Get huge discounts on a car hire deal for Queenstown Airport today!
Make your trip to Queenstown extra comfortable by hiring a car for Queenstown Airport and avail huge discounts as well! VIP Cars is dedicated to bringing you the best deals and services in order to give you the best car rental experience. Booking a car rental for Queenstown Airport in advance also gives you the benefit of skipping long queues for a car hire at ZQN Airport.
With a low-cost rental car of your choice at your disposal all the time, you can plan an excursion trip to any of your dream destinations across New Zealand's South Island. Explore Queenstown on your own time and in comfort by pre-booking a rental car now.
Our car hire companies at Queenstown Airport
While Europcar, Jucy Car Rental, and Thrifty have their service desks at the airport terminal. Ace Rental Cars, AeroDrive, Alamo, Apollo Car Hire, Enterprise, Go Rentals, and Omega Car Rentals are based outside the airport avenue.
- Ace Rental Cars
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Enterprise rent-a-car
- Europcar Car Hire
- Jucy Rentals
- Hertz Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Extra add on facilities you can add to your ZQN Airport car rental
- Additional drivers
- Snow chains
- Ski rack
- Child seats
- Booster seats
- Navigation system
When you are renting a car for Queenstown Airport, choose to make your journey extra comfortable by hiring the above mentioned add-ons. The availability and prices of these add-ons depend on the supplier you’re renting the car with.
The inclusions and extras are listed for guidance purposes; every supplier might not be offering all the inclusions and the extras.
- If you cancel your rental car booking for Queenstown Airport 48 hours before the pickup time, the entire booking amount will be refunded to your account without any hassles.
- However, if you fail to do so or don't show up at the time of pickup, you will not be entitled to any refund by either the supplier concerned or VIP Cars.
- VIP Cars' booking support is available 24/7 and can be contacted in case any assistance is required while booking your rental car for Queenstown Airport.
- Our customer care executives are trained to help and guide you through any kind of difficulties you may face while hiring a car. Our booking support can be contacted via live chat or our helpline.
Information on Queenstown Airport
Primarily serving Queenstown, a resort town in New Zealand's Otago Region, Queenstown Airport is situated about 8 km/5 miles away from Queenstown Central Business District. With its annual passenger handling capacity surpassing the 1 million mark, Queenstown Airport ranks among the busiest airports of Australasia.
A single terminal aviation hub that caters to both domestic and international flights, Queenstown Airport offers direct connectivity to several leading airports across New Zealand and Australia.
|Address:||Queenstown Airport, Sir Henry Wigley Dr, Frankton, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand|
Facilities at Queenstown Airport
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport with a limit of 2GB for 24 hours.
- ATMs and currency exchange services are available in the terminal.
- Selected food options in both landside and airside.
- Few retail stores selling touristy items, along with three duty-free outlets.
- A pharmacy and a first-aid room are available in the terminal.
- The airport has dedicated facilities for people with physical disabilities.
- A parents' room near the information desk with baby care facilities.
- Conference and meeting services in the lounges.
Driving tips for Queenstown
- Make sure to rent snow chains when driving in winter.
- Speed limits Open roads - 100 km/h,
Urban roads - 50 km/h
- Vehicles are driven on the left side of the road.
- Call 111 in case of an emergency.
- Underage children must be seated in approved child seats.
- Yellow lines in the middle of the roads mean you are not supposed to overtake.
Points of interest in Queenstown
A quaint town with full of energy, Queenstown is an absolute paradise for those who are looking forward to a memorable holiday. As the town adorably carries two distinct attributes – adventure and cosmopolitanism – you'll be delighted by the sheer multitude of worth seeing attractions that you can explore in your ZQN car hire. From adrenaline inducing adventure sporting events to classic restaurants and bars, Queenstown has many ways to receive your undivided attention. Check out the names of Queenstown top attractions:
Milford SoundTe Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679, New Zealand
- A fjord located just 287 km northwest of Queenstown, Milford Sound looks a like location that straightaway comes out of your dream. Arguably, the country's most visited destination, which escaped world's attention until the 20th century, is a treasure trove of natural beauty. Besides hosting innumerable water sporting events, the place is known to have sheltered several animals like seals, penguins, bottlenose dolphins, and humpback whales.
Routeburn TrackRouteburn Road, Fiordland National Park, Te Anau
- A widely acclaimed 32 km long hiking trail, Routeburn Track is a perfect place to set up camping sites. Also known as Great Walk, the route overlaps Fiordland National Parks and Mount Aspiring National Park, providing you with spectacular panoramic views of the pristine surroundings. While camping at such a place is always a great fun, note that you'd need to reserve your place well in advance during peak tourist season.
Lake WanakaQueenstown-Lakes District, Otago, South Island
- One of the largest lakes of New Zealand, Lake Wanaka is a popular resort destination. A hub for variety of water sporting events such as, swimming, boating, skiing, and jetboating, the lake never runs out of visitors. Sit near its bank or get into the water, everything that you do near the lake area is going to be a relaxing experience. Note that it's the same lake that gets mentioned multiple times in the Hollywood blockbuster Mission: Impossible III.
Lake WakatipuQueenstown-Lakes District, Otago Region, South Island
- One of the natural sources of purest water in New Zealand, the Lake Wakatipu is another famous tourist destination. Surrounded by giant mountains, the lake is famous for its scenic beauty and the plethora of adventure tourism options that it throws at you. The mountain range nearby the lake features tramping tracks, skifields, bungy jumping, and paragliding. Note that local law requires you to wear life jackets, while you are in boat due to excessively low temperature of water.
Coronet PeakRd 1 9371, New Zealand
- One of the most popular ski resort destinations of New Zealand, the Coronet Peak is located just 16 km northeast of Queenstown. Known for it relatively longer winter season that provides a good spell of snow, Coronet Peak offers a wonderful skifielding experience. If you happen to visit the place during peak season, chances are high that you'll see plenty of ski racing events of international repute, with renowned athletes participating in those.
Hollyford TrackTe Anau-Milford Hwy, Fiordland National Park, New Zealand
- A surprisingly flat tramping track that runs for almost 56 km within Fordland's northern edge, Hollyford Track is a place for those who wish to spend a day in solitude amid picturesque surroundings. The track's major attractions are its two lakes – Lake Alabaster and Lake McKerrow. While traveling without guides is equally enjoyable, you can go for paid guided tours that take you deeper into the generally inapproachable swamp areas and forests.
Quick FAQs about Queenstown Airport car hire
Simply go to the 'Manage Booking’ section on the website, log in using your reservation number and email ID, and make changes to your booking.
Yes, one-way rental - international and domestic - is possible but strictly depends on the supplier you are renting the car with. Please contact the supplier to confirm beforehand.
Car hire deals for Queenstown Airport usually include Collision Damage Waiver, Theft Waiver and Third Party Liability Insurance.
Yes, you can extend the duration before the pickup by logging into the 'Manage Booking’ section or even after the pickup by inquiring with the supplier concerned.
Driver’s license, passport, credit card in the name of the driver and the car rental confirmation voucher. Any extra documents, if required, will be mentioned by the supplier.
The suppliers usually keep a track of your flight timings and information. Still, in the case of a delay, it is advised that you inform the supplier in order to avoid charges for out-of-hour service.
People of and above the age of 21 can rent a car in New Zealand. However, most car rental suppliers usually charge extra for young drivers below 25.
The compulsion of child seats depend on the city you’re renting the car in. In Queenstown, kids are supposed to travel in appropriate seats, so hiring child seats is advisable if you are traveling with kids under 12.
Yes, you can hire the 'Additional Driver’ add-on while booking the car to let another person drive. The additional driver will also have to show the proper license and documents at the pickup time.
When you book a rental car for ZQN Airport online, you are required to pay a small amount to reserve the car and the rest has to be paid at the rental desk at the Queenstown Airport.