Save Time & Money! Hire a Car for Geneva Airport in 3 Easy Steps!
Searching for the best deal on car hire for Geneva Airport? Your search ends here as you can get the cheapest car rental deal in just 3 easy steps; Search, Select, and Book!
In collaboration with Europe's leading car hire brands, including Alamo, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, National, Rent Occasion, Sixt, we give you a free access to all sort of economical car hire deals for Geneva Airport. Moreover, we offer a wide range of car categories to choose from, starting from compact cars and intermediate sedans to vans, SUVs, convertibles, and luxury cars.
Geneva Airport (GVA)
One of the major freight hubs of the European Union, Geneva Airport (GVA) handles more than 14 million passengers every year. Earlier known as Cointrin Airport, the GVA caters to several leading international airlines. As the airport is just 2.5 miles away from central Geneva, hiring a car from Geneva Airport is unsurprisingly popular among families, leisure tourists, and business travelers.
Route de l'Aéroport 21, 1215 Le Grand-Saconnex, Switzerland
- IATA Airport Code:
- ICAO Airport Code:
How you get the best GVA Airport car hire deal from us?
As you fill-in your intended travel dates, we show you the list of available rental car categories, actual pricing, rental inclusions, and most importantly the name of car hire company concerned.
With worldwide trusted rental car brands to choose from, VIP Cars makes it very convenient to get the cheapest deal. Plus, you are assured of the following critical facts:
- We don't levy any commission or hidden charges when you use VIP Cars to book a rental car
- Our network of brands allows us to display best cars for GVA Airport to let you compare & pick
- Secured by a new age encryption technology, our website keeps your confidential details totally secured, while you make a car hire reservation online.
- Our 24/7 customer support team is prompt in handling all your queries related to rental car reservation for Geneva Airport.
Need More Reasons To Go For Rental Car in Geneva?
- As Geneva Airport is situated at the border of France and Switzerland, having a rental car allows you to cover as many places as you want on both sides of the border.
- Hiring a car relieves you of the stress of organizing a mode of transport every time you step out of your hotel.
- Be it day trips, local shopping spree, or a long unwinding road trip across neighboring cities of France and Italy, a rental car undoubtedly remains a hassle-free option.
Looking For Information On Car Rental for Geneva Airport On French Side?
- Arrival If your rental car has been stationed in the French sector, you can easily move to the French sector, regardless of the fact that you arrived on an international flight on the Swiss side. Approach the Check-in level and look for the “Destination France” signs. Cross through the 'Customs', where you will essentially need to show your rental car contract.
- Departure You can return your rental car in the French sector but will have to arrive at Swiss side as barring a few air carriers, majority of airlines require you to check-in from the Swiss side. Use the transit area to get to the international sector located on the Swiss side.
Geneva - The Smallest of Big Cities
One of the most beautiful European cities, Geneva is known for its wealth of captivating natural views. Besides being center of international diplomacy, Geneva is home to several awe-inspiring museums, profoundly designed art galleries, and delightful gardens. Geneva's prominent landmarks include:
- International Red Cross & Red Crescent Museum
- Natural History Museum of Geneva
- Place du Bourg-de-Four
- St. Pierre Cathedral
- Reformation Wall
- Bains des Paquis
- Jet d'Eau
Popular Day Trips Within Switzerland
Geneva - Chateau de ChillonDistance - About 103 km via A1 and A9
Geneva - ZurichDistance - About 277 km via A1
Geneva - BernDistance - About 157 km via A1
Popular Road Trips From Geneva
In addition to literally uncountable options of day trips from Geneva, you can also try a road trip to other popular tourist cities situated in France and Italy.
From Geneva to France:
Geneva - AnnecyDistance - About 42 km via A1
Geneva - BesançonDistance - About 176 km via A1
Geneva - GruyeresDistance - About 121 km via A41
Geneva - ChamonixDistance - About 82 km via A40
Geneva - ParisDistance - About 540 km via A40 & A6
Geneva - LyonDistance - About 149 km via A40 & A42
Geneva - DijonDistance - About 262 km via A40 & A39
Geneva - NiceDistance - About 534 km via E25 & A10/E80
From Geneva to Italy:
Geneva - TurinDistance - 249 km via E25
Geneva - MilanDistance - 318 km via E25
Geneva - GenoaDistance - 402 km via E25 & A26
Geneva Airport (GVA) Car Hire Tips
Whether you plan to fly to Geneva for a brief spell or a longer duration, rent a car from Geneva Airport to make most of your time. Book a rental car online for Geneva Airport and drive straightaway to the city as you step out of the airport. Keep the following tips in mind as you get ready to drive:
- Don't forget to bring your driving license, along with a valid photo identification proof, as all major car hire companies at Geneva Airport seek these documents before handing over the car keys to you.
- Note that if you get a rental car from the French sector and choose to return at the Swiss sector, your car hire Supplier may charge additional fee.
- Buy and paste a country specific vignette sticker on your rental car's windscreen if you plan to drive to either France or Italy. Sticker is also required if you are entering Switzerland after getting your rental car from the French side.
- Save on your fuel cost by getting your rental car refueled in France if you are using a petrol car. Per liter cost of petrol is cheaper in France than Switzerland.