Find exclusive Car Rental deals for Santiago Chile Airport with VIP Cars
Looking for a low-priced car rental in Chile for Santiago Airport aka Arturo Merino Benitez Airport (SCL)? Book your Santiago Airport car rental with VIP Cars using an easy to use booking form and plan your travel itinerary in advance.
On VIP Cars, you can book your car rental deal for Santiago chile airport (SCL) by comparing deals from top suppliers at one place. Our booking engine consist of three steps – search, compare and reserve – so all you have to do is fill the booking form with the travel dates, click on the search button and compare the deals using the filters. The filters appear on the second page of our booking form and helps you narrow down the deals on the basis of your preferred supplier, car category and the transmission mode that you favor. In addition to the filters, you can also compare on the basis of inclusions that are made visible with each and every deal that you will see on our booking engine. Book Today & save big!
Car rental companies We Work with at Santiago chile airport (SCL)
We work with the top car hire companies for the location – Arturo Merino Benitez Airport. Eight car rental suppliers have their desks at SCL Airport’s Public airport lobby, First level. Out of the eight, the following 5 are VIP Car’s partner suppliers: Sixt, Europcar, Econorent, Hertz, and Alamo.
Roads and Regulations in Chile
These are the following things that you should keep in mind while driving your Santiago Airport car rental in Chile:
Driving Rules, Dos, Don’ts and Other Things to Keep in Mind
- Chile follows Vienna Convention when it comes to road signals; therefore, it is highly unlikely that you will find anything out of the ordinary while driving on Chilean roads.
- Avoid Right-hand turns at red lights; they are mostly prohibited unless otherwise signed.
Driving in Santiago
In Santiago, every main road has a lane which is meant exclusively for buses and taxis only. Separated by a yellow median these lanes might be off limits for the normal cars, therefore try to keep your Arturo Merino Benitez Airport car rental away from them.
Also, keep in mind that during rush hours sometimes the main roads change their driving direction and the traffic is allowed to run only in one direction on all lanes.
While driving your SCL Airport car rental in Santiago or any other place in Chile, keep these speed limits in mind
- In towns, keep the speed between 40 km/h and 60km/h
- On town highways, the speed limit is 100 km/h
- On the motorways, you will need to keep the speed between 100 km/h and 120 km/h
Child Safety Rules
If the child travelling with you is under four years of age, you will need to seat the child in the rear of your car in a proper child restraint system. With VIP Cars you can easily rent one with your Santiago Airport car rental at the time of booking for a small fee.
All the children under 12-year must also travel in the rear and should wear a seat-belt.
Toll Roads in Chile
It will not be wrong to say that Chile is the land of toll roads! There are plenty of them.Since most of the tolls are collected electronically, locals make use of an electronic tag in their cars.
Since you will be crossing them in your Santiago car rental, if you can get the device arranged by the supplier, well and good, if not you can still pay with cash or a credit card!
Some Emergency Numbers
Keep the following emergency numbers at hand while cruising around Chile in your Santiago Airport car rental
- Police: 133
- Ambulance: 131
- Fire Department: 132
Suggested Road Trips from Santiago, Chile
This section brings you some of the most popular road trips - within Chile and beyond - that you can enjoy with your SCL Airport car rental.
It is the world's most loved road trip, best known for its breathtaking scenic views. And since for the trip you will be crossing the border in your Santiago Airport car rental, there are a few things you will have to take along to successfully reach the spectacular wine field of Mendoza from Santiago.
- First of all, you will need a notarized permission letter from the supplier with which you have booked your Santiago Airport car rental that authorizes you to take the car from Chile to Argentina
- Then, you will need a special type of insurance for cross-border traveling, something that your car rental supplier can definitely help you with.
- And lastly, when you cross the border, make sure that your custom forms are safe as they are the proof of when the car last crossed the border, in case you are stopped for checking.
If you want to enjoy a road trip in your Santiago Airport car rental without any need to cross the borders, the drive from Santiago to Puerto Montt is certainly the best road trip out there. A must, must try!!!
Best Things to see on the Drive from Santiago to Puerto Montt (PM)
Since it is such a long Drive you can split the drive over three days as it will allow you to see numerous things worth visiting on the drive.
- Visit Vina del Mar for a day, a resort city to the northwest of Santiago and enjoy its mesmerizing offerings
- Next day you can visit Chile’s most famous horse ranch- Hacienda Los Lingues. Here you can have lunch while enjoying its enthralling 'cowboy’ horse show. You can stay if the ranch is not full or can drive to the city of Chillan.
- From Chillan you can drive south which is home to some cute little cities and towns, but don’t forget the city of Temuca. After that drive, spend the night enjoying the city of Frutillar located on Lake Llanquihue.
- After that head straight to PM, and explore all that you like but don’t forget the world-renowned Andes Lakes trip to Bariloche, at any cost!!
Can I drop off my Santiago Airport car rental at some other place in Santiago?
Yes, one-way rental is possible with VIP Cars as many of its partner suppliers allow it. The following are the locations, where you can drop off your Arturo Merino Benitez Airport car rental.
Nueva Las Condes
Santiago Business Center
Santiago La Dehesa
Santiago Sheraton Hotel
Arturo Merino Benitez Airport Information:
Chile’s busiest Airport, Arturo Merino Benitez Airport is located in Pudahuel which is 15 kilometers away from the Santiago Downtown. Also known as Santiago International Airport and Pudahuel Airport, it provides both domestic as well as international flights to various destinations in Americas, Oceania, and Europe.
Its scheduled flights by Iberia, KLM, Alitalia, Air France, and British Airways are some of the longest routes from their respective bases in Madrid-Barajas Airport, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Amsterdam-Airport Schiphol, Rome-Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport and London-Heathrow Airport.
|Address:||Arturo Merino Benítez Airport, Pudahuel, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile|
Santiago Airport Facilities
Below listed are the Lounges at SCL Airport, which offer varied services ranging from 'food & rest' options to leisure activities
Lounges at Santiago Airport (SCL)
- VIP LATAM Lounge : International terminal, 4th level, departure area
- VIP Pacific Club Lounges :International terminal, 3rd level, Gate 20A
- Voyage : International terminal, 3rd level, Gate 17
- VIP Delta Sky Club Lounge : International terminal, 3rd level, Gate 17A and Gate 18B
- VIP American Airlines (Admirals Club Lounge) : International terminal, 3rd level, Gate 17A and Gate 19en
- VIP Avianca Lounge : International terminal, 2nd level
- Pacific Club : International terminal, 2nd level
SCL Airport offers free unlimited Wifi connection, each session lasts 30 minutes after which you can reconnect again.
Banco Santander offers effective financial services at SCL Airport
Location: Public airport lobby, second level
Car Rental Desks
Eight car rental suppliers have their desks at SCL Airport’s Public airport lobby, First level. Out of the eight, the following 5 are VIP Car’s partner suppliers: Sixt, Europcar, Econorent, Hertz, and Alamo.
Shops and Food
Restaurants, wine & liquor, handicraft, souvenir, bars, coffee shops, World Duty-free or toy stores, SCL Airport offers a bevy of shopping and eating places to cover the needs of all range of travelers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Old do I have to be to rent a car at Santiago Airport, Chile?
The renter needs to be at least 21 years of age to rent a car in Chile, however, note that the age requirements tend to vary with the change in the car category. The renter is only allowed to rent if he has a valid license which he has held for over a year at least.
Do I need to have an International Driving License to drive in Chile?
It is not a necessity. The driving license issued by your home country is enough for you to rent a car at Santiago Airport, Chile. However, if your license is not in the Roman alphabet (i.e. if it is in Greek, Chinese or Arabic etc) in that case you will need an International Driving License.
What Documents do I need to carry while driving a Car rental in Chile?
The following documents should be with you when you are out driving your Santiago Airport car rental on Chile’s roads:
- The driver’s license issued by your native country and IDP
- Your passport and Car Rental documents