Cheap Car Rental at Wellington Airport (WLG)
Book cheap car hire at Wellington Airport (WLG) with VIP Cars and discover the beautiful city of Wellington like never before! With a car rental at your beck and call, you can spend your time in Wellington with comfort. No matter what your space requirements, car preferences, or budget needs be, VIP Cars offers you a large fleet of rental cars which allows us to cater to the needs of a variety of passengers.
The booking process is simple, just search, compare your options and book the vehicle. The portal has filters that you can use to filter out your searches and find the cheapest and best car rental deals. Here are some common deal types our partners offer
- Long term car rentals
- One way car rentals
- Last-minute car rentals
VIPCars is a 24/7 available car hire company and you can contact us via- email, phone calls, or WhatsApp. Our booking support team will be happy to be at your service.
Car rental companies at Wellington Airport
We work in partnership with some of the best car rental suppliers in the business which are also stationed within the WLG airport compound.
- Go Rentals
- Bargain Car Rentals
- Snap Rentals
Car types available for hire at Wellington Airport
Cheap car rental Wellington airport
Economy, sedans, minis, compacts & standard cars are the car-types offered for the cheapest prices. They are not meant for adventurous trips
Van rental Wellington
A van or minivan is best suited for a big group of family and friends. On VIP Cars, you can compare 7, 8, 9, 12 and 15 passenger vans and minivans from top suppliers.
Luxury car rental Wellington
Lamborghini, Bentley, Rolls Royce, BMW, and Corvette are some of the car brands that you can compare on VIPCars. Place the booking in advance for cheaper deals.
SUV rental Wellington
A convertible SUV is a great option if you are planning to explore the coastal drives. We also provide 4x4s which are more sturdy and have more room for equipment.
Guide to Wellington Airport (WLG) – Overview
|Address:||Wellington Airport, Stewart Duff Dr, Rongotai, Wellington 6022, New Zealand|
Located in Wellington’s Rongotai suburb, Wellington Airport is an International airport which is co-owned by Infratil and Wellington City Council. It is the third busiest airport in NZ and is served by carriers like Air New Zealand, Fiji Airways, Qantas and Jetstar airways.
Facilities at WLG Airport
The airport is fully equipped with everything you need. There are hotel rooms, lounges, internet and Wifi-services, currency exchange counters, baggage and flight security, duty free, wishbone and stores of the like, and various eateries. The airport is comfortable and hospitable to cater to all your needs and demands.
Rental car desks at the airport are located on level 0 next to the domestic baggage claim. Most of the leading suppliers of rental cars worldwide are available and can be booked easily via VIPcars.com.
Popular Road Trip from Wellington
Make the best use of your Wellington Airport car rental and enjoy the best of Wellington through these following day trips, which are some of the best in NZ:
Wellington to 'Martinborough and the Wairarapa region’
- Driving time from Wellington: It is about 1.5 hour's drive (one-way) via SH 2
- Highlights:Wines, especially Pinot Noir; cycling opportunities; quality food and charming architectural marvels.
Wellington to 'Picton & Marlborough’
- Driving time from Wellington: It is approximately 4-hour journey (one-way) via Interislander Cook Strait Ferry
- Why you should visit it? First of all the ferry trip is just out-of-the-world and the destinations Picton – a small town with its lovely waterfront – and – full of wineries – will prove to be the icing on the cake!
Wellington to 'Kapiti Island’
- Driving Time from Wellington: About 1-hour drive from Wellington to Paraparaumu Beach from where you will need to take a 15-20 minute ferry ride (one-way)
- Why go? It is the best place if you want to see some of the unique but endangered bird species and a breathtaking forested island environment.
If you have 2 to 4 days in NZ, the following are not only the best road trips out there, but are totally doable!
You can easily accomplish one of these in your Wellington Airport car hire!
Day Trip from Wellington to 'Nelson & Abel Tasman’
- Driving time from Wellington: 3-hour ferry ride, followed by 2-hour drive (one-way)
- Why go? This part of NZ is best known for its warm climate and some of the best national parks; it also offers a handful of wineries and unique attractions
Day Trip from Wellington to 'Hawke's Bay & Napier’
- Driving Time from Wellington: 4.5-hour drive (one-way) via SH 2
- Why go? While Hawke’s Bay is said to be NZ's premier wine region - a great place for food and all, Napier offers an intriguing Art Deco architecture, and much, much more!
Day Trip from Wellington to 'Christchurch’
- 4-day Trip; driving time from Wellington: About 11 hrs via State Highway 1, excluding time on ferries
- Cities to Cover on the Way: The trip allows you to visit various other gorgeous places in NZ, namely Picton, Marlborough Sounds, Hanmer Springs and finally Christchurch!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Car Rentals at Wellington Airport
Can I travel one way and leave my WLG Airport car rental in Picton?
Yes, our suppliers – like Ace rent a car, GO Rentals, Europcar – might allow one-way car rentals to Picton where you can drop the car at the address provided by the supplier.
Also note that since you need to travel by ferry to reach Picton, in most cases, your Wellington Airport car hire will be permitted to be taken on a ferry, and the ferry charges will be covered in the car rental’s price.
Can I book an automatic car for WLG Airport?
Yes, almost all of our partner suppliers in NZ offer automatic as well as manual car rentals for Wellington Airport.
What happens if I return my car late?
If you know that you are going to be late in returning your Wellington Airport car rental, notify the supplier and get the car rental extended for the same rate at which you booked it. But if you fail to notify the supplier, you will be liable to pay the late fee (which also depends upon the car rental supplier).
What documents do you need to hire a Wellington Airport car rental?
You would require a valid driver's license, credit card, and proof of identity to hire a car rental at Wellington Airport. Additionally, you would also require an International Driving Permit if your driver's license is not in the Roman alphabet.