Renting a Car at Cairo Airport (CAI)
Traveling to a new city is as exciting as doing something for the first time, and what better way to make your trip better than hiring a car to discover a new place on your own? When you’re traveling to Cairo via the Cairo International Airport, make sure you pre-book a car rental with VIP Cars to save both time and money! Forget standing in long queues to get yourself a cab or wait for public transport, instead, hire a car for Cairo Airport with VIP Cars before your arrival and pick up your vehicle straight after you land, and drive to the city with ease.
Benefits of Hiring a Car for Cairo Airport (CAI) with VIP Cars
When you pre-book a rental car for Cairo Airport with us, not only do you get big discounts on your choice of vehicle, but also -
- Standard insurances like Collision Damage Waiver and Theft Waiver are provided to save the customer’s money in case of a mishap.
- Free Cancellation for up to 48 hours before pickup time and Unlimited Mileage.
- Taxes and airport surcharge included in the final price.
These benefits and inclusions differ from supplier to supplier.
Rental Car Suppliers at Cairo Airport (CAI)
VIP Cars works with the following car hire suppliers to bring you the widest variety of rental cars for Cairo Airport -
Car Rental Fleet for Cairo Airport (CAI)
Since VIP Cars works in collaboration with the top global and domestic suppliers for Cairo Airport, we are able to bring to you a wide variety of rental cars in multiple segments.
You also get to choose from various options like manual/automatic, petrol/diesel and also filter your options according to your budget and car model preferences.
Process to Rent a Car for Cairo Airport (CAI)
The booking engine on our website is built to facilitate the process of hiring a car in just three easy steps - Search, Compare and Book.
First, you look for the desired rental car for Cairo Airport according to the dates of your trip. Then you compare multiple deals available on different vehicles offered by different suppliers, all based on your preferences, which can be managed using the multiple filters available. And in the end, choose the best option for your trip and book by paying a small amount online and rest assured that your car will be waiting for you in perfect condition when you land at Cairo Airport.
Brief Information on Cairo Airport (CAI)
The busiest airport in Egypt, Cairo International Airport is located in Heliopolis, near Cairo. The Cairo Airport serves as the major hub for EgyptAir, EgyptAir Express and Nile Air. The airport has four terminals, three runways and serves over 30 million passengers annually. The Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 are usually referred to as “Old Airport” and “New Airport” respectively. All terminals are linked by an Automated People Mover. The airport has an on-site hotel as well, the Le Méridien, which stands in front of the Terminal 3.
Airport Rd, Cairo Governorate 11432, Egypt
- IATA Airport Code:
- ICAO Airport Code:
Facilities at Cairo International Airport (CAI)
- Free Wi-Fi payphones throughout the airport, along with a full-service post office.
- ATMs and bureaux de change services are available in all terminals.
- Numerous restaurants, cafes and bars, all open according to flight schedules.
- Duty-free shopping available in the departure area of international terminals.
- Medical services and a pharmacy, tour operators, conference and business rooms.
- Accessibility and dedicated facilities for passengers with physical disabilities.
- Short-term and long-term parking spaces with over 3,600 spaces available.
Frequently Asked Questions about Hiring a Car at Cairo Airport (CAI)
How can I hire a car for Cairo Airport?
You can book a car rental for Cairo Airport by logging on to our website and make a reservation via our booking engine. Or, you can also call our helpline where our friendly customer care executives will be happy to guide you through the booking process.
Can I make changes after I’ve booked a rental car?
Yes. You can simply log on to the 'Manage Booking’ section on our website and make the desired changes to your car rental booking. You may also contact our booking support helpline to edit your car rental details.
Can I extend my rental car's duration?
Yes. If you haven’t picked up your car rental you can change your dates in the 'Manage Booking’ section on our website. If you’ve already picked up your vehicle and want to keep it for some extra days, you should call and confirm with the specific supplier.
What extras can I add to my rental car?
Few add-ons that you can add to your Cairo Airport Car Rental are navigation systems, booster seats, child seats, additional drivers and more. These extras are available for hire at a small surcharge depending upon the supplier.
What documents do I need to present while picking up my rental car?
The 4 basic documents you need at the rental desk at the airport are the car rental confirmation voucher, identity proof, valid driver’s licence and a credit card in the name of the renter. If there is an additional driver, the documents are needed in their name as well.
Driving Tips in Cairo, Egypt
- The permitted blood alcohol level is 0.05%
- Speed limits -
Town roads - 50 km/h Urban roads - 90 km/h Highways - 100 km/h
- Minimum age to drive a car is 18. Minimum age to rent a car is 25.
- Third Party Insurance is mandatory in Egypt.
- Emergency number - 112.
Places You Should Definitely Visit in Cairo
One of the most extraordinary metropolitan cities of the Arab World, Cairo, the capital of Egypt, is full of life and youthful buzz. Be it's grand avenues, historic mosques, captivating palaces, or the timeless pyramids of Giza, you'll find everything about Cairo exceptionally charming. Hiring a car from CAI Airport will definitely help you to explore this amazing desert city like never before. Check out the names of most visited places in Cairo.
- Pyramids of Giza – Time stops when you are in front of one of the seven wonders of the world. Their sheer size, perfect geometry, and sublime beauty fascinates tourists from all over the world. While the mystery of their origin remains unsolved, you can go with the widely accepted notion that such formidable structures were ordered by ancient Egyptian pharaohs to retire comfortably in afterlife. The glowing sand, along with other nearby monuments of Giza, create an awe-inspiring feeling as you continue to ponder over their 4,000-year-old existence.
- Old Cairo – Founded in 969 CE, Old Cairo, the oldest part of the Egyptian capital dotted with narrow alleys, ancient churches, and monumental buildings, must be visited at least once. There are a lot of historic sites to be admired and small markets to go shopping if you're interested in local goods. Notable attractions located within Old Cairo include – the Coptic Museum, Mosque of Amr ibn al-As, Hanging Church, Ben Ezra Synagogue, and the Babylon Fortress.
- Downtown Cairo – A lively city center since its inception in the late 19th century, the Downtown Cairo is a perfect place to relax especially at your daybreak. A place full of stunning old buildings where you can take a round on foot to admire the architecture, the downtown area is the most important part of the city and never offers a dull moment. Notable landmarks include – Groppi Ice-cream Shop, Cafe Riche, Talaat Harb Square, and the Shurbagi Building.
- Al-Azhar Park – A place no less than a modern day wonder, Cairo's Al-Azhar Park site used be a garbage dumping spot until 2005. Careful planning and irrevocable resolve turned a garbage dumping place into a beautiful park that is now spread across 30 hectares. One of the largest open places in Cairo, the park gives a space for quiet and calm from the city’s rush. Besides offering superb views of Cairo, the park features lush green gardens, fountains, lake, recreational areas, and restaurants.
- Egyptian Museum – Situated toward the right corner of iconic Tahrir Square in Downtown Cairo, the Egyptian Museum is an unbelievable repository of exquisite antiques. With more than 100,000 artifacts adoring the floor space, your trip to museum will be no less than an exciting trip into Egypt's glorious past. Museum's notable attractions include – the Gold Mask of Tutankhamun, Statue of Khafre, Grave Mask of King Amenemope, and the Statue of Akhenaten.
- Al-Azhar Mosque – One of the oldest mosques of the Middle East, roots of the Al-Azhar Mosque can be traced back to AD 970. Featuring a thoughtful blend of various architectural styles, the mosque's facade is not to be missed. The place is also notable for its valuable contribution in enhancing the learning of Sunni Islam. From a modest beginning in the form of an Islamic seminary, the mosque learning center has evolved into a globally renowned Al-Azhar University, attracting scholars from all over the world.