Book a cheap car rental deal for Recife Airport today!
Book a cheap car rental deal for Recife Airport, also known as Guararapes-Gilberto Freyre International Airport, and get a vehicle to travel independently. We offer a wide range of rental vehicles that suit every budget and traveling requirements. Moreover, you can customize your Recife Airport car hire deal with our economically priced extras. As you initiate an online booking for REC Airport car rental or give us a call, you can include useful add-ons such as child seats, GPS navigation system, and additional drivers.
Rental car categories available for Recife Airport
We offer Mini, Economy, Compact, Van/Minivan, SUV, and Luxury/Premium car rentals for Guararapes International Airport.
Please note that while an early car hire reservation for Recife Airport will certainly give you discounted deals, your booking is reserved for a car-type and not for a specific rental car model.
Our rental car suppliers
at Guararapes International Airport
While Localiza, Movida, and Unidas operate their service desks at the passenger terminal's ground floor.
Alamo, National, Sixt, and Thrifty offer rental cars from an off-site location in Recife. You'll need to board a courtesy shuttle from Recife Airport, provided by the supplier concerned.
Documents required to pick up rental car at REC Airport
It is necessary to have the following documents, while you’re picking up your rental car at Recife Airport, and as a precautionary measure, they must also be carried, while driving the rental car at all times.
- Driving license
- Credit card (in the name of the driver)
- Identity proof (passport is preferred)
- Car rental confirmation voucher
Requirement of any other addition document, which solely depends upon the rental car supplier concerned, will be duly mentioned in the rental car confirmation voucher sent on your e-mail.
Benefits of reserving a rental car online for Recife Airport
An unprepared plan is liable to cause unwarranted disruptions in your Recife itinerary. Regardless of the destination that you plan to visit, you'd find it depressing to spend time at REC Airport car hire desks, arranging a transport for yourself.
- As our trusted rental car suppliers have their service desks at the airport, booking a rental car online for Guararapes International Airport is the fastest way to drive out of the airport.
- Advance reservation not only saves your time but also gives you the cheapest deals on car hire for Recife International. You can also book a one-way car rental from Recife Airport to Natal by paying a nominal drop-off charge.
Major terms & conditions for Recife Airport car hire
- Minimum age to rent a car is 21 years with a condition that you must be a holder of a valid driving license for past two years.
- Twenty-four-hour roadside assistance is available. Applicable terms are explained by the supplier concerned before you pick up your rental car from REC Airport.
- Not adhering to the agreed fuel policy, which is explained at the rental desk, is liable to attract extra charges.
- The Collision Damage Waiver and Theft Waiver (THW) are part of your REC Airport car hire deal with the maximum excess amount not to exceed BRL 3,000.
- Cross-border travel in Recife Airport rental car to any of the neighboring countries is not permitted.
- Carrying an International Driving License (IDL) is mandatory if your driving license is not in English.
Brief information on Recife Airport
Situated about 9 miles away from the city center, Recife Airport is a single terminal airport that remains open 24/7. Following a major renovation at the advent of 2014 FIFA World Cup, the airport's annual passenger handling capability has been enhanced to nearly 9 million. Primarily serving Recife and its urban agglomeration, which is one of the largest regions in Brazil, Recife Airport shares its terminal space with the Recife Air Force Base. Guararapes International offers direct flight connectivity to a number of regional as well as international airports.
|Address:||Praça Ministro Salgado Filho, s/n - Imbiribeira, Recife - PE, 51210-902, Brazil|
Passenger facilities at Recife Airport
- Free Wi-Fi facility is available throughout the airport.
- Equipped with first aid equipment and medicines, pharmacy is located on airport's first floor.
- Banks, ATM machines, and currency exchange counters are located on the ground floor. While ATMs operate 24/7, banks and currency exchange kiosks are open during the day.
- A large variety of duty-free merchandise stores are scattered throughout the airport.
- There are several restaurants as well as snack bars, with a few open 24/7 at Recife Airport.
Recife Airport destinations
Guararapes-Gilberto Freyre International Airport offers direct flights to several domestic as well as international destinations. Major airport destinations include:
Brasília International Airport, Petrolina Airport, Salgado Filho International Airport, Rio de Janeiro–Galeão International Airport, Deputado Luís Eduardo Magalhães International Airport, São Paulo–Guarulhos International Airport and several others.
Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport, Frankfurt Airport, Tocumen International Airport, Milan–Malpensa Airport, Nelson Mandela International Airport, Lisbon Airport, Miami International Airport, and Ministro Pistarini International Airport.
Popular one-way car rental destinations from Guararapes Airport
You can also book a one-way car rental from Recife Airport by paying a nominal drop-off charge. The following locations in Pernambuco State are the most likely destinations where you'd drive to after picking up your rental car from Recife Airport.
Recife Airport to Recife City
Distance: 14 km/ 9 miles
Fastest Route: Av. Mal. Mascarenhas de Morais
Estimated Time: 20 – 30 minutes
Recife Airport to Olinda
Distance: 22 km/14 miles
Fastest Route: Av. Mal. Mascarenhas de Morais
Estimated Time: 30 – 40 minutes
Recife Airport to Porto de Galinhas
Distance: 49 km/31 miles
Fastest Route: BR-101
Estimated Time: 1 hour
Recife Airport to Natal
Distance: 300 km/ 186 miles
Fastest Route: BR-101
Estimated Time: 4 hours
Things to do in Recife
The capital of Brazil's Pernambuco State, Recife is famous for its diverse entertainment options, a variety of cuisines, pleasing culture, and a wealth of historic sites. One of the leading urban landscapes in the country's northeast region, Pernambuco's capital city is home to several worth seeing places. Topmost attractions in Recife include:
Boa ViagemAv. Boa Viagem, Recife, State of Pernambuco, Brazil
- A popular beach destination, Boa Viagem is a plush neighborhood of Recife, attracting tourists throughout the year.
- Besides beautiful sandy beaches, Boa Viagem is known for its classic restaurants, lively nightclubs, and one of biggest shopping centers of Brazil.
Ricardo Brennand InstituteAlameda Antônio Brennand, s/n - São João, Recife - PE, 50791-904, Brazil
- Located just 6 miles away from central Recife, the Ricardo Brennand Institute consists of a museum, library, park, and an art gallery.
- Spread across 77,000 sq meters, the institute features world's largest collection of armory as well as other artifacts.
Zoo Botanical Park Dois IrmãosPraça Farias Neves, s/n - Dois Irmãos, Recife - PE, 52171-011, Brazil
- Spread across 956 acres, the Zoo Botanical Park Dois Irmãos comprises of the Zoo Botanical and a Natural Science Museum, and an Atlantic Forest reserve.
- The wilderness reserve is home to more than 800 animals belonging to nearly 120 species of birds, mammals, and reptiles.
Museu Cais do SertãoArmazen 10 - Av. Alfredo Lisboa, s/n - Recife Antigo, Recife - PE, 50030-150, Brazil
- The museum glorifies the culture of Pernambuco State, along with a prolific singer-composer Luiz Gonzaga's contribution.
- Divided into seven parts, the Museu Cais do Sertão features audiovisual and digital exhibits, mixing and karaoke room, and an instrument section.
Paço do FrevoR. da Guia, s.n. - Recife, PE, 50030-360, Brazil
- Dedicated to frevo music and local dance, Paço do Frevo is one the best places to learn more about regional dance.
- The small museum is famous for its massive Carnival bilingual insignias from dancing and drumming events.
Kahal Zur Israel SynagogueR. do Bom Jesus, 197 - Rua Domingos José Martins, Recife - PE, 50030-170, Brazil
- One of the oldest synagogues in Americas, Kahal Zur Israel Synagogue is a museum dedicated to the first Jewish assembly in the region.
- Consisting of four floors, the museum showcases the history of Jews. A short movie on Jews' origin and subsequent events is a notable attraction.