A major international aviation hub of Croatia, Zagreb Airport is also known as Pleso Airport. Located about 6 miles away from Zagreb Central Station, the airport is a civilian cum military aerodrome, with Croatian Air Defense and Air Force maintaining an active airbase at its terminal. Primary operational base of the country’s flagship air carrier, Croatian Airlines, the airport handles more than 2 million passengers every year. Zagreb Airport complex consists of one large passenger terminal, Terminal 1, which includes immigration counters, baggage claim sections, customs checking counters and other passenger amenities.
Car rental at Zagreb Airport
Hire a car from the airport and start your trip into the Croatian capital. Besides exploring uncountable natural as well as manmade attractions, you can plan a trip to nearby cities such as, Karlovac, Sisak, and Petrinja. Don’t worry about running out of fuel at the last minute while returning your car at the rental desks. Here are some leading petrol stations located within 1 mile radius of the airport:
- Pleaso Ina at Općina Velika Gorica
- Petrol Station at Slavonska avenija Bb
- Omv Gas at Veliko Polje
As there are also some famous restaurants located near the airport, you can always drop by and check out delicious Croatian food, including Strukli, the signature dessert of Zagreb.
- Hotel Pleaso at Mikulciceva 7a, Velika Gorica
Dream Restaurant at Fausta Vrancica 12, Velika Gorica
- Porin at Sarajevska 41, Zagreb
- Zovko at Slavonska Avenija 59, Sesvete
Take D30 to drive straight into the heart of the Croatian capital. Tourists planning to drive to Ljubljana, that capital of Slovenia, should take E70 motorway right from the airport. While E59 is perfect to reach Graz, Austria, E70 takes you to Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Nestled amid the southern slopes of the Medvednica mountain range, Zagreb is a leading metropolis of Croatia. One of the Romanesque cities of Europe, Zagreb is known for its expansive industrial units, beautifully designed museums, gala entertainment venues, and friendly culture. The city has been playing host to some notable events of prolific artists such as, Rolling Stones, Snoop Dog, Bob Dylan, Lady Gaga, and Eric Clapton among others. Check out all the worth seeing places with ease, as your rental car comes with an unlimited mileage plan!
Key city attractions
What makes VIP Cars special?
- Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Zagreb Islamic Centre and Mosque
- The Grounded Sun
- St. Mark's Church
- Mimara Museum
- Modern Gallery
- Exclusive discounted deals from our leading network of suppliers that includes renowned name like, Fleet rent a car, Last Minute Rent a Car, ORYX Rent a Car, Alamo, Sixt, Euro Car Rental, Dollar Thrifty Automative Group, Uniline Croatia, Hertz, Active Rent a Car, and Europcar.
- Super fast three-steps instant car reservation process
- Anti-intrusion multicurrency booking platform
- 24/7 Zagreb car rental reservation assistance
- Multiple rental inclusions and waivers