Save Big by Booking Your Wellington Airport (WLG) Car Rental with VIP Cars
Planning to visit Wellington, New Zealand? Book a car rental for Wellington Airport (WLG) with VIP Cars and discover Wellington as never before! They say a car rental is definitely the best way to explore the spell bounding Wellington! And why not! With a car rental at your beck and call, you can spend your holiday time in Wellington to the fullest, in complete freedom, and as per your own schedule!
VIP Cars’ partner suppliers offer a great fleet which allows us to cater to the needs of many passengers, when it comes to quality, variety and economical prices. Therefore, by booking your Wellington Airport car rental with VIP Cars, you can save a lot of money with no compromises on quality! So don’t wait much, book a car rental for WLG Airport, for without it your trip will not be a trip at all in the truest sense.
VIP Cars Suppliers Which Offer Wellington Airport Car Rental Deals
Following are our partner suppliers which provide quality car rental deals for Wellington Airport:
- Ace Rental Cars
- Apollo Car Hire
- Go Rentals
WLG Airport Car Rental – Offered Car Categories:
Our supplier’s offer the following car categories for hire at Wellington Airport:
Wellington Airport Car Rental – FAQs
How old do I have to be to hire a car at Wellington Airport, NZ?
You need to be at least 21 years old to rent a car at Wellington Airport, NZ. However, note that the age requirements can be different for a specific supplier; it also depend on the car category you are going to book.
You can have a better idea by calling us at our booking helpline number.
What is included in my Wellington Airport car rental’s deal?
Though the inclusions covered in the deal vary from supplier to supplier, here are a few common inclusions that are usually offered with almost every Wellington Airport car rental deal offered at VIP Cars:
- Unlimited Mileage
- Collision Damage Waiver
Can I leave my WLG Airport car rental at a different location in Wellington?
Yes, you can return your Wellington Airport car rental at any of the following locations within Wellington:
- Wellington Downtown
- Wellington Ferry Port
The return address will be provided by the supplier at the time of pickup.
Can I travel one way and leave my WLG Airport car rental in Picton?
Yes, our partner suppliers – like Ace rent a car – allow the renters to travel one-way to Picton where you can drop the car at the address provided by the supplier.
Also note that since you need to travel by ferry to reach Picton, in most of the cases, your Wellington Airport car rental will be permitted to be taken on a ferry, and the ferry charges will be covered in the car rental’s quoted price.
Will I be able to rent a Diesel car for Wellington Airport?
It totally depends upon the supplier from whom you are booking your Wellington Airport car rental. You can contact our booking support team at +1-914-368-0091 or +44-208-196-9510 for any sort of guidance that you need.
Can I book an automatic or a manual car for WLG Airport?
Yes, almost all of our partner suppliers in NZ offer automatic as well as manual car rentals for Wellington Airport.
Do you accept Debit Cards?
Most of the suppliers don’t accept debit cards; you will have to produce a valid credit card in your name to successfully rent a car at Wellington Airport.
Can I return my WLG Airport car rental early?
If you are going to return your Wellington Airport car rental early and would like to get a refund for the unused days, you need to notify your car rental supplier about the change in plan, at least at a 2 days’ notice.
What happens if I return my car late?
If you know that you are going to be late in returning your Wellington Airport car rental, you need to notify the supplier and can get the car rental extended for the same rate at which you booked it. But if you fail to notify the supplier, you will be liable to pay the late fee (which also depends upon the car rental supplier).
Can I hire a car for WLG Airport on a restricted or provisional license?
No, you can’t rent a car for Wellington Airport on a restricted or provisional license.
Wellington Airport (WLG) – Overview
Located in Wellington’s Rongotai suburb, Wellington Airport is an International airport which is co-owned by Infratil and Wellington City Council. It is the third busiest airport in NZ after Christchurch and Auckland Airport, and is served by carriers like Air New Zealand, Fiji Airways, Qantas and Jetstar airways.
Wellington Airport Facilities
Wellington Airport Free Wifi
Wellington Airport offers free Wifi to its customers. Just switch on your Wifi connection, select the “WLG Airport Free Wifi”, a popup page will appear, follow the instructions and you are good to go.
Wellington Airport Lounges:
- Air New Zealand Koru Lounge: It is located on the southwestern end of the domestic terminal after the centralized security.
- Air New Zealand Regional Koru Lounge: This lounge is also located at the south end of the main terminal, but, before the central security; this is for the passengers who are traveling in regional Air New Zealand flights.
- Air New Zealand Lounge: It is located after customs and security checks; all you have to do is take a right turn on reaching JR Duty-Free.
- Qantas Lounge: Located airside in the International Departures area, the lounge is open to members only.
- The Rock: The Rock is dual, international as well as domestic departure lounge and has a seating for 660 passengers.
Wellington Airport Duty-free Shop:
JR Duty free
Located in International Departures, JR Duty free provides a big range of products from wines, to electronics to makeup, fragrance, confectionary and liquors.
Others shops like JR duty-free: Sunglass Hut, 3 Wise Men, Relay, Antipodes, Trenery, M.A.C Cosmetics, Vodafone, Icebreaker Touch Lab, and Witchery.
Wellington Airport Food Shops:
- Best Ugly Bagels, Location: Level 1 - Mezzanine
- Billie Chu; Location: Level 1 - Mezzanine
- The Bean Hive; Location: Level 1 – Mezzanine
- Curry Capital; Location: Level 1 - Mezzanine
- Cook Strait Bar; Location: Level 1 - Mezzanine
- Donut King; Location: Level 1 – Mezzanine
- Fresh Bites; Location: Level 1 – Mezzanine
- Fuel Espresso; Location: Level 1 – Mezzanine
- Mojo; Location: Level 1 – Mezzanine
- Red Rocks; Location: Level 1 – Mezzanine
- Subway; Location: Level 0 - Ground
- Wishbone; Location: Level 0 - Ground
- Orb; Location: Level 1 – Mezzanine
Wellington Airport Currency Exchange
Wellington Airport’s Travelex makes it easy for the travelers to buy and sell currency. Available to International travelers, WLG Travelex accepts and sells 40 currencies and remains available to the travelers 365 days a year.
Wellington, New Zealand – Points of Interests
- The best way to enjoy panoramic views of Wellington is via the scenic cable car which is also the most noted tourist attractions in Wellington.
- Wellington has some of the finest museums in the country; its stunning Papa Museum is counted among the largest Museums of the world. It is the perfect place to know the true essence of NZ’s culture (Maori and colonial) and history, through great interactive exhibitions.
- Some of the most outstanding architectural highlights in Wellington include names like the parliamentary building named Beehive, its huge National Library and the old Government building- which is one of the World’s largest wooden buildings.
- Shoppers can shop to their heart’s content at Wellington’s vivacious Cuba Street, where you can find everything from the souvenirs to designer clothing.
Best Day trips from Wellington, NZ
Make the best use of your Wellington Airport car rental and enjoy the best of Wellington through these following day trips, which are some of the best in NZ:
Wellington to ‘Martinborough and the Wairarapa region’
Driving time from Wellington: It is about 1.5 hour's drive (one-way) via SH 2
Highlights: Wines, especially Pinot Noir; lovely cycling opportunities; quality food and charming architectural marvels
Wellington to ‘Picton & Marlborough’
Driving time from Wellington: It is approximately 4-hour journey (one-way) via Interislander Cook Strait FerryWhy you should visit it?
First of all the ferry trip is just out-of-the-world and the destinations Picton – a small town with its lovely waterfront – and Marlborough – full of wineries – are just amazing!
Wellington to ‘Kapiti Island’
Driving Time from Wellington: About 1-hour drive from Wellington to Paraparaumu Beach from where you will need to take a 15-20 minute ferry ride (one-way)Why go?
It is the best place if you want to see some of the unique but endangered bird species and a breathtaking forested island environment.
Multi day trip ideas from Wellington:
If you have 2 to 4 days in NZ, the following are not only the best road trips out there, but are totally doable!
You can easily accomplish one of these in your Wellington Airport car rental!
Day Trip from Wellington to ‘Nelson & Abel Tasman’
Driving time from Wellington: 3-hour ferry ride, followed by 2-hour drive (one-way)Why go?
This part of NZ is best known for its warm climate and some of the best national parks; it also offers a handful of wineries and unique attractions
Day Trip from Wellington to ‘Hawke's Bay & Napier’
Driving Time from Wellington: 4.5-hour drive (one-way) via SH 2Why go?
Where Hawke’s Bay is said to be NZ's premier wine region; a great place for food and all, Napier offers an intriguing Art Deco architecture, and much, much more!
Day Trip from Wellington to ‘Christchurch’
4-day Trip; driving time from Wellington: about 11 hrs via State Highway 1, excluding time on ferriesCities to Cover on the Way:
The trip allows you to visit various other gorgeous places in NZ, namely Picton, Marlborough Sounds, Hanmer Springs and finally Christchurch!