory in Queenstown, NZ for travellers ?
The compulsion of child seats depend on the city you’re renting the car in. In Queenstown, kids are supposed to travel in appropriate seats, so hiring child seats is advisable if you are traveling with kids under 12.
Can someone other than me drive the hired car?
Yes, you can hire the 'Additional Driver’ add-on while booking the car to let another person drive. The additional driver will also have to show the proper license and documents at the pickup time.
When do I make the payment for my car rental?
When you book Queenstown Airport rental cars, you are required to pay a small amount to reserve the car and the rest has to be paid at the car rental desk at the Queenstown Airport.