Queenstown Airport (ZQN) Car Rental
Make your trip to Queenstown extra comfortable by hiring a car for Queenstown Airport and avail huge discounts as well! VIP Cars is dedicated to bringing you the best deals and services in order to give you the best car rental experience. Booking a car rental for Queenstown Airport in advance also gives you the benefit of skipping long queues for a car hire at ZQN Airport. Explore Queenstown on your own time and in comfort by pre-booking a rental car now.
Advantages of Booking a Car Rental for Queenstown Airport (ZQN) with VIP Cars
- Widest variety of fuel-efficient rental cars in multiple segments.
- 24x7 booking support via live chat or helpline.
- No hidden or extra charges at the time of pickup.
- Free cancellation for up to 48 hours before pickup.
- Guarantee of lowest prices on the best vehicles.
- Highly secure online payment system that accepts multiple currencies.
- User-friendly three-step booking engine that saves time.
Associated Suppliers in Queenstown
Hiring a car for Queenstown Airport with VIP Cars gives you the benefit of comparing deals of many suppliers so you can choose the one that is perfect for your journey. Our car rental partners in Queenstown include -
Rental Extras & Inclusions Available with ZQN Airport Car Rental
- Additional drivers
- Snow chains
- Ski rack
- Child seats
- Booster seats
- Navigation system
When you are renting a car for Queenstown Airport, choose to make your journey extra comfortable by hiring these add-ons. The availability and prices of these add-ons depend on the supplier you’re renting the car with.
- Child seats
- Booster seats
- Additional drivers
- Navigation systems
- Ski racks
- Snow chains
The inclusions and extras are listed for guidance purposes; every supplier might not be offering all the inclusions and the extras.
Policy for Cancellation of ZQN Car Hire Deal
If you cancel your rental car booking for Queenstown Airport 48 hours before the pickup time, the entire booking amount will be refunded to your account without any hassles. But if you fail to do so or don't show up at the time of pickup, you will not be entitled to any refund by either the supplier concerned or VIP Cars.
24x7 Booking Support with VIP Cars
The booking support at VIP Cars is available 24/7 and can be contacted in case any assistance is required while booking your car rental for Queenstown Airport. Our customer care executives are efficiently trained to help and guide you through any kind of difficulties you may face while hiring a car. Our booking support can be contacted via live chat or our helpline.
Quick FAQs About Queenstown Airport Car Hire
How can I amend my booking?
Simply go to the 'Manage Booking’ section on the website, login using your reservation number and email ID, and make changes to your booking.
Is one-way rental possible?
Yes, one-way rental - international and domestic - is possible but strictly depends on the supplier you are renting the car with. Please contact the supplier to confirm beforehand.
What insurances are included in my car rental deal?
Car hire deals for Queenstown Airport usually include Collision Damage Waiver, Theft Waiver and Third Party Liability Insurance.
What are the required documents for car rental pickup at the airport?
Driver’s license, passport, credit card in the name of the driver and the car rental confirmation voucher. Any extra documents, if required, will be mentioned by the supplier.
What if my flight is delayed?
The suppliers usually keep a track of your flight timings and information. Still, in the case of a delay, it is advised that you inform the supplier in order to avoid charges for out-of-hour service.
What is the age limit to rent a car in Queenstown?
People of and above the age of 21 can rent a car in New Zealand. However, most car rental suppliers usually charge extra for young drivers below 25.
When do I make the payment for my car rental?
When you book a rental car for ZQN Airport online, you are required to pay a small amount to reserve the car and the rest has to be paid at the rental desk at the Queenstown Airport.
Are child seats mandatory?
Compulsion of child seats depend on the city you’re renting the car in. In Queenstown, kids are supposed to travel in appropriate seats, so hiring child seats is advisable if you are traveling with kids under 12.
Can I extend my car rental duration?
Yes, you can extend the duration before the pickup by logging into the 'Manage Booking’ section or even after the pickup by inquiring with the supplier concerned.
Can someone other than me drive the hired car?
Yes, you can hire the 'Additional Driver’ add-on while booking the car to let another person drive. The additional driver will also have to show the proper license and documents at the pickup time.
Queenstown Airport Information
One of the busiest airports in New Zealand, Queenstown Airport handles 1.3 million passengers on an average every year. Located about 8 km away from Queenstown Central Business District, Queenstown Airport consists of one large passenger terminal. The airport timings are 06:00 – 22:00, an hour extra after the last flight of the day departs.
Sir Henry Wigley Dr, Frankton, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
- IATA Airport Code:
- ICAO Airport Code:
Queenstown Airport Facilities
- ATMs and currency exchange services are available in the terminal.
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport with a limit of 2GB for 24 hours.
- The airport has dedicated facilities for people with physical disabilities.
- Selected food options in both landside and airside.
- Few retail stores selling touristy items, along with three duty-free outlets.
- A pharmacy and a first-aid room are available in the terminal.
- A parents' room near the information desk with baby care facilities.
- Conference and meeting services in the lounges.
Driving Tips in Queenstown
- Speed limits
- Open roads - 100 km/h
- Urban roads - 50 km/h
- Make sure to rent snow chains when driving in winter.
- Vehicles are driven on the left side of the road.
- Underage children must be seated in approved child seats.
- Yellow lines in the middle of the roads mean you are not supposed to overtake.
- Call 111 in case of an emergency.
A quaint town with full of energy, Queenstown is an absolute paradise for those who are looking forward to a memorable holiday. As the town adorably carries two distinct attributes – adventure and cosmopolitanism – you'll be delighted by the sheer multitude of worth seeing attractions that you can explore in your ZQN car hire. From adrenaline inducing adventure sporting events to classic restaurants and bars, Queenstown has many ways to receive your undivided attention. Check out the names of most visited places in Queenstown:
- Milford Sound A fjord located just 287 km northwest of Queenstown, Milford Sound looks a like location that straightaway comes out of your dream. Arguably, the country's most visited destination, which escaped world's attention until the 20th century, is a treasure trove of natural beauty. Besides hosting innumerable water sporting events, the place is known to have sheltered several animals like seals, penguins, bottlenose dolphins, and humpback whales.
- Routeburn Track A widely acclaimed 32 km long hiking trail, Routeburn Track is a perfect place to set up camping sites. Also known as Great Walk, the route overlaps Fiordland National Parks and Mount Aspiring National Park, providing you with spectacular panoramic views of the pristine surroundings. While camping at such a place is always a great fun, note that you'd need to reserve your place well in advance during peak tourist season.
- Lake Wanaka One of the largest lakes of New Zealand, Lake Wanaka is a popular resort destination. A hub for variety of water sporting events such as, swimming, boating, skiing, and jetboating, the lake never runs out of visitors. Sit near its bank or get into the water, everything that you do near the lake area is going to be a relaxing experience. Note that it's the same lake that gets mentioned multiple times in the Hollywood blockbuster Mission: Impossible III.
- Lake Wakatipu One of the natural sources of purest water in New Zealand, the Lake Wakatipu is another famous tourist destination. Surrounded by giant mountains, the lake is famous for its scenic beauty and the plethora of adventure tourism options that it throws at you. The mountain range nearby the lake features tramping tracks, skifields, bungy jumping, and paragliding. Note that local law requires you to wear life jackets, while you are in boat due to excessively low temperature of water.
- Coronet Peak One of the most popular ski resort destinations of New Zealand, the Coronet Peak is located just 16 km northeast of Queenstown. Known for it relatively longer winter season that provides a good spell of snow, Coronet Peak offers a wonderful skifielding experience. If you happen to visit the place during peak season, chances are high that you'll see plenty of ski racing events of international repute, with renowned athletes participating in those.
- Hollyford Track A surprisingly flat tramping track that runs for almost 56 km within Fordland's northern edge, Hollyford Track is a place for those who wish to spend a day in solitude amid picturesque surroundings. The track's major attractions are its two lakes – Lake Alabaster and Lake McKerrow. While traveling without guides is equally enjoyable, you can go for paid guided tours that take you deeper into the generally inapproachable swamp areas and forests.