Compare Zagreb Train Station Car Rental Deals with VIP Cars
Make your departure from Zagreb Train Station easy and timely by booking a cheap car rental from VIP Cars.
With a Zagreb Train Station car rental deal – which you can pick up immediately on disembarking your train –you will have the freedom of choice to move about Zagreb and beyond, as you please. That is, with a car hire you will have the full freedom! Therefore, you will be able to squeeze, even the last minute visits to some of the most beautiful places – towns and villages in Croatia – which travelers usually miss out while using other means of commute.
Zagreb Train Station Car Rental – FAQs
How old do I need to be to rent a car for Zagreb Train Station?
For this location, the minimum age varies from supplier to supplier.
When you have chosen your suitable Zagreb Train Station car rental deal, you can check the minimum and maximum permitted age by expanding the ‘Vehicle T&C’ link provided with every deal. Alternatively, you can seek the help of our booking support team by calling +1-914-368-0091 or +44-208-196-9510.
What do I need to rent a car at Zagreb Train Station?
You will need to present the following documents at the time of pickup to successfully pick your Zagreb Train Station car rental:
- A Full Driving License All international driving licenses are valid in Croatia, but in case it is not in the roman script you will have to provide an International Driver Permit.
- Valid credit card
- Passport or any other Identification issued by the government of your native country.
Can I return my Zagreb Train Station car rental at some other location in Zagreb?
You can return your Zagreb Train Station car hire at any of the below-listed locations:
- Hotel I
- Hotel Sheraton
- Panorama Hotel
- Regent Esplanade Hotel
- Zagreb Airport
- Zagreb Downtown
The return address will be provided by the supplier at the time of pickup.
Suppliers Which Offer Car Hire Service at Zagreb Train Station, Croatia
The best part about booking your Zagreb train station car rental with VIP Cars is that our suppliers allow you to pick up the car at the station itself.
The Zagreb Train Station car hire deals offered by VIP Cars are provided by the below-listed suppliers
- Fleet Rent a Car
- Mack Rent Car
Car Categories That You Can Rent at Zagreb Train Station:
The Zagreb Train station car hire deals available at VIP Cars cover the following car categories:
Tips to safe driving in Croatia
- Beware of the winds: If you are driving your Zagreb train station car rental on highway A1, the wind’s speed ranges from 90 to 100 km/h. Driving in such conditions can be tricky, therefore make sure that you drive safe and slow.
- Headlights: Though headlights are used usually at night, in Croatia, one needs to use headlights even during daytime (from October through May).
- Motorway Signs: Though your Zagreb Train station car hire supplier will provide you with all the important motorway signs, yet we feel obliged to tell you that in Croatia:
- All the motorway signs start with A followed by 2 digits
- In rural areas, the Motorway signs start with Z, followed by four digits
- State road signs start with a D followed by 2 digits
Zagreb Glavni kolodvor – Overview
Zagreb Train Station is Zagreb’s main railway station and is the biggest train station in Croatia. Built in 1892, the train station was renovated in 1987 followed by the same in 2006, and now has 9 tracks and 9 platforms.
Trg kralja Tomislava 12, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
- +385 1 3782 532
Zagreb Train Station Facilities:
Zagreb Train Station Ticketing Areas
Zagreb Train Station has two sets of ticket counters – one is for the international destinations, while the other one is for the local routes.
How to pay for the tickets?
At the ticketing counters, you can pay for the tickets both with cash and credit cards; you can also buy your rail tickets beforehand, at RailEurope.com.
Zagreb Train Station - Information Desk
- First and foremost thing that you should know is that the Information desk doesn't provide any information related to train-routes and timetable, for that you should visit the two ticket counters of the Zagreb train Station.
- The Information Desk is basically a tourist information desk which provides guidance to tourists and helps them in finding and booking the accommodation that suits them the best by providing them access to flyers from local hostels and budget hotels. It remains open throughout the year.
Location: It is located between the main hall and the domestic ticketing counter.
Zagreb Train Station ‘Money Exchange & ATMs’
If you are an International traveler arriving at Zagreb Train Station, it is advised that you should get your native currency exchanged for Croatian Kuna before heading for the capital city of Zagreb.
Currency Exchange: Zagreb Train Station’ Currency Exchange counter offers reasonable exchange rates and is located in the International ticketing area.
ATMs: Zagreb Train Station has two ATMs; one is located just next to the currency exchange counter while the second ATM is located in the main hall – on the left-hand side when exiting the track walk through the main hall.
Zagreb Train Station Shopping Center
Shopping: Initially, it seems that there is not much at Zagreb Train Station for the shoppers – it is quite understandable as there is actually nothing much there on the ground level – but underneath the station, to one’s delight, there is a great shopping mall!
There you can buy a variety of things which also includes the made-in-Italy Croatian fashion products.
Food: There are no dining venues or restaurants on Zagreb Train Station's Ground level; except stuff like some soft drinks, juices, sandwiches, and pastries you won’t be able to get much. However, Zagreb Train Station Shopping center has a supermarket, which is a great place to catch a bite.
Though public phones have been installed throughout the train station, if you want, you can buy a phone card at the Tisak (newspaper kiosk).
Zagreb Train Station Wifi
There is no free Wifi service at Zagreb Train Station.
Left Luggage at Zagreb Train Station
'Left Luggage' is a 24/7 self-service which consists of lockers where passengers can store their luggage by paying a small fee.
Location: It is located on the left-hand-side of the main hall when entering the hall from the direction of the tracks.
Rail Routes That Go Through Zagreb Train Station
- Belgrade - Villach, via Vinkovci, Zagreb, Ljubljana, Bled
- Belgrade - Zurich, via Vinkovci, Zagreb, Ljubljana, Bled, Villach, Innsbruck, Feldkirch, Sargans
- Munich - Zagreb, via Salzburg, Villach, Bled, Ljubljana
- Prague - Split, via Brno, B?eclav, Bratislava, Budapest, Siofok, Fonyód, Zagreb
- Split - Budapest, via Zagreb, Fonyód, Siofok
- Split - Zagreb, via Knin, Ogulin, Karlovac
So, whether you are arriving in Zagreb from Italy, Switzerland, Siberia, Austria or Hungary, do book a cheap Zagreb Train Station car hire from VIP Cars as it is your only key to a satiating traveling experience in Croatia!
Hotels near Zagreb Train Station
If you are on the look for a budget accommodation, here is a list of hotels which are just a few minutes away from Zagreb train station.
- Sheraton Zagreb Hotel
- Hotel Central
- Hotel Palace
- Hotel Arcotel Allegra
- Best Western Hotel Astoria
- Regent Esplanade Zagreb Hotel