Cheap car rental at Zadar Airport (ZAD) with VIP Cars
Book a car rental for Zadar Airport (ZAD) from VIP Cars and start exploring Zadar – the ultimate gateway to the thousands of Croatian Islands – as soon as you land in Croatia.
Since there is so much to cover in Zadar, a car rental is definitely the best choice of commute. Whether it is the Sea Organ, the Greeting to the Sun, People’s Square, Rector’s Palace, Foša or Kalelarga, or historic gems like 11th century St. Mary’s Convent, St. Anastasia’s Cathedral, and pre-Romanesque Church of St. Donatus, a car rental ZAD will allow you to explore Zadar on your own terms. So, choose to book your Zadar airport car rental with us and let VIP Cars help you in finding that perfect deal. Book your car hire today and make a beeline for a memorable trip from Zadar Airport (ZAD).
Car Rental Companies at Zadar Airport (ZAD)
The following car rental suppliers are associated with VIPCars offering car rental pick-up and drop-off services at Zadar Airport.
- Dollar Thrifty
Documents required for car rental pick-up at Zadar Airport (ZAD)
To successfully pick-up your rent a car at Zadar Airport, you will need to present the following documents at the car rental desk:
The driving license must be issued in your name by the country of your residence. It must be valid in Croatia, and if not you will need to show the International Driving Permit.
Credit Card and ID Proof
Besides the driving license, you will also need to present a valid credit card and an identification document – in its place you can also show your passport. In case you are renting a luxury car, it is possible that the supplier may ask for a second credit card.
Zadar Airport Car Rental (ZAD)
Basic Driving Rules in Croatia
Speed Limits in Croatia:
- Inhabited areas 50 km/h
- Outside inhabited areas 90 km/h
- Highways and major roadways 110 km/h
- Motorways 130 km/h
Car Rental Driving Regulations
- In winters, driving with dipped headlights is a compulsion.
- One can't use mobiles while driving on the Croatian roads!
- Wearing seat belts is a compulsion; therefore, every passenger whether sitting in the front or the back seats should wear seat belts while moving about in their Zadar Airport car rental.
- A reflective sleeveless jacket is an obligatory part of every vehicle’s emergency equipment. The driver is obliged to keep it within close proximity and must also wear it when outside the car in the case of breakdown, while seeking help etc.
Car Rental Driving Tips
- Since petrol stations are scarce and far apart, you can keep track of their locations by using the Croatian Auto Club’s interactive travel map.
- Croatia also has roadside tolls, so make sure that you always have spare change with you. You can know about their locations and charges at 'The Croatian Highways website’.
- Since the minimum driving age in Croatia is 21 years, make sure that you are always carrying the appropriate ID while driving.
Zadar Airport (ZAD) – Overview
Zadar Airport is an International airport located in the Zemunik Donji municipality of Croatia and serves the beautiful city of Zadar, whose center sits just 8 kilometers from the airport. Numerous airline carriers like Easy Jet, Eurowings, Ryanair, Luxair and Titan Airways, provide flights for both national and international destinations.
Used by airlines like Croatia Airlines, EasyJet, Flybe, and Australian Airlines, it acts as the hub for Ryanair. It is through these airlines that it provides scheduled regular as well as seasonal flights to 16 European destinations around the globe; Germany, UK, France, Ireland, Denmark, Belgium, Sweden, and Norway are the countries covered by ZAD Airport.
|Address:||Zadar Airport, 23222, Zemunik Donji, Croatia|
|Zadar Airport IATA Code:||ZAD|
Top Tourist Attractions in Zadar
Church of St. Donatus
A mind-blowing pre-Romanesque structure.
A big ornate church with an equally amazing bell tower.
It is a beautiful island in the Adriatic Sea.
Muzej Antičkog Stakla
It is a great place if you want to explore Zadar's history.
(ZAD) Zadar Airport Car Rental – Frequently Asked Questions
You can reserve your Zadar Airport car rental (ZAD) through any of the following paths:
- Book Online at www.vipcars.com, or
- Send your inquiry by e-mail to email@example.com, or
- Make a phone booking by calling VIP Cars' 24/7 booking support team.
You can choose your Zadar Airport car rental from the following offered car categories:
Though every supplier offers a different set of inclusions, here are a few common ones that you can expect to find with your Zadar Airport Car Rental:
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
- Unlimited Mileage
- Third Party Liability (TPL)
- Theft Wavier (THW)
- Airport Surcharge
VIP Cars' associate suppliers are known to offer their clients with assistance at the time of need.
In the case of an unlikely event - an accident or breakdown, you can contact the supplier on the numbers printed on the rental voucher. However, note that in the case of an accident don't forget to call the police and make sure that you provide a full account of the circumstances in which the accident occurred, by filing the accident report form.
If your supplier is offering 3rd party liability, well and good, otherwise buy Supplemental Liability Protection from your car rental agency. This is so because the 'Collision Damage Waiver’ inclusion only covers the damages to the car rental you have booked, not the other vehicle(s) with which the collision occurred.
The renter must be at least 21 or over to be eligible to rent a car for Zadar Airport or any other location in Croatia.
Yes, but there might be some additional charges as you will have to add the person as the Additional Driver. These charges may vary from supplier to supplier and the additional driver will only be allowed to drive if he/she fulfills the age, driving license and credit card requirements set by that specific car rental supplier.
Yes, you can modify your Zadar Airport car rental by visiting the 'Manage Booking' page.