Cheap Car Rentals at Faro Airport (FAO)
Book a car rental at Portugal Faro Airport, which is also known as Algarve Airport, and you won’t have to stand in long queues at the rental car desks on your arrival. Renting a car at Faro Airport Portugal is the most feasible option as you can drive around independently and make the most of your time in Portugal. VIP Cars offers best-in-class services to its customers and rental car deals at the most competitive prices for Faro Airport. Rent a car for Faro Airport with VIP Cars and get the best deals and discounts.
Car rental companies
at Faro Airport (FAO)
While Ace, Alamo, AV Cars, Dollar Car Rental, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Goldcar, and Sixt have their car rental desks at Faro Airport inside the terminal building.
First Rent a Car operates its office from the P4 parking lot located outside the terminal building.
Documents required to pick up rental car at Faro Airport
It is necessary to have the following documents, while you’re picking up your rental car at Faro Airport, and as a precautionary measure, they must also be carried, while driving the rental car at all times.
- Driver’s license
- Credit card (in the name of the driver)
- Identity proof (passport is preferred)
- Car rental confirmation voucher
Additional documents sometimes vary from supplier to supplier and if needed, will be mentioned in the confirmation voucher sent to you after the booking of a rental car.
Standard insurances included in Faro Airport car rental
On booking a rental car with VIP Cars for Faro Airport, the following insurances, which are included in your deal, reduce the financial weight on your pocket in the case of any mishaps.
Collision Damage Waiver
In an unfortunate event of the renter being in a road accident, this insurance will cover the damages to the rental car up to a certain amount.
In the case of the rental car being stolen, this insurance will reduce the renter’s liability to a point.
Third Party Liability Insurance
If a third party claims against the renter for physical or property damages, this will protect the renter financially to an extent.
Available add-ons for Faro Airport Car Rental
A number of optional extras are available with VIP Cars that you can hire with your rental car to make your journey more comfortable. A few of these include -
- Navigation system
- Wi-Fi access
- Child seats
- Carbon offset
- Additional driver
- Booster cushion
- Booster seats
These customizations are optional and are available at a small surcharge, and the charges vary from supplier to supplier.
Driving tips for Faro, Algarve
- Vehicles are driven on the right side of the road.
- All car rental documents, along with the license, must be carried at all times.
- Children under the age of 12 have to ride in the backseat.
- Drunk driving is not tolerated in Portugal.
- Speed limits - City roads: 50 km/h,
Open roads: 90 km/h,
Highways: 120 km/h
FAO Airport car rental return before/after the booked date
If a renter decides to cut the trip short and wants to return the FAO Airport rental car earlier than the date specified on the rental voucher, he/she can do so but in such a case, no amount will be refunded by either VIP Cars or the car rental company concerned.
A renter may choose to keep the Faro Airport rental car for a few more days if he/she extends the trip, but he/she must confirm with the car rental supplier regarding the availability. Also, note that the charges for extension are usually higher than the normal rates.
Overview of Faro Airport (FAO)
Faro Airport is situated about 4 km west of Faro. The 24/7 operational airport has a single terminal, one runway and handles approximately 6 million passengers every year. Primarily serving Faro District in Portugal's Algarve region, the FAO Airport offers direct flight connectivity to number of leading airports across Europe. The airport's location near the A22 motorway makes it a popular car hire pickup location for travelers going toward Lisbon and Spain.
|Address:||Faro Airport, 8001-701 Faro, Portugal|
Faro Airport (FAO) facilities
- Free unlimited Wi-Fi, along with payphones and a post office.
- A bank, ATMs, and currency exchange desks throughout the airport.
- Numerous food options, along with vending machines at multiple points in the airport.
- Merchandise stores are located the airport, with duty-free stores in the departures area.
- A medical station, pharmacy, resting lounge, and a children’s play area.
Places to visit in Faro
As your Algarve Airport car rental comes with an unlimited mileage option, why not drive to some of the best places in Faro. Besides exploring something new, you'll learn much more about the city's roots and subsequent evolution. Check out the names of the most visited places in Faro.
Ria FormosaOlhao, Portugal
- A unique barrier islands' system, Ria Formmosa features a large Natural Park, seafood farming, and a wide variety of migratory birds.
- You can also drive to any of the small towns and villages located within its vicinity as there are plenty of bars, restaurants, and cafes catering to tourists.
Cathedral of FaroLargo da Sé 11, 8000-138 Faro, Portugal
- The 13th-century cathedral dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary, Cathedral of Faro is the National Monument of Portugal.
- The cathedral features an eclectic mix of baroque, Gothic, and Renaissance architectures, alongside a small museum and a 18th-century shrine.
Arco da VilaR. da Misericórdia 8, 8000-168 Faro, Portugal
- Commissioned in the beginning of the 19th century by Bishop Francisco Gomes de Avelar, this grand archway has been an important landmark since its inauguration in 1812.
- As the place has been part of an erstwhile Muslim territory, you'll see a heavy influence of Moorish architecture particularly on the inside of the gateway.
Silves CathedralR. da Sé, 8300-140 Silves, Portugal
- A major Gothic monument, Silves Cathedral was constructed as a mosque during the Moorish rule but was later converted into a church.
- Silves Cathedral underwent significant restoration following the 1755 earthquake, giving the entire monument a unique medieval look and feel.
Algarve Live Science CenterR. Cmte. Francisco Manuel 41, 8000-250 Faro, Portugal
- Live Science Center features thirty modules that cover subjects such as oceans' evolution, environment, biodiversity, and physical properties.
- Located outside is the Cicada Garden, the place dedicated to promoting the learning of different aspects of energy, well supported by interactive displays and exhibits.