Book a Cheap Car Rental at Bogota El Dorado International Airport (BOG)
Book a car rental at VIPCars for your arrival at Bogota El Dorado Airport as we offer a huge variety of cars ranging from luxury to economy car rentals, from well-known suppliers such as Avis Rent a Car, Sixt, Alamo, and Hertz. The highway adjoining the airport, Avenida El Dorado is the fastest highway in the city, so rent a car to enjoy it while driving to your destination from the airport.
Car rental companies at Bogota El Dorado International Airport
Our well-known suppliers provide services of a great quality in order to make the customers happy. This is what makes them the leaders in car rentals.
- Avis Car Rental
- Hertz Car Rental
- Localiza Hertz
Popular car rental types at El Dorado International Airport
Booking an SUV is a good choice if you are travelling to the outskirts of Bogota. In the city, a small car is also apt as it will be a fuel-efficient option. At VIPCars.com, you can choose from a huge variety of car rentals for Bogota Airport, like a minivan if the number of people are 5-7 or a standard-sized car if you are travelling with your family. You can book a luxurious car if you want to leave an impact around you.
About Bogota Airport
El Dorado International Airport, located in Bogota is known as the best airport in South America and one of the best in the world. Being one of the busiest airports, it caters to lots of international and domestic traffic. Being the largest among the airports of Colombia, Bogota airport holds a lot of importance. It is managed by OPAIN. The airport has two terminals, T1 and T2. Bogota airport is open 24*7. The airport offers self check-in services as well.
|Address:||Bogota Airport, Calle 26 #103-9, Fontibon, Bogotá, Colombia|
Reaching Bogota city center from BOG Airport
The city centre is just 15 km away from the BOG airport. Take the Avenida El Dorado (26 street) to go to the downtown. Buses are also available but are congested. A budget car rental in is a wise option as it will take only 20 minutes in normal traffic. Avoid rush hour traffic at any cost. Taxis are not advised in Bogota due to the risks involved. Local cab drivers hold a bad reputation. Bogota has a rapid bus service known as Transmilenio. But the ease of renting a car is unmatched. Take your car rental VIPCars and drive to the downtown to experience the best budget hotels, eateries and other amenities.
What are the facilities at BOG Airport?
- The airport has a vaccination facility from 7am to 7pm on all days of the week. It is advised to get vaccinated if you are heading to the forest area.
- This airport does not have a smoking area.
- The airport has lounges by Avianca and LAN.
- Terminal 1 has a duty-free shopping area, cafes and a large food court.
- You can find car rental desks of our suppliers near the baggage area. So, renting a car is a hassle-free task.
Terminal guide for Bogota Airport
- Terminal 1- An H-shaped terminal for domestic and international traffic.
- Terminal 2- For domestic flights, Puente Aéreo, as formerly known, is also a very important terminal of the country.
Explore Bogota, the capital of Colombia
Bogota is a large city with subtropical highland climate. It is ranked as a “World City” and a “World Book Capital”. Explore the many museums as well as historical galleries. The city is divided into 4 parts: The South, El Sentro, El Occidento and the North. Visit distinct localities like the famous La Candelaria & Chapinero. Go to tourist spots like José Celestino Mutis, La Quinta de Bolivar, Maloka, Colpatria, La Calera, etc. Having brunch at Usaquen and shopping at the flea market on Sunday is a traditional activity. Try local food like Ajiaco or Arepas. Drive to a shopping mall in your car rental. This city is rich in culture and history. The architecture is also remarkable. There are famous parks like Simon Bolivar Park.
Top tips for renting a car at Bogota El Dorado International Airport
- A rented car makes it more convenient for the travellers exploring the city and its surroundings as you do not have to rely on a taxi driver. Drive to the beaches or commute to a monument, your car rental will not let you down. Adventure-seeking travellers can head to the wildlife areas around the city to have a fun-filled experience.
- Do not drink & drive. Stick to speed limits. Use dipped headlights during the day if you drive on the highway.
- Tourists need to have an international driving permit. You should be 23 or above to hire a car in Colombia.
- It is better to go for a paid parking as your car rental will be safe there.
- 123 is the emergency number in Bogota, unlike the rest of the country.
- It is not a wise option to go too far at night, so stick to touristy places for a safer experience.