Cheap Car Rentals London Gatwick Airport (LGW) (South/North Terminal)
Compare top London Gatwick Airport (LGW) car rental deals from popular car rental companies on VIP Cars and book your affordable deal within minutes. Our rental suppliers provide a great variety when it comes to prices, inclusions, and extras, & since the majority of them have their car hire desks within the airport terminal, picking up and returning the hired vehicle becomes really easy for the renters. And the best part is that with our suppliers, you can request pickup at any of the airport terminals – South/North.
To help you with the deals, rental options, and any other queries, our easy-to-use online booking engine offers you a 24/7 dedicated support team. Moreover, another thing that you should note is that Gatwick Airport car rental prices are all-inclusive, with no hidden costs. So with us, you can book a car rental at London Gatwick Airport anytime, anywhere; for cheaper deals & discounts, make the booking in advance to keep all the hassles at bay.
Useful Information, Tips & Advice
If you are going to stick to the main city attractions, you will be driving in London Congestion Zone; drivers pay up to £11.50 daily to drive within this zone from 07:00 and 18:00, Monday to Friday.
If you are traveling light and your companion group is also not big, give preference to cars that fall in compact or mini car types. Not only are these cars fuel efficient, they are quite useful when the parking poses to be an issue.
Popular Car Rental Companies at London Gatwick Airport (LGW)
Besides being the second-largest airport in London, Gatwick Airport is also the second-busiest airport in the UK. To cater to the needs of such a wide variety of travelers, VIP Cars works with a big list of car rental supplier companies, they are listed as:
- Green motion
Locations of car hire agencies at the Gatwick airport: All these rental car companies have their desks in the airport’s South Terminal. The airport is well signed; just follow the signposts to the car rental desks in the arrivals hall.
Gatwick Airport Car Rental Return Help - Reaching LGW Airport from London
If you going to return your rental car at Gatwick airport itself, here, we are providing the directions that you can use to reach the airport from London. The distance between Gatwick and London is around 45 km; both are connected directly through M23 and A23 London-Brighton road. You can also use M25, it is connected to UK's national road and motorway network.
If you are using a Sat-Nav to reach the airport, use these GPS Postcodes for exact directions:
- North Terminal: RH6 0PJ
- South Terminal: RH6 0NP
Fuel Stations at the airport
Travelers looking to refuel your car, they can get their hired vehicle refilled at the airport itself. Both the airport terminals have fuel stations that work around the clock.
One-way Car Rental & Drop-off Locations near Gatwick International Airport
One-way car rental from Gatwick Airport is possible; though domestic one-way is permitted by all suppliers, international one-way totally depends on the car rental company. While companies like Sixt allow cross-border travel, others like Enterprise and Alamo allow cross-border only into Ireland. So call us or have a word with the representative at the time of pick-up for more information. Note that in case of cross-country travel, if you are planning to drop the car outside the UK you will be paying both cross-country charges as well as a one-way rental fee.
Though VIP Cars and its suppliers cover a big network of locations in the UK, here we are providing a few noted locations in London where you can return your car; you can get access to the full list on our search form:
Distance :37.6 mi
Distance :48.9 mi
Ashford Train Station
Distance :46.9 mi
London City Airport
Distance :50.2 mi
Distance :22.3 mi
Distance :37.2 mi
London Hyde Park
Distance : 39.6 mi
London Tower Bridge
Distance :28.4 mi
Rent a Car at Gatwick Airport & Explore the Neighborhood in Total Freedom!
Crawley, a small town of West Sussex located in the south of London, has turned into a comparatively bigger industrial hub with time. With some historic libraries, parks, and buildings reflecting its glorious past, the town is now best associated with Gatwick Airport which is nearly 3.1 miles to the north of the center of Crawley. So, if you just want to have a day trip, Crawley is just what you need! From branded store, shopping complexes, cinema halls, nightclubs and more Crawley has everything to make it to your
The airport is also just 48 Km to the South of central London, which is why it is often addressed as London Gatwick as well. A car rental from Gatwick Airport will make it easy get to Crawley and other nearby towns in West Sussex, indeed!
Things to Do near Gatwick Airport
The city of Gatwick offers a big list of attractions that you can easily cover in your London Gatwick Airport rental car. Given below are a few suggestions that you must cover
- Around 16 Km from the airport, it has a variety of flora and awe-inspiring views. It is basically a garden which was developed by Messel family in the later part of the 19th century. Since 1953, it is a National Trust property.
- Nymans Gardens is 12 km from Gatwick Airport (LGW) and the cheapest way to accomplish this trip is by using a rental car as it just takes 13 min.
- Around 27 km from the airport, this beautiful historic castle offers a peek into history and mesmerizes the visitors with its impressive gardens. It was built in the 13th Century and at one time in the history it was the residence of Anne Boleyn – the Queen consort of King Henry VIII.
- Hever Castle is 19 km from Gatwick Airport (LGW) and the most economical way to cover this trip is to drive as it just takes 31 min.
- If theatre, music, comedy, dance, films, and exhibitions are your type of things, Hawth is just your perfect destination! Sprawled over an area of about 38 acres, it is located 7 km from Gatwick airport.
- The Hawth theater is 5 km from Gatwick Airport (LGW) and by using a rental car you can reach the theater in just 8 minutes. It also saves a lot of money when compared to other options like taxis, town cars and buses.
Gatwick Aviation Museum
- If aviation history fascinates you, the Gatwick Aviation Museum is just the right place for you to visit. Here you can see for yourself the British Aircrafts that were manufactured by the biggest brands like English Electric, Avro, Fairey, and Blackburn.
- The Gatwick theater is 4 km from Gatwick Airport and in a rental car, the destination can be reached in just 6 minutes.
Lingfield Park Racecourse
- Established in the year 1890 in the beautiful countryside, Lingfield Park Racecourse is the place where Derby Trial occurs. National Hunt racing, All Weather racing or Flat racing on the turf, here you can witness them all.
- Lingfield Park Racecourse is 11 km from the Gatwick airport, and in a rental car, you can reach destination in just 17 minutes.
- 70 kilometers from the Gatwick airport, Leeds Castle is a must-visit. A tour of this 900 years old castle insides and gardens is a great way to make some great vacation moments. And if you are a Golfer, there is another reason to visit – it has UK’s most unique golf courses.
- The cheapest way to reach Leeds Castle from Gatwick airport is to drive and the drive usually takes 48 min.
Gatwick Airport Overview & Terminal Facilities
Operational since 1933, Gatwick airport is UK’s 2nd busiest airport and is known to provide flights to around 200 destinations in 90 countries, thus making it second only to Heathrow airport.
The airport has two terminals- North and South. These include shops, restaurants, lounges, conference center, multi-faith prayer rooms, bureau de exchange, new baggage system, play area, baby changing and feeding zone.
|Address:||Horley, Gatwick RH6 0NP, UK|
Shops at Gatwick Airport
Accessorize presents the best when it comes to seasonal and electic products.
It provides travel information & booking packages for vacationers as well as business travelers.
Besides children products, health-care, and beauty products Boots also provides baby essentials.
It provides a great assortment of leisure ware in addition to an exceptional clothing line for men.
BOTB gives people the golden chance to win their dream car & all they have to do is pay a few pounds.
Tumi, Rimowa, or Bric’s, it is home to some of the finest luggage brands in the country.
Restaurants & Eating Options at Gatwick airport
Pancakes, sweet corn or burgers, Armadillo menu offers a big list of specialties.
Iced drinks, coffees, and Italian styled food; Caffe Nero’s menu is known for its much-loved offerings.
Its menu serves some of the finest seafood dishes with complementing wine list.
If Middle East food is your love of life, Comptoir Libanais is definitely the place for you!
Roasted Chicken, Creamy Mac & Cheese, and Chorizo Rice are some of its specialties.
Desserts, cold drinks, coffee, sandwiches, soups, & pies are the list of delicacies offered at Eat.
Lounges at Gatwick Airport [LGW]
FAQs - Car Rental Gatwick Airport (LGW)
How to book a cheap car rental at the Gatwick Airport (LGW)?
Book your rental at VIPCars.com to avail the cheapest prices on car rental at Gatwick Airport. Make sure to book the rental well in advance as suppliers tend to have discounted prices for early bookings.
Where to find the Gatwick Airport car rental return location?
To return the car rental at the Gatwick Airport, you just need to follow the signs to the 'Car Rental Return’ and park your car at the designated area. If you have made a round-trip car rental booking then the return location for LGW Airport car rental would remain the same as the pick-up location. As you park the car, you then complete the formalities related to the return. Car rental return information for LGW is mentioned on the confirmation voucher.