Cheap Car Rentals at Faro Airport (FAO)
Book a car rental at Portugal Faro Airport also known as Algarve Airport with VIP Cars for the cheapest prices possible. A wide network of suppliers offering discounted rates all around Portugal enables us to offer our customers competitive prices. You can run a search while filling in your details and scrolling through different car rental categories. To make the search and comparison easier we have a filter-based feature so get the option to see the result only relevant to your requirements. As we provide our customers with 24/7 booking support, offering the best-in-class services, reserving with us helps you avail the maximum benefit.
Why is booking a car rental at Faro Airport one of the most popular choices? Being the most feasible travel option, renting a car at Faro Airport has widely been chosen by travelers coming to the country. As soon as you land at the airport, if you have chosen a supplier situated inside the airport premises, the supplier’s desk is reachable within walking distance. And even if your supplier is situated outside the airport premises, you get the meet and greet or free shuttle services. Forget the worries of having to look for transportation options with that heavy luggage, simply rent a car at Faro Airport online and enjoy the freedom!
Car Hire Companies at Faro Airport (FAO)
VIP Cars has a vast network of local and international suppliers that provide a variety of car rental deals at Faro Airport. Our platform allows you to compare cars and suppliers to find the best-suited vehicle. Some of the brands associated with us are mentioned below
- Surprice Car Rental
Car Rental Supplier Desks at Faro Airport (FAO)
Ace, Alamo, AV Cars, Dollar Car Rental, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Goldcar, and Sixt have their car rental counters at Faro Airport inside the terminal building (Arrivals Hall), each company with parking facilities just outside for rental car pick-up and return.
Car rental suppliers such as First Rent a Car and Yes Car Hire operates their office from the P4 parking lot located on the left-hand-side outside the terminal building.
Documents required to pick up a rental car at Faro Airport, Portugal
It is necessary to have the following documents, while you are picking up your rental car at Faro Airport, and these documents are also to be carried while driving the rental car at all times.
- Driver’s license
- Credit card (in the name of the main driver)
- Identity proof (passport is preferred)
- Car rental confirmation voucher
Additional documents sometimes vary from supplier to supplier and if needed, will be mentioned in the Rental Confirmation Voucher sent to you after your booking is confirmed for Faro Airport rental car.
Standard insurances included in Faro Airport car rental
On booking a rental car with VIP Cars for Faro Airport, the following insurances, which are included in your deal, reduce the financial weight on your pocket in the case of any mishaps.
Collision Damage Waiver
In an unfortunate event of the renter being in a road accident, this insurance will cover the damages to the rental car up to a certain amount.
In the case of the rental car being stolen, this insurance will reduce the renter’s liability to a point.
Third Party Liability Insurance
If a third party claims against the renter for physical or property damages, this will protect the renter financially to an extent.
Available add-ons for Faro Airport Car Rental
A number of optional extras are available with VIP Cars that you can hire with your rental car to make your journey more comfortable. A few of these include -
- Navigation system
- Wi-Fi access
- Child seats
- Carbon offset
- Additional driver
- Booster cushion
- Booster seats
These customizations are optional and are available at a small surcharge, and the charges vary from supplier to supplier.
Driving tips for Faro, Algarve
- Vehicles are driven on the right side of the road.
- All car rental documents, along with the license, must be carried at all times.
- Children under the age of 12 have to ride in the backseat.
- Drunk driving is not tolerated in Portugal.
- Speed limits - City roads: 50 km/h (30 mph),
Open roads: 100 km/h (60 mph),
Highways: 120 km/h (75 mph)
FAO Airport Car Rental Return and Late Returns
To drop off your car rental at the airport there are two options. For the local suppliers, the parking is at the P4 park, after the petrol station, next to the airport entrance.
International suppliers such as Dollar Car Rental, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Goldcar, and Sixt are situated at the airport’s terminal arrivals area. These international suppliers have their own drop-off park inside the airport itself with the logos next to each park entrance.
Keep a check on the signposts and refer to the Rental Confirmation Voucher for more clarity.
Early Returns: If you wish to return the FAO Airport rental car earlier than the date specified on the rental voucher, you can do so where no amount will be refunded by either VIP Cars or the car rental company concerned.
Late Returns: If you choose to keep Faro Airport rental car for a few more days, you must confirm the same with the supplier. Also, note that additional charges might be incurred in the extension of the rental booking.
Overview of Faro Airport (FAO)
Faro Airport is situated about 4 km west of Faro. The 24/7 operational airport has a single terminal and one runway. Primarily serving Faro District in Portugal's Algarve region, the Faro Airport (FAO) offers direct flight connectivity to a number of leading airports across Europe. The airport's location near the A22 motorway makes it a popular car hire pick-up location for travelers going toward Lisbon and Spain.
|Address:||Faro Airport, 8001-701 Faro, Portugal|
Faro Airport (FAO) facilities
- Free unlimited Wi-Fi, along with payphones and a post office.
- A bank, ATMs, and currency exchange desks throughout the airport.
- Numerous food options, along with vending machines at multiple points in the airport.
- Merchandise stores are located the airport, with duty-free stores in the departures area.
- A medical station, pharmacy, resting lounge, and a children’s play area.
Popular Places to Visit in a Faro Airport Car Rental
As your Algarve Airport car rental comes with an unlimited mileage option, why not drive to some of the best places in Faro. Besides exploring something new, you'll learn much more about the city's roots and subsequent evolution. Check out the names of the most visited places in Faro.
Ria FormosaOlhao, Portugal
- A unique barrier islands' system, Ria Formmosa features a large Natural Park, seafood farming, and a wide variety of migratory birds.
- You can also drive to any of the small towns and villages located within its vicinity as there are plenty of bars, restaurants, and cafes catering to tourists.
Cathedral of FaroLargo da Sé 11, 8000-138 Faro, Portugal
- The 13th-century cathedral dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary, Cathedral of Faro is the National Monument of Portugal.
- The cathedral features an eclectic mix of baroque, Gothic, and Renaissance architectures, alongside a small museum and a 18th-century shrine.
Arco da VilaR. da Misericórdia 8, 8000-168 Faro, Portugal
- Commissioned in the beginning of the 19th century by Bishop Francisco Gomes de Avelar, this grand archway has been an important landmark since its inauguration in 1812.
- As the place has been part of an erstwhile Muslim territory, you'll see a heavy influence of Moorish architecture particularly on the inside of the gateway.
Silves CathedralR. da Sé, 8300-140 Silves, Portugal
- A major Gothic monument, Silves Cathedral was constructed as a mosque during the Moorish rule but was later converted into a church.
- Silves Cathedral underwent significant restoration following the 1755 earthquake, giving the entire monument a unique medieval look and feel.
Algarve Live Science CenterR. Cmte. Francisco Manuel 41, 8000-250 Faro, Portugal
- Live Science Center features thirty modules that cover subjects such as oceans' evolution, environment, biodiversity, and physical properties.
- Located outside is the Cicada Garden, the place dedicated to promoting the learning of different aspects of energy, well supported by interactive displays and exhibits.
FAQs - Car Hire Faro Airport (FAO)
Economy car rental is the most chosen category by travelers landing at Faro Airport. Other options like SUVs, luxury cars, van/minivans are also booked depending on the requirement of the traveler. Reserve through VIPCars.com to get the best deals for all the available categories.
Yes, there are several suppliers offering automatic transmission car rental at Faro Airport. With VIP Cars, you can also select a filter through which you will only see results for automatics cars, making the search and comparison easier.
Yes, you can easily reserve a Sixt car hire at Faro Airport. Log on to VIPCars.com to fill in your travel details, once you click on the “Search” button, you will see the results with all the car rental companies available. On the left-hand side of the search results page you will see a filter based on car rental suppliers, click on Sixt and only see the result based on the clicked filter.