Cheap Car Rental at Bergamo Airport (BGY)
Search no further if you are looking for a cheap car rental deal for Bergamo Airport. At VIP Cars, we let you compare deals with various car rental brands such as Alamo, Enterprise, Europcar, Firefly, Goldcar, Hertz Car Rental, Locauto Rent, Maggiore, National, Sixt, Sicily By Car, and Target Rent.
VIP Cars' assurance of honest pricing, along with rental inclusions such as, unlimited mileage, collision damage waiver, theft waiver, third party liability insurance, snow chains, airport surcharge, and taxes, make our Bergamo Airport car rental deal an unbeatable one.
Popular Car Rental Companies at Bergamo Airport (BGY)
Rental Car Categories at BGY Airport
We offer a wide range of rental cars for Bergamo Airport, starting from mini to luxury cars. You can further filter the search results according to your preferences. Our carefully planned filters, located on the sidebar, let you select a price range, car categories, rental car suppliers, car specifications, and fuel options.
Popular Attractions in Bergamo
Situated in Italy's north-western region, Bergamo holds the distinction of simultaneously managing two popular tourist areas. On one side we have the Upper City, a 16th-century neighborhood home to several historic landmarks; on the other, we have the Lower City, a place known for its ultra-modern shopping districts.
- Accademia Carrara di Belle Arti
- Museo di Scienze Naturali Enrico Caffi
- Santa Maria Maggiore
- Bergamo Cathedral
- Cappella Colleoni
- San Michele al Pozzo Bianco
Destinations near Bergamo
A rental car from Bergamo Airport unquestionably guarantees the freedom that travelers need the most to discover such a magnificent and diverse region of Italy. Enjoy an unforgettable drive to the below mentioned destinations that are full of awe-inspiring natural surroundings.
124 km northeast of Bergamo
94 km southeast of Bergamo
117 km southeast of Bergamo
197 km southwest of Bergamo
Popular Trips in a Bergamo Car Rental
Thought of hiring a car from Bergamo Airport comes naturally in travelers' minds as the airport is closer to several picturesque locations of Italy. You will not take more than few minutes to reach the city center. As Bergamo is just 43 km northeast of Milan, you can easily reach Milan in less than 1 hour. We have collated a list of top-notch day trip options for you to consider, while you plan a trip to Bergamo.
6 km northeast of Bergamo
Best known for: Vineyard Brugherata
4 km northeast of Bergamo
Best known for: Medieval architecture
43 km northeast of Bergamo
Best known for: Lake Iseo, Port Village
43 km southwest of Bergamo
Best known for: Fashion Stores, Duomo di Milano Cathedral
330 km southeast of Bergamo
Best known for: Piazza del Campo, Chianti Wine Country
278 km northeast of Bergamo
Best known for: Mountain passes, Winter Skiing, Summer Hiking
Introducing Bergamo Airport
Bergamo-Orio al Serio Airport (BGY), also known as Milan-Bergamo, is situated about 4 km southeast of Bergamo. One of the busiest airports of Italy, Bergamo Airport handles more than 9 million travelers every year, with several low-cost airlines concentrating their flight operations at the airport. Other popular airports located nearby BGY are – Malpensa Airport (MXP) and Linate Airport (LIN).
As Bergamo Airport continues to be the most suitable starting point for road trips to Milan, beautiful lakes, and the Italian Alps, majority of travelers prefer to hire a car from here. Bergamo Airport is host to numerous passenger amenities such as:
|Address:||Orio al Serio International Airport, Via Aeroporto, 13, 24050 Orio al Serio BG, Italy|
Facilities at Bergamo Airport
- Tourism Offices
- Rest Lounges
- Duty-free Shopping Arcade
- Currency Exchange Counters
Driving in a Rental Car from Italy to Switzerland
As Lake Lugano in southern Switzerland is quite popular among tourists and located just 121 km northwest of Bergamo, you may embark on a plan to visit that during your trip. Many of our partner suppliers allow cross-country car rentals to Switzerland. Driving to Switzerland from Italy is as effortless as driving around some other Italian city.
Note: Cross-country car rentals in Italy are subject to availability and vary from supplier to supplier.
Bergamo Airport Car Rental Tips
- While some car hire companies are located inside the airport terminal, few have service desks located at an off-site location. Nevertheless, a free shuttle ride from BGY is all you need to reach an off-site car rental service desk.
- Book an air-conditioned rental car if you are planning to visit during May to August, a considerably warmer season in Italy.
- Given the fact that Bergamo remains a busy tourist spot all round the year, it is strongly recommended that you book a rental car for Bergamo Airport much in advance. You will not only get a rental car of your choice, but also a real value for money car rental deal.
- Paying a little extra for GPS helps you a lot to correctly navigate the vastly expanded network of Italian motorways.
- Note that Italy has designated 'Limited Traffic Zones', also known as ZTL, specifically outside the historical centers to control traffic congestion and pollution. Unauthorized driving into any of the ZTL attracts a hefty fine.