Car rental at Phuket Airport (HKT)
Pick a cheap car rental at Phuket Airport (HKT) and explore Phuket like a local. Experienced and returning travelers always make sure that they have a rented car at their beck and call in Phuket. And why not, Phuket is a big island, has a lot in store for travelers besides beaches and city attractions, which makes renting a car a wise decision in fact. We recommend you rent a car in advance, that way you would be able to skip the queues at the airport’s rental counters and have the key to the vehicle within minutes after you land.
Searches related to renting a car in Phuket Airport
- Long term car rentals: Renting a car for a longer duration of time is the best way of ensuring that you save big with no compromises on the car-type you are looking to rent. Long term rentals are offered at great rates by the suppliers.
- Monthly & short-term rentals: In Phuket, many travelers rent cars on month to month basis. And in case you are visiting for a few days, our suppliers provide rentals for short durations too, like, a week, a day or a weekend etc.
Location of car rental companies at Phuket Airport (HKT)
At VIPCars.com, we negotiate with all leading car rental suppliers that provide services directly at Phuket Airport, some of which are listed below.
Their rental counters are located within the airport terminal.
- Hertz Rent A Car
- Sixt Rent A Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
- National Car Rental
- Budget Rent A Car
- Thai Rent A Car
- Chic Car Rent
Popular rental car-types in Phuket
Luxury car rental Phuket
Mostly preferred by business people, the combined fleet of our car hire partners have all from a BMW, Rolls Royce to Audi and Mercedes.
Jeep rental Phuket
If you want to hop from one beach to the other, in addition to convertibles, many renters go for jeeps for a memorable ride.
Van rental Phuket
Family vacation or business, whatever your travel agenda you can compare a big list of vans and minivans from 7, 8, 9, 12 to 15 passenger vans and minivans, all at one place.
Cheap car rental Phuket
Economy, compact, mini and sedan cars are the cheapest to rent vehicles and are easily available. They are great for city travel.
Car rental return locations near Phuket Airport
If you want to return the rental car at a location other than Phuket Airport, here are a few places in Phuket that you may consider. You can also pick a location outside Phuket, for that just select a location from the drop-down list in the booking form, or call us and our booking experts will be happy to help you in finding the nearest rental point outside Phuket. :
- Phuket Holiday Inn Resort
- Phuket Patong
One-way car rental from Phuket Airport
Though cross-border option is strictly prohibited in Thailand, one-way is permitted. Just change the return location on search form to rent a car for a one way trip.
Minimum age to rent a car in Phuket
Generally, car rental companies in Thailand allow only 21+-year-old drivers to rent cars; however, some suppliers may allow under 21 drivers but in that case, an underage fee is charged. Also, many suppliers rent vans, minivans and luxury cars only to 25-year-old and above drivers.
Therefore the minimum age to rent a car in Phuket may vary from supplier to supplier, and the type of car you are planning to rent at Phuket Airport.
About Phuket Airport (HKT)
Phuket Airport is the second busiest airport in Thailand, in terms of both passenger traffic and freight volume. HKT Airport is the primary gateway to Phuket Island- a tourist paradise situated in the southern part of Thailand.
HKT Airport serves as an operating base to over 10 airlines, handles over 14 million passengers every year and is comprised of two terminals and a single runway. It plays a vital role in promoting travel and tourism in the southern region as well as throughout the kingdom.
|Address:||Phuket International Airport, Mai Khao, Thalang District, Phuket 83110, Thailand|
Popular Attractions near Phuket Airport
Phuket’s key attractions are certainly its pristine beaches, but there’s more to Phuket than that. Here are a few attractions (including beaches) located near Phuket Airport. A rental car will give you the freedom to pick the spots you want to visit while driving your way to these wonderful attractions without any hassle:
Raucous nightlife, restaurants, bars and cafes.Fastest Route: Route 402
Cultural Theme Park; Thai Culture Show, and Thai Buffet.Fastest Route: Route 402
The most important Buddhist Temple in PhuketFastest Route: Route 402
Big Buddha Phuket
It’s a magnificent 45-meter tall marble Buddha StatueFastest Route: Route 402
Things to keep in mind while driving a rental car in Phuket
- You must always have your driver's license while behind the wheel.
- If there are passengers accompanying you, make sure that you and the passenger sitting in the front are wearing a seat belt at all times.
- Do not exceed the speed limits. It is 60 km/hr on the city roads and 90 km/hr for the highways.
- Never drink and drive; if you are stopped and the driver's blood alcohol level is more than 50 mg. percent, it will be counted as a major offense.
- Phuket Island is full of curves and hills, especially the area near Patong Beach, so always keep vigil and drive carefully.
- Keep an eye on the motorcycles! They are notorious for their inability to follow traffic laws. Be careful!
- In Phuket Town, there are many areas – major beaches and business area – which have one-way roads, so plan your route accordingly.
- It is easy to find a parking space for your rental car in Phuket, except in some busy roads in Phuket Town and Patong Beach, where you should never park on the roadside unless there is a sign which states that 'you can’.