Book a low-cost Salvador Airport car hire deal today!
Make sure to pre-book a car rental before you land at the Salvador International Airport, which is also known as Deputado Luís Eduardo Magalhães International Airport, so that you can explore the city on your own time and comfort. On booking a car rental in advance with VIP Cars, you avail big discounts and get an access to the best available deals on car hire for Salvador Airport. Rent a car with VIP Cars for Salvador Airport and experience the city in unmatched driving comfort. Not only will a rental car broaden your sightseeing itinerary, it'll also save you from the hassle of arranging a public transport for every short and long trip
If any assistance is required while booking a car rental for Salvador Airport, or if you're not comfortable on the internet, you can call our 24/7 booking support team on our given helpline numbers where the support staff will happily answer your queries and make the booking for you.
Our car rental suppliers at Salvador Airport
Working in alliance with the most trusted global and domestic car rental suppliers, VIP Cars brings you the best possible deals on the widest range of rental cars. While Localiza, Movida, and Unidas have their service desks at the airport, other suppliers like Alamo and Hertz offer meet and greet service as they are located off-site.
Location of car rental desk at SSA Airport: Arrivals Terminal.
Customization options for Salvador Airport car hire
While booking a car rental for Salvador Airport, the following extras can be added to your vehicle for a small surcharge. These customizations can be made while booking the rental car, or even at the rental desk at the airport (depending on the availability).
- Additional driver
- Booster seat
- Child seats
- GPS systems
Standard insurances in your Salvador Airport car rental
- Theft Waiver - In case your rental car gets stolen, this insurance will cover your share to be paid up to a certain amount.
- Collision Damage Waiver - In the event of an accident, this insurance will reduce your liability up to a certain amount.
- Third Party Liability Insurance - If in an accident some damage is caused to other people or property, this insurance will cover you up to a certain amount.
Documents required to pick up rental car at Salvador Airport
When you arrive at the Salvador Airport, make sure you carry the following documents with you when you head out to pick up your rental car -
- Car rental confirmation voucher
- Credit card in the name of the renter
- International driving permit / valid driving license
- Identity proof (preferably passport)
In case any extra documents are required, you'll be notified via e-mail.
Officially known as Salvador-Deputado Luís Eduardo Magalhães International Airport, Salvador Airport is situated about 28 km northeast of central Salvador. Primarily serving Salvador, the capital of Brazil's Bahia State, Salvador Airport offers direct flights to a number of regional as well as a few airports in Spain and Portugal.
Salvador International features one terminal, two runways, and handles approximately 7 million passengers yearly. The airport shares some of its terminal facilities with the Salvador Air Force Base.
|Address:||Praça Gago Coutinho, s/n - São Cristóvão, Salvador - BA, 41520-970, Brazil|
Salvador Airport Facilities
- Free Wi-Fi, post office, and payphones.
- ATMs, currency exchange desks, and a full-service bank.
- Small eating joints, restaurants, cafes, and bars.
- A wide range of shopping stores, including duty-free stores.
- Medical center, pharmacy, and baby care rooms.
- Short-term and long-term parking facility for 600 vehicles.
Best places to visit in Salvador
As Salvador effortlessly combines the best architectural traits of different times, driving around to explore is natural for any tourist. Your SSA Airport car hire is the perfect option when it comes to discovering new places and meeting new people. Simply make a list of places, beach areas, market towns, and restaurants, and begin your epic car ride. Following are the names of Salvador's topmost attractions:
Church of Nosso Senhor do BonfimLargo do Bonfim, s/n - Bonfim, Salvador - BA, 40415-475, Brazil
- Built in the 18th century, the cathedral was officially listed as a historic structure in 1938 by the National Institute of Historic and Artistic Heritage.
- Featuring a two-dimensional facade, the Church of Nosso Senhor do Bonfim showcases a unique blend of different architectural styles such as Baroque, Portuguese, and Italian.
Historic CenterSalvador, State of Bahia, Brazil
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Historic Center is home to more than 800 buildings that have been beautifully restored over the past decades.
- Careful restoration in the 1990s that cost nearly $100 million has resulted in a vibrant city center that is known for some of the best restaurants, live music concerts, and other notable events.
Elevador LacerdaPraça Municipal, s/n - Centro Histórico, Salvador - BA, 40015-170, Brazil
- What started as a simple pulley elevator in 1610 is now an iconic elevator that connects the Cidade Alta (upper part of the city) with Comércio (lower part of the city).
- There are 4 elevators that travel 72 meters in 30 seconds, offering you scenic views of the city, including the 17th- century city hall Câmara Municipal.
Mercado ModeloPraça Visc. de Cayru, s/n - Cidade Baixa, Salvador - BA, 40015-170, Brazil
- Situated in Salvador's Commerce district, Mercado Modelo is the main market location for shopping for arts and crafts, featuring more than 250 shops and a few restaurants.
- A big tourist destination, Mercado Modelo is a perfect place to buy exquisite souvenirs, gifts, and traditional handicraft.
Da Barra Lighthouse206, R. do Gavaza, 24 - Barra, Salvador - BA, Brazil
- One of Salvador’s most prominent landmarks, the Barra Lighthouse is located at the Barra Beach and offers the most stunning sunrise and sunset views in the city.
- The beach area is also famous for a variety of merchandise stores. Other nearby places include – Morro de Cristo Hill and Farol da Barra Beach.
Rio Branco PalaceLadeira da Praça, S/N - Centro, Salvador - BA, 40020-000, Brazil
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Rio Branco Palace is one of the oldest palaces located within Salvador's Historic Center.
- Named after Jose Paranhos, the baron of Rio Branco, the palace covers a massive 48,000 sq ft and offers magnificent views of the beach located next to it.