Looking for a budget car rental at Hamburg Airport?
To book a cheap car rental at Hamburg Airport, VIPCars.com is the best option. We offer the most economical prices and wonderful services. We proudly associate with the best brands in the market like Hertz & Sixt. VIPCars offers free Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), 24*7 free customer support and free cancellation before 24 hours from the pickup time. We make your booking easier.
Germany specializes in car manufacturing, so you must rent a car to enhance your experience. Germans have a special place for cars in their lives. You can go for either a luxury or budget car rental.
Car rental suppliers at VIPCars.com:
One of the most reliable car rental brands.
A leading American brand.
A European brand known for its fast service
A premium brand serving many locations.
The pioneer in online car rentals.
A reliable car rental brand.
A brand known for good service.
Type of Cars Available at VIPCars.com
Go for a smaller car if your trip will be small and the passengers are few. Renting for a longer time calls for an SUV or a luxury car, especially, if you are travelling with family.
- Vans or Minivan
How to book a car rental at Hamburg Airport?
- Choose Hamburg Airport for pick-up. Choose any location for drop off.
- Set a preferred date and time for your car rental pickup and drop-off.
- Click “Search Car” to get the list of available car rentals at VIPCars.
- You can set your local currency get the prices in your own currency.
- Compare the available car rentals.
- Select a car rental.
- Add extras like child seat and GPS. Add your flight number to adjust the car rental pickup time according to your flight status in cases of delay.
- Make a partial payment in advance. Pay the full amount when you actually get the car rental. Booking a car rental was never so easy!
Germany Car Rental Tips
- Foreigners should have a translated driving license. For car rentals, the license must be held for at least 1-3 years. If your license mentions only automatic transmission then you cannot drive a manual car. Most of the cars in Germany are manual.
- Germany is very strict about rules and foreigners have to pay a hefty fine for violations. You cannot use a mobile phone even on stoppages unless on a hands-free set.
- Avoid driving during rush hours.
- Germans drive on the right hand side of the road.
- Germans drive very fast. Be extra careful while overtaking and do it only in the left lane.
- Always wear a seat-belt.
At VIPCars.com, you can add extra facilities like GPS to your car rental. During winter, book a car rental with tires equipped for snow. There are usually free parking services, find them online from any car parking map. There are Park and Ride services, meaning, you can reach a location by your vehicle, park it and then go further using public modes. So, rent a car in style from VIPCars for a more convenient experience. Plan harbour tours. Travel by your car rental to enjoy the boat rides. Touring the beautiful city in your car rental will intensify your travel experience. Experience the unique highway- the Autobahn, to visit a neighbouring city.
Enjoy the independence of having a personal rented vehicle with VIPCars.
Hamburg Airport Arrival
Hamburg Airport is the International airport of Hamburg. Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 are the two terminals at HAM airport which are connected to the Airport Plaza and baggage claim area. The Airport Plaza has security checks along with all the refreshing services like food and lounges as well as the S-Bahn station. HAM airport is advanced and well-equipped with all the facilities.
Flughafenstr. 1-3, 22335 Hamburg, Germany
- IATA Airport Code:
- ICAO Airport Code:
Facilities at Flughafen Hamburg
The airport has a wide range of shopping brands like Hugo Boss and Victoria’s Secret at Departure (Level 1) & Arrivals (Level 0).
Passengers enjoy a variety of restaurants like McDonald’s, Starbucks, etc. in mostly all the areas of the airport.
Lounges, Pharmacies, Dentists, Children’s play area, Travel agencies, Banks and Smoking cabins are just a few of the many services available at HAM airport.
Find the car rental counters of our suppliers on Level 0 (Arrivals), Terminal 2. They will be ready with your preferred car rental if you book with VIPCars.com.
Hamburg Points of Interest
One of the major attractions in Hamburg is Miniatur Wunderland. It showcases miniature train models and is the largest in its type. You can buy the tickets online for your convenience as there is usually a queue.
The German word means “city of warehouses”. A must-visit for lovers of culture as it's the largest warehouse district in the world. It features buildings standing on oak logs and neo-gothic brick architecture. It's a contrast to Hamburg's modern steel and glass constructions.
With 9 roller-coasters, Heide Park is one of the largest theme parks in Germany and the most-visited one. 50 attractions, a hotel and a camp make the theme park an interesting place to visit. There are themed shows, Germany's only winged roller coaster, etc.
An iconic zoo in Stellingen, Hamburg, with many attractions, is an ideal place to visit for the adventurous tourist. The zoo features around 2000 species of animals. You can enjoy a show or an activity related to animals. It is one of the best zoos in Europe.
An ideal place for art lovers and one of the largest museums in Germany. The art museum, derives its name from it's history. Kunsthalle means "art hall". Artwork, art collections and events adorn the museum this museum. "The Sea of Ice" by Caspar David Friedrich is one of the famous works in Kunsthalle Hamburg.