Cheap Car Rentals at Barcelona El Prat Airport
Hiring an affordable rental car for Barcelona-El Prat Airport has never been easier. VIPCars offers the cheapest car rentals at Barcelona Airport through several domestic and international suppliers. We are a brand trusted by millions of people, catering to the car rental needs of travelers around the world. On our website, you can put filters according to your requirements and pick the best-suited car rental at BCN Airport within a few clicks.
Booking a rental car at Barcelona Airport comes with all-inclusive pricing through the supplier, with services like unlimited mileage options, collision damage waiver, and theft waiver. We use a user-friendly online car booking engine that clearly shows what you are getting, including critical information about the additional driver, winter tires, one-way car rental from Barcelona Airport, cross-border travel from BCN Airport, and applicable taxes, when you choose us to book a rental car for Barcelona-El Prat Airport.
Use VIP Cars mobile app to book
BCN Airport car rental
- Download our mobile application for free from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store, and book BCN Airport car rental on the go.
- Designed keeping in mind the fast-paced online platform, the VIP Cars mobile app lets you hire a rental car for Barcelona Airport in a matter of few minutes.
- Equipped with a user-friendly interface, the VIP Cars mobile app incorporates full-fledged functionality, including important features of booking cancellation and modification.
Best Car Rental Companies at Barcelona Airport (BCN)
Working with Spain's top car rental suppliers, VIP Cars offers unmatched deals at the lowest prices for Barcelona Airport. Our trusted network of suppliers includes names like Alamo, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, National, Firefly, and Sixt.
Location of Car Rental Desks at Barcelona Airport
Enterprise, Europcar, Firefly, Goldcar, and Hertz operate from their car rental desks at Barcelona Airport located at Terminal 1 & Terminal 2.
Why Book a Barcelona Airport Car Rental?
- First, for a city that offers so much to explore, and is sprawling across 40 sq mi, a rental car from Barcelona Airport is the most suitable way to enjoy sightseeing.
- Second, while relying on public transport for a few of the centrally located attractions sounds bearable, the plan simply fizzles out when you have to drive even a little beyond Barcelona's conventional boundaries.
- Third, renting a car from Barcelona-El Prat gives you immense freedom to plan your trip, giving you several reasons to embark on some unforgettable day trips, besides covering the local attractions.
About Barcelona Airport
One of the busiest airports of Spain, Barcelona-El Prat Airport handles more than 40 million passengers annually. While flights to and from regional destinations constitute as bulk of air traffic at the BCN, the airport does offer some flights to international destinations spanning across North America, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
A popular car hire pick-up location in Spain, BCN Airport has become tourists' first choice for renting a car in Spain's Catalonia region. Driving distance of just 12 km/7 miles from Barcelona Airport to city center also contributes to wider popularity of car hire at El Prat Airport.
|Address:||Barcelona Airport, 08820 El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain|
Barcelona Airport Terminal Facilities
Barcelona Airport consists of 2 passenger terminals – Terminal 1 (T1) & Terminal 2 (T2) – with the latter being further divided into Terminal 2A, 2B, and 2C.
Barcelona Airport Shuttle
As T1 & T2 are about 2.5 miles apart, Barcelona Airport shuttle runs 24/7, providing a free transport facility to passengers going from T1 to T2 and vice versa.
ATMs & Banks
While ATMs are located at multiple locations in T1 & T2, banking and currency exchange facility are available at T1's first floor and T2B's Arrivals Hall.
Top Attractions in Barcelona
A vibrant seaside city, Barcelona is known for its welcoming culture, exquisite architecture, gastronomical finesse, and a fun-filled nightlife. Have a look at the names of Barcelona's most visited attractions:
Sagrada FamiliaCarrer de Mallorca, 401, 08013 Barcelona, Spain
- Famous for its imposing towers and architectural brilliance, this medieval cathedral has been undergoing construction for the past 130 years.
- Requiring you to use stairs as well as elevators, Sagrada Familia's accessible areas include – museum, crypt, shop, nave, and the nativity and passion towers.
Park Guell08024 Barcelona, Spain
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site and a dream-like place that seems to be a fictional artwork, Park Guell is a sublime creation of Spanish architect Antoni Gaudi.
- Crisscrossed by multiple pathways, the landscape garden features mosaic relics, several neatly designed open spaces, and the Gudi House Museum.
Casa MilaProvença, 261-265, 08008 Barcelona, Spain
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Casa Mila, also famous as La Pedrera, is another masterpiece created by Antoni Gaudi.
- Famous for its unusual facade and an unconventional design, La Pedrera also houses a small museum dedicated to Gaudi.
Tibidabo Amusement ParkPlaça Tibidabo, 3-4, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
- One of the oldest functioning amusement parks in Europe, Tibidabo Amusement Park attracts hundreds of tourists every day.
- The 1928 Red Areoplane, featuring a replica of airplane that flew between Barcelona and Madrid, is the most popular ride.
Museu PicassoCarrer Montcada, 15-23, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
- Spread across 5 stone mansions, the Museu Picasso, besides featuring more than 3,000 artworks, includes massive courtyards, elegant staircases, and beautiful galleries.
- While the initial collections at the museum, when it was opened in 1983, were quite a few, the numbers of artwork expanded over the years.
FC Barcelona MuseumCarrer d'Aristides Maillol, s/n, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
- A place known as Vatican of the football fans, the FC Barcelona Museum, along with the Camp Nou, are must-visit places during your stay at Barcelona.
- The museum features multimedia exhibits, touchscreen displays, trophies, and a special section dedicated to Lionel Messi.
Nightlife in Barcelona
As Barcelona is one of the largest metropolitan cities of Spain, it is home to several happening neighborhoods that buzz with life as the sun sets. Whether its live music concert or just a round of drinks you wish to indulge in, the city packs in enough venues to enjoy your daybreak. We provide you with a list of places where you can drive in your BCN Airport car hire and capture the best of Barcelona's nightlife.
Opium BarcelonaPasseig Marítim, 34, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Marula CaféCarrer dels Escudellers, 49, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
RazzmatazzCarrer dels Almogàvers, 122, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
MoogCarrer de l'Arc del Teatre, 3, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Macarena ClubCarrer Nou de Sant Francesc, 5, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Otto Zutz ClubCarrer de Lincoln, 15, 08006 Barcelona, Spain
Popular Day Trips from Barcelona
For a city as grand as Barcelona, any amount of time is less to cover all of its attractions. But in order to spruce up your trip, it is strongly suggested to carve out little time to explore Spain that lies beyond Barcelona's boundaries. As Spain is geographically diverse with beaches and mountains coexisting in between small towns, you can expect a memorable road trip in your El Prat car rental. Check out the list of most popular day trips originating from Barcelona.
Barcelona – Girona
Approx. Distance:103 km/64 mies via AP-7
Forget the time machine! Your road trip to Girona offers a direct route to enter into the 15th century. An imposing cathedral, cobblestone streets, impressively built churches, and centuries-old houses, all these make Girona a place that literally imitates the historic place that you have been dreaming of. Other worth mentioning places include – the 12th-century Arab baths and Romanesque Monestir de Sant Pere de Galligants. The new town area also features several tapas bars and restaurants.
Barcelona – Figueres
Approx. Distance: 138 km/86 miles via AP-7
Another popular day trip destination from Barcelona and a place best known for its treasure trove of architecture, Figueres is worth your time if you are interested in old monuments. Besides the 18th century Castell de Sant Ferran, which dominates its skyline, the town is famous for its toy museum and the Teatre-Museu Dalí. An old theater, the Teatre-Museu Dalí now features a fine collection of jewelry, statues, and paintings.
Barcelona - Sitges
Approx. Distance: 42 km/26 miles via C-32
One of the prettiest seaside towns, Sitges is popular among tourists for its splendid beaches. Besides enjoying the natural beauty, while sitting by calm sea waters, you can also munch nice food as the seafront is dotted with several restaurants. Sitges is also home to some classical buildings as well as museums that are located a bit inside the town. Note that you will have to arrive early on the beach if you want to choose a place of your choice to relax.
Barcelona - Montblanc
Approx. Distance: 119 km/74 miles via AP-7 & AP-2
Road trip to Montblanc from Barcelona is as interesting as the destination itself. Locally known as the Cistercian Route, the road to Montblanc will lead you to a group of 3 beautiful monasteries - Vallbona de les Monges, Poblet, and Santes Creues. Start from Barcelona at the crack of dawn if you want to visit all the three during your day trip. An old walled town, Montblanc offers quite decent options when it comes to dining and staying.
Barcelona – Vic
Approx. Distance: 86 km/53 miles via C-17
Visit Vic for its intriguing historic center and some of the best Spanish restaurants. Besides, the place is also home to Placa Major, a beautiful town square, where you would find several medieval mansions. Vic is also known for its traditional markets, which garners much tourist attention due to the wide range of farm produce that one can buy from there. The Cathedral of St. Peter the Apostle in Vic is another important monument featuring Gothic, Romanesque, neoclassic, and baroque styles.
FAQs - Car Rental Barcelona Airport
As you reach the Barcelona Airport (BCN), you will find the Car Rental Return signs. Park your car rental in the designated area of your supplier and return the keys & documents to the associate. For the after-hour return, you can just search for the drop box. The drop-off address for BCN Airport car rental is also mentioned in the rental voucher as well, you can refer to it for the exact location.
You will require a driver's license, an international driving permit (IDP) if your driver's license is not in the Roman alphabet, a credit card to pay the security deposit, and proof of identity to rent a car at Barcelona Airport.
Book the rental car for Barcelona Airport in advance of your travel day. This will help you to avail cheaper deals and a wider fleet of cars will also be available. VIPCars.com offers guaranteed cheapest car rental prices, so search and compare through us and make a quick booking.
Visit www.vipcars.com to hire a car anywhere in Barcelona, be it Barcelona Airport, downtown, or any other nearby location. Renting a car with us is easy as you can find suppliers offering deals for all the available locations on a single platform.
The minimum age to rent a car at Barcelona Airport may vary from 18 years to 21 years (depending on the car category and supplier). A Young Driver’s Surcharge may also be charged by the suppliers if the renter’s age is less than 25 years.