- Car rental Phuket Airport
- Car rental companies Phuket Airport
- Van rental Phuket
- Cheap car rental Phuket Airport
- Long-term car rental
- Monthly car rental Phuket
- Jeep rental Phuket
- Luxury car rental Phuket Airport
- One-way car rental Phuket
- Car rental locations near Phuket Airport
- Tips for driving car rental in Phuket
- FAQs - Car rental at Phuket Airport
Cheap car rental at Phuket Airport (HKT)
Book a cheap car rental at Phuket Airport (HKT) and explore Phuket like a local. Knowing the comfort a self-drive car provides travelers always prefer to rent a car in Phuket. And why not, Phuket is a big island, that has a lot in store for travelers besides beaches and city attractions, which makes renting a car a wise decision in fact. Car rental in Phuket has been made easier for our customers with filters where you can customize your search according to your rental needs. We recommend you rent a car in advance, that way you would be able to skip the queues at Phuket Airport car rental counters and have the key to the vehicle within minutes after you land.
Car rental in Phuket is one of the most popular ways of traveling around. Local travelers of the country as well as foreign travelers rent cars to experience the ultimate freedom.
Searches related to renting a car in Phuket Airport
- Long term car rentals: Renting a car for a longer duration of time is the best way of ensuring that you save big with no compromises on the car-type you are looking to rent. Long term rentals are offered at great rates by the suppliers.
- Monthly & short-term rentals: In Phuket, many travelers rent cars on month to month basis. And in case you are visiting for a few days, our suppliers provide rentals for short durations too, like, a week, a day or a weekend etc.
Car rental companies at Phuket Airport (HKT)
At VIPCars.com, we negotiate with all leading car rental suppliers at Phuket Airport that provide services inside the airport premises, some of which are listed below.
Car rental desks for the below-mentioned suppliers are inside the Phuket Airport terminal itself.
- Hertz Rent A Car
- Sixt Rent A Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
- National Car Rental
- Budget Rent A Car
- Thai Rent A Car
- Chic Car Rent
Popular types of car rental in Phuket
Luxury car rental Phuket
Mostly preferred by business people, the combined fleet of our car hire partners have all from a BMW, Rolls Royce to Audi and Mercedes.
Jeep rental Phuket
If you want to hop from one beach to the other, in addition to convertibles, many renters go for jeeps for a memorable ride.
Van rental Phuket
Family vacation or business, whatever your travel agenda you can compare a big list of vans and minivans from 7, 8, 9, 12 to 15 passenger vans and minivans, all at one place.
Cheap car rentals Phuket
Economy, compact, mini and sedan cars are the cheapest to rent vehicles and are easily available. They are great for city travel.
Location for returning a car rental near Phuket Airport
If you want to return the rental car at a location other than Phuket Airport, here are a few places in Phuket that you may consider. You can also pick a location outside Phuket, for that just select a location from the drop-down list in the booking form, or call us and our booking experts will be happy to help you in finding a Phuket car rental near you. :
- Phuket Holiday Inn Resort
- Phuket Patong
One-way car rental from Phuket Airport
You can rent a one-way car rental within the locations in Thailand. Cross-country car rental is strictly prohibited. You will have to change the return location for a one-way trip.
Minimum age to rent a car in Phuket
Generally, car rental companies in Thailand allow only 21+ years old drivers to rent cars; however, some suppliers may allow under 21 drivers but in that case, an underage fee is charged. Also, many suppliers rent vans, minivans, and luxury cars only to 25years old and above drivers.
Therefore the minimum age to rent a car in Phuket may vary from supplier to supplier, and the type of car you are planning to rent at Phuket Airport.
About Phuket Airport (HKT)
Phuket Airport is the third busiest airport in Thailand, in terms of both passenger traffic and freight volume. HKT Airport is the primary gateway to Phuket Island- a tourist paradise situated in the southern part of Thailand. Phuket car rentals will help you to explore all nooks and crannies exactly the way to want to.
HKT Airport serves as an operating base to over 10 airlines, handles over 14 million passengers every year and is comprised of two terminals and a single runway. It plays a vital role in promoting travel and tourism in the southern region as well as throughout the kingdom.
|Address:||Phuket International Airport, Mai Khao, Thalang District, Phuket 83110, Thailand|
Key Facilities Available at Phuket International Airport
The following facilities are available in the Arrival and Departure Halls at the HKT Airport:
Popular Attractions near Phuket Airport
Phuket’s key attractions are certainly its pristine beaches, but there’s more to Phuket than that. Here are a few attractions (including beaches) located near Phuket Airport. A rental car in Phuket will give you the freedom to pick the spots you want to visit while driving your way to these wonderful attractions without any hassle:
Raucous nightlife, restaurants, bars and cafes.Fastest Route: Route 402
Cultural Theme Park; Thai Culture Show, and Thai Buffet.Fastest Route: Route 402
The most important Buddhist Temple in PhuketFastest Route: Route 402
Big Buddha Phuket
It’s a magnificent 45-meter tall marble Buddha StatueFastest Route: Route 402
Tips for driving a car rental in Phuket
- You must always have your driver's license while behind the wheel.
- If there are passengers accompanying you, make sure all the passengers are wearing seatbelts.
- Do not exceed the speed limit. It is 60 km/hr on the city roads and 90 km/hr on the highways.
- Phuket Island is full of curves and hills, especially the area near Patong Beach, so always keep vigil and drive carefully.
- Keep an eye on the motorcycles! They are notorious for their inability to follow traffic laws. Be careful!
- In Phuket Town, there are many areas – major beaches and business areas – which have one-way roads, so plan your route accordingly.
- It is easy to find a parking space for your rental car in Phuket, except on some busy roads in Phuket Town and Patong Beach, where you should never park on the roadside unless there is a sign that states that 'you can’.
- For most suppliers, the minimum age to rent a car in Phuket is 21 years. If the renter is any less than 25, they would require to pay a Young Driver’s Charge.
FAQs - Car Rental Phuket Airport
Book a car rental at Phuket Airport with VIPCars to avail the cheapest prices on deals offered by several suppliers situated at the airport. Advance bookings are cheaper than on-the-point bookings so make sure you reserve your rental well in advance.
Yes, you can book a luxury car rental at Phuket Airport. VIPCars.com offers the cheapest-priced rental cars in Thailand, so booking with us will help you save more.
Economy car rental is the most popular car rental type booked at Phuket Airport. With VIPCars you can book an economy car rental while searching and comparing your preferred suppliers.
Documents required to rent a car at Phuket Airport: Driver’s License, International Driving Permit (IDP) if your DL is not in Roman Alphabet and proof of identity (preferably passport). You will also need a credit card in the name of the main driver to pay the security deposit at the time of the rental pick-up.
For car rental return at Phuket Airport, as you approach the airport, look for 'car rental’ signage. Park the car in the designated car parking area and you will need to return the car keys and completed contract to the supplier’s associate.
If you had rented the car the Phuket Airport, the return location would the same as the pick-up location.
For after-hour returns, you will have to drop the keys and contract in the 'Drop-Box.