Book an economical car rental deal for Keflavik Airport today!
Book a rental car online for Keflavik Airport well in advance of your arrival for a comfortable ride. Advance online car hire reservation for Keflavik Airport not only saves you from tiring queues at the airport waiting for a public transport, but also gives you an opportunity to grab huge discounts. Explore the Icelandic town of Keflavik in a comfortable rental car booked from VIP Cars and avail the best services. Iceland has always been known for its beauty, and Keflavik doesn’t disappoint in terms of breathtaking sceneries.
Hire a car for KEF Airport in two easy ways
Hire a car for Keflavik Airport from VIP Cars in just a matter of minutes by either entering your details on our booking engine or by calling our booking support helpline.
Online car hire reservation for KEF Airport
You can book a rental car for Keflavik Airport online in just 3 easy steps - search for the available vehicles in the time period of your visit, then compare the various deals offered by different rental car suppliers at KEF Airport, and finally book a rental car of your choice by paying a small security amount online via your credit card.
KEF Airport rental car booking through helpline number
The other option is to call our 24/7 helpline number and our highly trained booking support staff will guide you through the process of hiring a car for KEF Airport without any hassles.
Our rental car suppliers
at Keflavik Airport
VIP Cars works with only the most reliable car rental suppliers at Keflavik Airport, including Ace, Alamo, Dollar Thrifty, Enterprise, Europcar, Lava, National, and Route1 Car Rental, to bring you the widest variety of vehicles at the most economical rates. Ace, Europcar, and Route1 Car Rental operate their service desks at the airport terminal.
Important documents for Keflavik Airport rental car pick up
The following documents are needed at the time of pick up of the rental car at Keflavik International Airport. Other than these, if any additional documents are required, they will be mentioned in the rental voucher sent to you via e-mail.
- Driver’s license
- Credit card in the name of the designated driver
- Identity proof/passport
- Car rental confirmation voucher
As a precaution, all the necessary documents must be carried while driving the rental car at all times.
Brief information on Keflavik International Airport
Located about 3 km from the town of Keflavik, the Keflavik International Airport is also known as Reykjavík-Keflavík Airport. The airport handles only international flights (except to Akureyri), while the domestic flights are handled by Reykjavík's domestic airport.
Consisting of three runways and one large passenger terminal, KEF Airport handles nearly 6 million passengers on an average annually. Serving as a major aviation hub for WOW air and Icelandair, KEF Airport offers direct flight connectivity to number of airports across Europe and North America.
|Address:||Keflavík International Airport, 235, Iceland|
Passenger facilities at KEF Airport
Keflavik Airport offers various facilities for the convenience of the passengers; some of them are listed below:
- Free Wi-Fi, internet kiosks at multiple locations, and two post boxes.
- ATMs and bureaux de change at various points in the terminal.
- More than 100 mobile charging stations across the terminals.
- Showers, smoking zone, left luggage facilities, children’s playing area.
Shopping at Keflavik Airport
The entire floor space of Keflavik Airport is home to a number of retail outlets that are engaged in selling a wide range of products, including the actively sought-after duty-free merchandise.
The duty-free retail store sells a wide range of cosmetic items, wines, and beauty products.
The retail store features an extensive assortment of glasses, contact lens, and accessories.
The electronics store sells a variety of mobile phones, tablets, speakers, and accessories.
Besides a selection of famous books, the store sells souvenirs and a range of travel equipment.
The health spa sells wellness products made from the natural healing lagoon's geothermal water.
The retail store is known for its beautiful collection of Icelandic handicraft and other products.
The apparel store is engaged in selling a wide variety of clothes for different weather conditions.
The high-end fashion boutique features an exquisite collection of clothes from leading designers.
The store sells a selection of best-selling books, souvenirs, and a range of travel essential items.
The duty-free retail outlet stocks an extensive collection of cosmetic products, candies, and liquor.
Dining at Keflavik Airport
Whether you're looking for a small snack or an authentic Icelandic meal, Keflavik Airport offers plenty of dining options.
The food joint is known for its refreshing shakes, freshly squeezed fruit juices, and sandwiches.
The cafe is known for its variety of coffee, Italian ice-creams, bread, pastries, and beverages.
The bar is popular for serving the best beer range from the Borg brewery, alongside other snacks.
The world-famous food retail chain sells a variety of donuts besides other desserts and snacks.
The restaurant is known for its authentic Icelandic menu and a variety of hot and cold beverages.
The restaurant offers a variety of Icelandic dishes and alcoholic as well as non-alcoholic drinks.
The restaurant offers a wide variety of snacks and pizza available with customizable toppings.
The feel-at-home-inspired cafe is known for its variety of hot and cold beverages and snacks.
Lounge at Keflavik Airport
The Icelandair Saga Lounge offers luxurious settings where you can wait for your flight and, also, at the same munch delicious snacks. Besides being accessible to gold, silver, and economy-class travelers of Icelandair, the lounge is open for the cardholders of American Express, MasterCard World Elite, MasterCard Platinum, Lufthansa Senator Gold, and Alaska Airlines MVP Gold.
Top attractions in Keflavik
A rental car from KEF Airport and a beautiful terrain to drive are two perfect things to make most of your time in Keflavík. Besides enjoying the best of seafood at any of the classic restaurants, you can certainly look forward to a memorable trip as the town is home to worth seeing touristy attractions. Check out the names of most visited places in Keflavík:
Duus Hus Cultural CentreDuusgata 2-8, 230 Reykjanesbær
- Encompassing a rich collection of historic buildings such as museums, concert halls, art galleries and much more, the cultural center offers great insights into region's architectural heritage.
- Notable attractions include – Reykjanes Heritage Museum, the Reykjanes Maritime Museum, and the Reykjanes Art Gallery.
The Icelandic Museum of Rock 'n' RollHjallavegur 2, 260 Reykjanesbær
- Attracting tourists in large numbers since its inauguration in 2014, the Icelandic Museum of Rock 'n' Roll displays the history of rock and roll in Iceland from 1830 to the present time.
- Soundlab and Paul Oscar exhibition is museum's latest addition that besides providing a detailed account of his achievements, lets you sing and even remix his songs.
Viking World Museum1, Víkingabraut, 260 Keflavík
- A beautiful exhibition center located near Njardvik's eastern end, the Viking World Museum is a replica of Gokstad ship that was excavated in 1882 in Norway.
- Dedicated to the Viking Age, the museum acquaints visitors with the history and the lifestyle of the Vikings who existed a thousand years ago.
- A fisherman's cottage abandoned since 1924, Stekkjarkot is a popular folk museum. Built from timber and stone, the place features floorboard, living rooms, and a kitchen.
- Your visit to cottage will infuse you with a great deal of knowledge about region's history and living style of its dwellers.
The Giantess in the MountainBakkavegur | Harbour, Keflavik
- Situated in Grof's marina and surrounded by beautiful natural surroundings, The Giantess in the Mountain is based on a fictional character created by Herdis Egilsdottir.
- The Black Cave, which happens to be the final resting place of the giantess sitting on a rocking chair, is depicted as her final advent into the Town of Reykjanes.
Driving tips for planning a road trip from Keflavik
- Weather - The best time to enjoy driving in Iceland is May - August. As the weather is very unpredictable, traveling in winter is a little difficult because of the freezing temperature and slushy roads.
- Navigation - Make sure you hire a GPS navigation system with your KEF Airport car hire. The long scenic routes can be distracting and you certainly don’t want to miss or take a wrong turn!
- Money - Although it is advisable to carry both cards and cash on any trip, almost every place in Iceland accepts cards so you can easily drive without carrying any cash.
- Stay - Areas in and around Keflavik offer many hotels and B&B options for a comfortable stay and it is advisable to book one early if you’re visiting in the high season.
- Driving - Prepare yourself for a beautiful but wary ride as driving in Iceland can be challenging at times. A 4x4 SUV car hire from KEF Airport is advisable if you’re planning an off-road trip.