Book a low-priced car rental deal for Heathrow Airport
No one comes closer to VIP Cars when it is about offering a cheap car hire deal for Heathrow Airport. We let you search and compare the most economical car rental deals for London Heathrow Airport from the UK's renowned car rental brands such as, Ace, Alamo, Easirent, Enterprise, Europcar, Green motion, Sixt, National, and Hertz Car Rental. Thus, by making an online car hire reservation from us, you are guaranteed of a low-cost LHR car rental deal. In addition, we also give you an option to go for one-way car hire from London Heathrow, if you plan to drop your rental car off to some other destination in the United Kingdom other than Heathrow Airport.
What kind of rental cars are available for Heathrow Airport?
At VIP Cars, you can find several options in rental cars when it comes to size, features, transmission, and fuel type. With a league of worldwide trusted suppliers on our side, we are naturally best fit to offer you a big car hire fleet to choose from. Go for an economy or compact car if you are traveling alone, opt for standard/intermediate if traveling with a small family. Select a van without giving it a much thought if you are traveling with a group and seriously need 8-seater and 12-seater people movers. Choose a 4WD SUV if you are a performance enthusiast. Go for a luxury/ premium car or a convertible if you want to drive in style.
About London Heathrow Airport
One of the busiest civil aviation hubs on the globe, London Heathrow Airport handles about 7 million passengers annually. A popular car hire pick-up location in the United Kingdom, Heathrow International is situated about 14 miles west of Central London. With more than 90 airlines operating regularly scheduled flights, London Heathrow offers air connectivity to 170 destinations worldwide. Consisting of five large passenger terminals, LHR offers a wide range of passenger amenities such as, currency exchange counters, ATMs, waiting lounges, restaurants, bars, car rental desks, and hotels.
Longford TW6, United Kingdom
- IATA Airport Code:
- ICAO Airport Code:
Passenger facilities at Heathrow Airport
Home to some of the world's finest passenger amenities, Heathrow Airport charms you in many ways. Whether a retail therapy you are looking forward to or wish to cool your heels in any of the plush lounges, Heathrow Airport has something for every sort of traveler. From exclusive retail outlets to multitude of dining outlets, the airport has plenty of options that suit all budgets. Business travelers can also avail the Wi-Fi facility, along with dedicated computer terminals, conveniently placed across all the five terminals.
Petrol stations near London Heathrow Airport
- Esso - Southern Perimeter Rd, Stanwell, Hounslow TW6 3PF, UK
- Heathrow North Service Station - Shepiston Ln, Hayes UB3 1LL, UK
- Shell - 400 Colnbrook Bypass, West Drayton UB7 0HB, UK
- Esso Petroleum - West London Terminal, Bedfont Rd, Staines-upon-Thames, Stanwell, Staines TW19 7LZ, UK
Start exploring London in your Heathrow Airport car rental
One of the most famous tourism destinations of the world, London is simply an incredible mix of modern cosmopolitanism, glorious history, fine food, and an unforgettable time. A magnificent melting pot of various cultures and ethnicities, London amuses you in many ways as you drive around the city in your Heathrow Airport car hire. Top attractions in London include:
- London Eye
- Westminster Abbey
- Tower of London
- Sea Life London Aquarium
- Tower Bridge
- Madame Tussauds London
Interested in driving beyond London?
Below mentioned are the most sought-after day trips emanating from London. Not only you get to see something different, but also gain an experience of lifetime that is indescribable in words.
London – Windsor Castle, Stonehenge & Bath115 miles via M4
One of the most popular day trip options from London, visit to Bath and Stonehenge, while briefly stopping at Windsor Castle, is worth your time. You can spend more time in Bath as the place is replete with hot springs and Georgian architectural marvels of the 18th century.
London – Oxford, Blenheim Palace & Woodstock63 miles via M40 & A40
Drive to the Oxford University City, another popular tourism destination near London. Drive a little further to see the Blenheim Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the largest ones in England. Next on your route is Woodstock, a market town famous for the Oxfordshire Museum.
London – Brighton54 miles via M23 & A23
A beautiful seaside resort town, Brighton is known for its historic landmarks such as Royal Pavilion, Brighton Pier, Clock Tower, and St Nicholas Cathedral. The Brighton beach is obviously immensely popular due to its charming location and its ability to behold the attention of every kind of traveler, including kids looking to hop on an incredibly large merry-go-round.
London – Edinburgh402 miles via M1
If driving outside England is what you have been cherishing for, look for no other place other than Edinburgh. A truly fascinating place, the capital of Scotland is famed for Edinburgh Castle, a massive imposing fortress. Other worth considering attractions include – Calton Hill, Old College, Old Town, and Princes Street.
London – Bristol118 miles via M4
One of the most popular nightlife destinations in the United Kingdom, Bristol is famed for its resplendent life after dark. Home to several award winning nightclubs and bars, you will find plenty of options to hang out and eat delicious food. Don't overlook the city's formidable collection of museums, at galleries, and happening venues for live musical concerts.
Heathrow Airport car rental tips
- Rental car companies at Heathrow Airport have service desks located at all the five passenger terminals.
- You must be 21-year-old or above to rent a car in the United Kingdom. Additionally, drivers below 25-years of age may be charged with young driver surcharge.
- Driving in central London from Monday to Friday between 7 am until 6 pm requires motorists to pay a 'Congestion Charge'. In addition, you will be required to pay toll charges at certain bridges and tunnels.
- While no restrictions are generally enforced if you drive your rental car between different countries, including Northern Ireland, within the United Kingdom, however, some car hire suppliers may disallow loading of rental cars on ferries, while going from Great Britain to Northern Ireland.
General road rules in UK
- Traffic moves on the left in the United Kingdom and zebra crossings give pedestrians the right of way.
- Mobile phone usage is prohibited while driving.
- Speed limits as well as distances are in miles and speed range varies between 30mph-70mph, depending on the road you're driving on.
- Wearing seat belts is compulsory for drivers as well as all the passengers inside the car. Children below 12 years of age are required to be seated with proper child restrain.