Book a rental car for San Diego Airport at lowest prices!
Whether you're planning a business trip or a fun-filled holiday in Southern California, rent a car for San Diego Airport for a perfect start. Hiring a car from San Diego Airport gives you an absolute freedom to plan your trip as per your own schedule. Simply complete the short booking form by filling in essential details such as rental car pick up location, travel dates, time, country of residence, and age, and then click 'Search Car'. You will see a list of rental cars available for pick-up at San Diego Airport. You can further narrow down your research by using the filters provided on the left-hand side panel of our website.
Reasons to book a rental car for SAN Airport from VIP Cars
Regardless of the destination you choose, we keep our standards high in terms of rental cars as well as customer friendliness. Our deep understanding of car rental ecosystem makes us a preferred choice for travelers looking forward to hiring a car for San Diego Airport. We offer:
We spare no effort to let you pick the right rental car at San Diego Airport. We provide you with all the relevant information that you need to know before making an online car hire reservation for San Diego Airport. Right from information on rental car-type to its pick up location, we show you all the details, assisting you in making an informed choice.
Low-Cost Car Rentals
You not only get cleaner cars and numerous competitively priced add-ons to choose from but also exclusive low-cost car hire deals for San Diego Airport. Our user-friendly booking engine shows you the best and economical rental cars that justify your commuting requirements after you land at San Diego Airport.
As we continue to be associated with some of the most reputed car hire suppliers at SAN Airport, including Ace, Alamo, Dollar, Europcar, FOX USA, and National Car Rental, you can expect a hassle-free experience. You can choose a rental car for San Diego Airport from a large fleet of compacts and economy cars, intermediate sedans, convertibles, SUVs, minivans, and luxury cars.
Brief information on San Diego Airport
Catering to one of the largest metropolitan areas of the United States, San Diego International Airport is located about 3 miles away from Downtown San Diego. While domestic carriers constitute the bulk of air traffic at SAN Airport, the airport does offer direct flight connectivity to a couple of international destinations scattered across North America, Central America, Asia, and Europe. With nearly 20 million passengers passing through its gates every year, San Diego International ranks among the world's busiest airports.
3225 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
- IATA Airport Code:
- ICAO Airport Code:
San Diego Airport facilities
San Diego Airport offers a range of facilities, some of which are given below:
SAN Airport shuttle service to rental car center
As rental car companies at San Diego Airport are located off-site, you will need to board a shuttle to reach the rental car center. Shuttles leave from Terminal 1 and from traffic island located near Terminal 2. San Diego Airport shuttle bus service operates 24/7 and carries passengers to and from car parking areas as well as terminals.
San Diego Airport terminals information
San Diego International consists of two passenger terminals - Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Divided into 2 parts, East and West, the Terminal 1 includes nineteen gates, numbered from 1A to 1-18. The Terminal 2, also divided into East and West parts, features thirty-two gates, numbered from 20 to 51. All international arrivals are handled at the Eastern part of Terminal 2. Following significant expansion in terminal facilities, San Diego International now features plenty of shops, restaurants, and rest lounges dispersed across its both the passenger terminals.
San Diego Airport parking
San Diego Airport features 4 types of car parking facilities that cater to every sort of traveler arriving at the airport. San Diego Airport car parking options include -
- Valet Parking
Address: 3225 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
- Terminal Lots 1 & 2
Address: Terminal 1 3665 N. Harbor Drive San Diego, CA92101-1022
Address:Terminal 2 3707 N. Harbor Drive San Diego, CA 92101-1040
- Economy Lot
Address: 3365 Admiral Boland Way San Diego, CA 92101
- Long Term Lot
Address: 3015 North Harbor Drive San Diego, CA 92101
- Valet Parking
San Diego Airport rental car center
- Located toward the north of airport premises, the San Diego rental car center houses service desks of Alamo, Dollar, FOX USA, Thrifty Tour rental car companies.
- As the airport shuttle service connects both the terminals with the rental car center, you can reach the facility in few minutes.
- Opt for an advance SAN Airport car hire reservation to bypass the overwhelming crowd at the consolidated rental car center.
Top attractions in San Diego
'America's Finest City', a moniker well deserved by San Diego, is a testimony to its youthful enthusiasm that is found almost everywhere in its vicinity. One of the largest cities in the United States, San Diego manages to pull you toward its touristy sites quite effortlessly. With its geographic boundaries crossing well beyond 900 sq km, travelers find it prudent to hire a car from San Diego Airport. Moreover, for a place well suited for car driving, using a rental car in San Diego will make your sightseeing trip a delightful experience. Check out the list of most popular attractions in San Diego:
San Diego Zoo2920 Zoo Dr, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
- One of the biggest attractions in Southern California, the San Diego Zoo is home to about 3,000 animals belonging to nearly 650 species.
- Spread across 100 acres, the zoo is beautifully landscaped, with animal exhibits closely replicating their natural habitats.
Balboa ParkSan Diego, CA, USA
- Spread across 1,200 acres, Balboa Park features seventeen museums and variety of cultural institutions interlinked by a tram system.
- Notable places include- San Diego History Center, San Diego Museum of Art, San Diego Air & Space Museum, San Diego Natural History Museum, and San Diego Museum of Man.
Mission & Pacific BeachesSan Diego, CA, USA
- One of the best beach areas in Central San Diego, the Mission & Pacific Beaches are sandwiched between Mission Bay and the ocean.
- A great outdoor place, the beach area from Pacific Beach Point to South Mission Jetty remains full of joggers, cyclists, and skateboarders.
SeaWorld San Diego500 Sea World Dr, San Diego, CA 92109, USA
- A famous hangout place for families, the SeaWorld San Diego is a massive animal theme park, aquarium, and a marine mammal park.
- Besides featuring a plenty of animal attractions, the theme park is famed for its shows such as, Orca Encounter, Dolphin Days, Sea Lions LIVE, Pets Rule, and Sea Rescue.
Hotel del Coronado1500 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118, USA
- One of the photographic locations of 1959 blockbuster movie 'Some Like it Hot', the Hotel del Coronado is an iconic resort destination of San Diego.
- Famous for its distinguished architecture that features conical towers, dormer windows, and balconies, Coronado has been hosting important dignitaries.
USS Midway Museum910 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
- The USS Midway Museum, housed in Midway aircraft carrier at Navy Pier, remains the most visited naval warship museum in the United States.
- Facilitated by an audio tour, the museum showcases sleeping quarters, pilots' ready rooms, engine room, flight simulators, and cockpits.
Popular road trips from San Diego
San Diego is undoubtedly the best place to plan a road trip, and with SAN Airport car hire on your side, you can munch as many miles as you can. Check out the list of truly fascinating road trip destinations that you can drive to, while on your trip to San Diego.
San Diego - Big Bear
Approx. Distance:(146 miles via I-15 N and I-215 N)
A no ordinary day trip, your visit to the US capital will be as insightful as you would have expected it to be. Get ready to stay amused as you come across notable landmarks such as, the White House, Arlington Cemetery, Washington Monument, Smithsonian's National Air & Space Museum, and Lincoln Memorial. You'll enter Washington DC after crossing the East Coast states of Maryland, New Jersey, and Delaware.
San Diego - Ojai
Approx. Distance: (203 miles via I-5 N and US-101 N)
Another popular tourism destination, Ojai is best known for its wide range of recreational opportunities. Surrounded by a beautiful mountainous region, travelers' fascination about Ojai is largely attributed to its surreal Spanish architecture, expansive wineries, and Sunday farmers' market that exclusively focuses on organic agriculture.
San Diego - Santa Barbara
Approx. Distance: (238 miles via I-15 N and US-101 N)
Known for its sublime valleys, beautiful mountains, and picture-perfect beaches, Santa Barbara is a perfect destination for holidaymakers. Besides exploring its long coastline, you can also plan a trip to any of the numerous tourist attractions that Santa Barbara is home to. Drive a little further and you'll come across wilderness reserves such as Channels Island National Park and Los Padres National Forest.
San Diego - Las Vegas
Approx. Distance: (332 miles via via I-15 N)
One can't imagine Las Vegas without keeping in mind its glitz and glamor of casinos and happening Vegas strip. But the city is much more diverse, notwithstanding a widely accepted notion that links Vegas with just hotels and gambling hubs. With around sixty well-maintained parks and recreational areas adoring the city, you can't ask for anything more. Simply drive and explore!
San Diego - Kings Canyon National Park
Approx. Distance: (360 miles via I-5 N and CA-99 N)
Get ready for a fairytale experience at the Kings Canyon National Park, the home of General Grove of the giant sequoias. One of the most visited biosphere reserves of the United States, the national park guarantees sheer fun as there are designated camping sites for tourists. Lake Hume is another popular destination located inside the park.
San Diego - Phoenix
Approx. Distance: (355 miles via I-8 E)
Temperate weather and plethora of outdoor activities make Phoenix an exciting destination for your road trip. As the Arizonian capital continues to grow exponentially, the city attracts thousands of leisure tourists. Besides playing a game of golf at the city's famous golf courses, you can enjoy a trip to other notable historic attractions located with city boundaries.